FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,741 of 3,064
Well, after much consideration, timing, saving, planning I did buy Tralucent 1Plus2. While I could say it stomps A83 into the tarmac in true noob fashion, I'll just say the upgrade was worh it. I won't however be leaving the A83 family, theyre staying. Our Fidue tribute will live on. Faulty connections or not.

Is the 1Plus2 worth 6x the cost of the A83? I think I'd personally argue no, but it's obviously different for different people. If the 1Plus2 is indeed around the $1200 mark (I actually have no idea what the retail price of it is), then it costs about the same as my Earwerkz Supra 2 and HiFiMan HE-560 combined. And I think I'd pick the combo I've got over the 1Plus2 every time.

On a different note, good to see you're staying in the family! I'm still here even though I haven't had mine for like a month and a half haha
tongue.gif
. Darn them supply issues!

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,742 of 3,064
I tried to search the thread but couldn't find an answer, so maybe one of you guys would know: where can I get a replacement cable from? Not the aftermarket/upgrade kind but the original? Thanks!

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,743 of 3,064
Is the 1Plus2 worth 6x the cost of the A83? I think I'd personally argue no, but it's obviously different for different people. If the 1Plus2 is indeed around the $1200 mark (I actually have no idea what the retail price of it is), then it costs about the same as my Earwerkz Supra 2 and HiFiMan HE-560 combined. And I think I'd pick the combo I've got over the 1Plus2 every time.

On a different note, good to see you're staying in the family! I'm still here even though I haven't had mine for like a month and a half haha :p . Darn them supply issues!

Ooooh, that old saying.. Is it worth *add amount* more.. Personally for me it is, yes the difference is pretty apparent between these two, 1Plus2 take a massive dump on A83. But it's not something I intend doing on a weekly basis, splashing out 1k on random IEM. It was more a one off thing, and handing over the money hurt like hell.

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,744 of 3,064
I tried to search the thread but couldn't find an answer, so maybe one of you guys would know: where can I get a replacement cable from? Not the aftermarket/upgrade kind but the original? Thanks!

Best to contact Fidue via email and enquire. It's not an item stores will stock I don't think.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,745 of 3,064

Agreed with @H20Fidelity. I don't think they carry these in any store, so best to just contact Fidue by email.

Ooooh, that old saying.. Is it worth *add amount* more.. Personally for me it is, yes the difference is pretty apparent between these two, 1Plus2 take a massive dump on A83. But it's not something I intend doing on a weekly basis, splashing out 1k on random IEM. It was more a one off thing, and handing over the money hurt like hell.

Right there with you haha. So much pain, but the musical enjoyment acts like a bandage. On a different note then, A83 still the bang for buck in this case? I've never seen something the likes of a 1Plus2 being close to bang for buck even being as good of a performer as it is.
And on yet another note, it looks like the 1Plus2 has a very large shell (for reasons that were explained so I'm not counting that against it), so how is it in comfort? Cuz the big difference to me here is that the side of the shell facing the ear is somewhat ear-shaped making it a nicer fit. Kinda like how (from my own experience) things like the Cypher Labs C6iem has a shape that makes it sit in the ear more comfortably. I end up with a little discomfort using the A83 after a couple hours.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,746 of 3,064
  Agreed with @H20Fidelity. I don't think they carry these in any store, so best to just contact Fidue by email.

Right there with you haha. So much pain, but the musical enjoyment acts like a bandage. On a different note then, A83 still the bang for buck in this case? I've never seen something the likes of a 1Plus2 being close to bang for buck even being as good of a performer as it is.
And on yet another note, it looks like the 1Plus2 has a very large shell (for reasons that were explained so I'm not counting that against it), so how is it in comfort? Cuz the big difference to me here is that the side of the shell facing the ear is somewhat ear-shaped making it a nicer fit. Kinda like how (from my own experience) things like the Cypher Labs C6iem has a shape that makes it sit in the ear more comfortably. I end up with a little discomfort using the A83 after a couple hours.

Yes, the shells are quite large, partly for the dynamic drivers acoustic chamber. The way it works is the nozzle can reach quite deep inside your canal, along with the earguide and nozzle depth the shell simply hovers outside your ear. The reach works in two ways, it uses depth to get a good seal, second keep the housing away from your ear.

You can see here the difference in nozzle reach, this also really increases the types of tips you can use.

For these reasons the comfort for me is very good, snug and one of my best fitting IEMs atm.

A83 is still very good for the price, it still has loads of detail at this price point, also really well-tuned tonality. But it doesn't sound as clean as 1Plus2 or as strong technically, nore coherent. When using DX90 on a particular firmware 1Plus2 soundstage is practically hovering all around the outside of my head (seriously), especially when a track explodes. When laying down listening I'm in this insane little world.

But A83 will always be in my stable of IEMs, I'm not one to betray something which made very happy and fill in a large amount of my listening time these past months. A83 stopped me making many purchases, knowing there was only one real upgrade (for me). I'd say A83's present upcoming competitor is the new Dunu DN2000J.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,749 of 3,064

Yes, the shells are quite large, partly for the dynamic drivers acoustic chamber. The way it works is the nozzle can reach quite deep inside your canal, along with the earguide and nozzle depth the shell simply hovers outside your ear. The reach works in two ways, it uses depth to get a good seal, second keep the housing away from your ear.

You can see here the difference in nozzle reach, this also really increases the types of tips you can use.

For these reasons the comfort for me is very good, snug and one of my best fitting IEMs atm.

A83 is still very good for the price, it still has loads of detail at this price point, also really well-tuned tonality. But it doesn't sound as clean as 1Plus2 or as strong technically, nore coherent. When using DX90 on a particular firmware 1Plus2 soundstage is practically hovering all around the outside of my head (seriously), especially when a track explodes. When laying down listening I'm in this insane little world.

But A83 will always be in my stable of IEMs, I'm not one to betray something which made very happy and fill in a large amount of my listening time these past months. A83 stopped me making many purchases, knowing there was only one real upgrade (for me). I'd say A83's present upcoming competitor is the new Dunu DN2000J.

Ah, I get it. Yeah, I quite like IEMs that have a little bit longer of a nozzle. It's one of the things I wish the A83 had was a slightly longer nozzle. The Supra 2 is aces for me in terms of fit, comfort, and isolation. With how deep insertion it is and that "universal custom" kinda feel, it simply disappears. They fit perfectly in my smaller ears! The A83 will also stay in my stable (once I get it back and as long as I'm not desperate for funds). It hasn't prevented me from making more IEM purchases, but not because they're not good, simply because I want some more experience in a range of products for comparison. I'm in that side-grade phase to see how other things stack up. It's been a pricey though I think worthwhile venture. I'm looking forward to a few KS-backed IEMs that should be coming to me this month. Maybe with some luck, I'll even get my A83 back this month to compare. Michael's told me he'll be receiving a new shipment in about a week and a half so I'm eager to see these shipped back out to me. The A83 makes for a great comparison point since, while not flat or neutral, it's very capable indeed. Gotta see how some of these newcomers hold up.

Can we find/buy these tips? I have never seen before this kind of eartips.

I think @dnun8086 is working on figuring that out. He got one set that came with an aftermarket cable he bought. I sure haven't seen them anywhere else other than with that cable.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #1,750 of 3,064

Ah, I get it. Yeah, I quite like IEMs that have a little bit longer of a nozzle. It's one of the things I wish the A83 had was a slightly longer nozzle. The Supra 2 is aces for me in terms of fit, comfort, and isolation. With how deep insertion it is and that "universal custom" kinda feel, it simply disappears. They fit perfectly in my smaller ears! The A83 will also stay in my stable (once I get it back and as long as I'm not desperate for funds). It hasn't prevented me from making more IEM purchases, but not because they're not good, simply because I want some more experience in a range of products for comparison. I'm in that side-grade phase to see how other things stack up. It's been a pricey though I think worthwhile venture. I'm looking forward to a few KS-backed IEMs that should be coming to me this month. Maybe with some luck, I'll even get my A83 back this month to compare. Michael's told me he'll be receiving a new shipment in about a week and a half so I'm eager to see these shipped back out to me. The A83 makes for a great comparison point since, while not flat or neutral, it's very capable indeed. Gotta see how some of these newcomers hold up.

I don't see why A83 couldn't have had  longer nozzles, sure would have prevented some fitting issues.

I can understand keeping the design compact but its sacrificed usability in the long run.

There's only a handful of tips I can use with A83.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,751 of 3,064
Couldn't agree more about the longer nozzles, one of the things I believed they have fixed with its younger brother A73. Just wanted to update everyone regarding the velvet eartips. Very unfortunately the company seems to be uninterested in customer service and communication have emailed them a few times to no avail :frowning2:. They will deliver your product should you order them with the cable but not even so much as a response is a bit rubbish tbh. The tips are worth it imo especially as you get a back up cable as well so call is yours guys. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,752 of 3,064
  Couldn't agree more about the longer nozzles, one of the things I believed they have fixed with its younger brother A73. Just wanted to update everyone regarding the velvet eartips. Very unfortunately the company seems to be uninterested in customer service and communication have emailed them a few times to no avail :frowning2:. They will deliver your product should you order them with the cable but not even so much as a response is a bit rubbish tbh. The tips are worth it imo especially as you get a back up cable as well so call is yours guys. 

Unfortunate indeed. Quite a risk still. It amazingly worked out very well for you as the tips fit your ears very well, while it might not fits others' ears quite so well.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,754 of 3,064
Left earphone sound cut out problem is completely related with cable? or it is related slot?

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,755 of 3,064
  i like this cable now

Linum Bax Cable - low crosstalk, high end audio listening

www.linum.dk/linum-bax/

its like wifi or bluetooth upgrade for the headphones :wink:

loook how thin.!

I've got the 2-pin version of this cable and it's actually pretty nice. I was slightly concerned by how thin the cable was for durability, but it feels pretty strong.

Left earphone sound cut out problem is completely related with cable? or it is related slot?

It depends. Does your slot wiggle? Cuz my slot wiggled and that just meant the left was dead. Otherwise, the consensus seems to be clean the connectors or swap for another cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back