FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jul 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,906 of 3,064
Thanks @ardacumhur
 @olddude
 @LoryWiv
 & @jon parker
 I ordered a pair last night from Amazon and w/ 2 day shipping for free, I should have them tomorrow.  Love Sunday delivery.

My DNKs are still in the return period, so if the A83s wow me like I expect, then no problem switching and no money lost on resale. :)  I really like the DNKs, just with a touch too much bass...so hopefully these things fall into that sound profile.  New headphones are fun!

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,907 of 3,064
The Dunu1K is very thick due to the bass being so strong.  Very muscular.  That makes it hard to hear upper mids and trebles clearly.  I loved its strength but got tired of the thickness.  The Fidue is entirely different.  It has great bass, but it has great mids and trebles as well.  The only hit on it is that some folks (just a few) have trouble settling on the "correct" tips, as it can, for some few people, be hard to fit.  For me that was not an issue.  I used both Comply 400/500s and a variety of silicons depending on how I felt, but fit was never a problem.  A really wonderful iem.  

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,909 of 3,064

dbdynsty25: JVC spiral dots are another A83 tip option myself and some others have settled on. Consider using a size larger than you usually do as they fit more in the outer than inner ear. Even w/o deep insertion they do seal well and are very comfortable. I refer you to some very helpful prior posts from H20Fidelity, # 472-474 in this thread.

Looking forward to your thoughts, and ENJOY!

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,910 of 3,064
The Spiral Dots are my favorite for the IM04. They clear up any sibliance, add wonderful texture to the bass, and deliver a very clear, open sound. These are what I will likely use for the A83, if I decide to buy.

The Sony Hybrids have good seal and are perfectly comfortable. However, they produce sibiliance, and wouldn't stay in my right ear.

The Ultimate Ear tips are good, but not quite as open-sounding as the Spiral Dots.

For my particular ears, the JVCs are king. :)

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,911 of 3,064
I could not get the Spiral Dots to seat properly in my big old ears.  I wanted to like them, they sure cost enough, but could never get a good seal.  I found the Sonys good, but the Complys gave (me) a better seal that lasted longer (although Complys wear out faster).  

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,912 of 3,064
Medium Comply Isolations fit me very well. They're just not as comfortable. And I don't like the sound nearly as much.

That's the problem with IEMs. Finding the best fit and sound can be a terrible ordeal. In the end, you're simply grateful for a set that stays in and seals properly. :D

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #1,914 of 3,064
Those should be awesome. Never tried them myself.

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #1,916 of 3,064
I already tried the custom molded tips for A83. Didn't work for me. Maybe because of the shallow insertion. Didn't seal well enough. Spiral dots and AKG tips do provide better seal than stock tips

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #1,918 of 3,064
My favourite tips are Sony large hybrids. Best seal with them.

A83 has not deep fit on my ears, a bit shallow but with Sony hybrids, it is ok.

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #1,919 of 3,064
By the way, in listening sessions, this IEM is very sensitive to bad records or bad quality sources.

These doesn't need more power but I think this IEM needs clean source.

Sibilance is there and waiting high volume and bad records together. Hiss is also here because of my notebook on board sound card.

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,920 of 3,064
By the way, in listening sessions, this IEM is very sensitive to bad records or bad quality sources.

These doesn't need more power but I think this IEM needs clean source.

Sibilance is there and waiting high volume and bad records together. Hiss is also here because of my notebook on board sound card.

Get the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 for that Notebook. Treat those A83s right... and yourself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back