FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
May 21, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,698 of 3,064
It's hard to beat a Sony Hybrid, but there are clones that are pretty good. Like the ones that came with My Titan 1's. The green bore ones have alot of bass and detail at the same time. Maybe the best tips I've tried so far. Hard to beat.

May 21, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #1,700 of 3,064
I think in that case, the most important thing is your expectations from A83.

If you can describe your expectations, users can answer easily.

May 21, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,701 of 3,064
I have both the A83 and FX850. Enjoying them both so far as my music preferences are concerned (I listen mostly to j-pop, jazz, ska and acoustic). A83 provides a well-spread and balanced listening. Boomy bass (if you can make a proper seal with the right tips), mids and highs presence (some tips emphasize sibilance on some recordings) that are not leaking to each other. Fit is a bit finicky due to the housing and you will exhaust your tips supply just to have ample isolation and comfort.

The FX850 is another beast all together. Timbre is superb and the bass can get really rumbly, yet punchy on bass-heavy tracks. Mids and highs presence is not compromised even with the overwhelming bass (more of mid-bass hump). Fit is much more tolerable than A83, but is better worn drop down than over the ear due to the bulky driver construct.

Both IEMs have MMCX cable connections, though the stock cable for A83 is not swappable to FX850 due to a small pin that serves as a anti-swiveling mechanism (these can be clipped away to fit). As reported by some head-fiers including myself, the connector for A83 can have some intermittent sound cutting when moving around. This is mostly existent on the stock cable and a simple cable swap seems to fix this.

Even with minor setbacks on A83 (which are fixable), the sonic prowess can best out other IEMs on the same price range. FX850 is also a great-sounding IEM (if you don't mind the mid-bass hump much) on a lower price tier. If your budget is more than enough, you can't get wrong with purchasing both IEMs.

May 23, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #1,702 of 3,064

When you open this company please let me know. 
wink.gif

Looks like you just need to make a quick trip over to Japan and JustEar by Sony
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766651/2015-tokyo-fujiya-avic-spring-headphone-festival-report#post_11604576

May 26, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,703 of 3,064
  Has anyone cleaned the mmcx connectors of the A83 when they experienced any sound cutting out?

Sometime this month, my right earpiece started cutting out at random intervals, and it would go away after a slight movement from my head. I used some rubbing alcohol to clean out the male and female mmcx connectors and found some dirt to clean up.
I felt a little paranoid that the right side was also quieter, but so far, it's good after the cleaning.

I'll report in a few days to see if the issue is fixed.

Yup. Experienced that. Cleaned the connectors (male and female) and found some dirt build-up. The sound become whole again. After 1 week, the intermittent cutting surfaced again on the right earpiece. All of this is with stock cable. With aftermarket cables (shure and linum), there is no intermittent cutting of sound. I guess the culprit would be the male connector of stock cable.

I am currently having the same problem with my A83s, I was experiancing the same intermittent cutting out and could find no dirt so I returned them to the supplier who are unable to replicate the problem and therefore are refusing to replace them. The supplier claims that they have not encountered this problem before and are contacting FIDUE to see if anyone has reported this issue directly to them.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else experiencing an intermittent cutting out of sound from one or other earpiece, the connectors have become increasingly loose over time and when I wiggle the cable the issue can normally replicated.

May 26, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,704 of 3,064
  Well any comparisons will have to wait...I am having issues with them cutting out. I need to return them.

Would elaborate on what you think the issue is?
Mine also are cutting out :frowning2: seems is the connector on the left earpiece

It is primarily the left side that will cut in and out. Doesn't matter the source. I have not taken it apart and cleaned it to see if that cures it.

I had the same problem check the pin in the left connector to see if its bent a bit if it is, I just got a pin and moved it more centre and now its fine.
Hope this might help also could be needs a clean.

And more examples....

May 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,705 of 3,064
I am currently having the same problem with my A83s, I was experiancing the same intermittent cutting out and could find no dirt so I returned them to the supplier who are unable to replicate the problem and therefore are refusing to replace them. The supplier claims that they have not encountered this problem before and are contacting FIDUE to see if anyone has reported this issue directly to them.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else experiencing an intermittent cutting out of sound from one or other earpiece, the connectors have become increasingly loose over time and when I wiggle the cable the issue can normally replicated.

Wiggling the cable helps me eliminate the problem. The causes of the sound cut-outs have varied over this week, from moving my head a specific angle to cutting out whenever I smile while putting it on (although that's with different eartips that easily cause driver flex as well). I just switched to the Shure cable again and have zero issues at all. Try switching the left and right sides of the stock cable and see if anything happens, although I've given up on the stock cable for now.

I cannot replicate the sound cutting out; it just happens with the stock cable. I'm on the same boat with @divineness where aftermarket cables cause no issue. The connectors should look exactly brand new if they are not dirty, mine seems like it'll need weekly cleanings due to constant dirt.

May 26, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #1,706 of 3,064
I had the cut-out issues (right side only).  Eventually I just switched to a Shure cable.  Zero issues since then.

May 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,707 of 3,064
I definitely had the cutting out issue on mine on the left side and sent for replacement.  So far so good, I am now using a Westone Adventure series cable with inline mic for convenience, no issue the past month.

May 27, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,708 of 3,064
These IEM's have simply ruined my music listening :\
Everytime I listen to a track from an album it just sounds SO good I immediately go to another album to hear a track from THAT album and so on and so on
Blast you Fidue, your A83's are too good for a normal Gentleman like myself to enjoy a decent listening session anymore

(DX90-[Lurker1.2.8] -  24-192 / 24-96 - vinyl rips mostly)

May 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,709 of 3,064
  These IEM's have simply ruined my music listening :\
Everytime I listen to a track from an album it just sounds SO good I immediately go to another album to hear a track from THAT album and so on and so on
Blast you Fidue, your A83's are too good for a normal Gentleman like myself to enjoy a decent listening session anymore

(DX90-[Lurker1.2.8] -  24-192 / 24-96 - vinyl rips mostly)

Funny, I've gone back to Shozy Alien with A83. All these thoughts came rushing back why its such an impressive pairing.

What I love especially is the treble. The Shozy gives A83's treble a kind of house sound through Alien, love it. The pairing really gives a great sensation of 'HiFi'. Many times I listen to music through IEM or headphones and sounds great no problem. But occasionally with certain IEM (mostly higher performing) you achieve a real sense of high fidelity, presentation etc. The soundstage expansion, layered, intense clarity etc. My Aurisonics ASG-2 achieve this as well. Kind of clarity and sound that just reacts better and better the louder you go rather than distortion.

My DX90 has been pushed aside, (because it has new plans) so its worked out well.

I'm also using extra large tips from a pair of UE700, nice thick silicon, seal those gremlins right in there.

May 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,710 of 3,064
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Upgrade-Cable-for-SHURE-SE846-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-UE900-Free-Velvet-Tips-/111678704987?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1a0091cd5b

Anyone tried this cable not sure the cable itself would warrant any sound improvements more intrigued by the free velvet ear tips (Yes I did say velvet).

Also my review is up if anyone wants a read :) http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/13207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back