FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Apr 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,516 of 3,064
I use Linum MMCX with my A83 and it solved the comfort issues for me. Add to that the better sound quality. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,517 of 3,064
True in my case. As the acrylic body is already finicky to fit in most ears, fixing the swivel part won't make the IEM more flexible to insert to the ears. Maybe if the memory wire is really thin or absent, like in some aftermarket cables, then insertion and fit will be great. Regular cleaning of the connectors seems to fix the intermittent sound issue for me, at least. Can see the dirt build up after using for about 1-2 weeks.

I never worry about the dirt build up for the Fidue, but I try to clean the grease multiple times a day (and my ears as well). I may have to worry when the summer comes in case of sweat. Making the memory wire thinner or non existent may be a possible action as the stock cable doesn't have too much memory, so it'll fit around your ears better.

I use Linum MMCX with my A83 and it solved the comfort issues for me. Add to that the better sound quality. 
biggrin.gif

The Linum T2 Music, right? I may start picking up cables for sound (and see if I notice any difference), but I've already got my funds on the Trinity Delta as well as trying to save some money if the Dunu Dn-2000J comes out like-able for me.

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #1,518 of 3,064
  I never worry about the dirt build up for the Fidue, but I try to clean the grease multiple times a day (and my ears as well). I may have to worry when the summer comes in case of sweat. Making the memory wire thinner or non existent may be a possible action as the stock cable doesn't have too much memory, so it'll fit around your ears better.

The Linum T2 Music, right? I may start picking up cables for sound (and see if I notice any difference), but I've already got my funds on the Trinity Delta as well as trying to save some money if the Dunu Dn-2000J comes out like-able for me.

nope Linum MMCX Music. T2 is different from MMCX.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #1,519 of 3,064
Does anyone here own both the A83 and DN2000 (and have done for a while - ideally not just tested)? Care to share your thoughts on the pros and cons of them? I presume they just excel in different areas but it's hard to find comments that agree on which areas those are.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,520 of 3,064
  Does anyone here own both the A83 and DN2000 (and have done for a while - ideally not just tested)? Care to share your thoughts on the pros and cons of them? I presume they just excel in different areas but it's hard to find comments that agree on which areas those are.

I have them both here, obviously with my Fidue fanboyism we know which one gets used more.

More importantly, are the reasons for that.

There's something about both Dunu models (1000 / 2000) that sound smoothed over in the mid-range, almost like its been blunted a little to ease fatigue, they don't sound warm or really veiled just missing that edge in detail retrieval. I can hear 2000 try to extract detail but its almost like it hits some barrier before pushing to your ears, almost hazy or subdued. I often found myself listening to the 2000 at very high volumes but never quite reaching what A83 can do at under half those volume levels. 

What won me over with Fidue A83 was its highly detailed presentation which comes very close to being harsh or overly aggressive if you're using an incorrect source, also leads to early fatigue, though I'm willing to tinker with them to get that level correct. If the DN-2000 had the same level of detail as A83 its could be a strong contender particular with advantage in soundstage width, fit, and accessories, but that smoothed over sensation in the mids is enough for me not to use them at all despite all its positive aspects.

I like detail, A83 provides what DN-2000 cannot.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,521 of 3,064

I have them both here, obviously with my Fidue fanboyism we know which one gets used more.

There's something about both Dunu models (1000 / 2000) that sound smoothed over in the mid-range, almost like its been blunted a little to ease fatigue, they don't sound warm or really veiled just missing that edge in detail retrieval. I can hear 2000 try to extract detail but its almost like it hits some barrier before pushing to your ears, almost hazy or subdued. I often found myself listening to the 2000 at very high volumes but never quite reaching what A83 can do at under half those volume levels. 

What won me over with Fidue A83 was its highly detailed presentation which comes very close to being harsh or overly aggressive if you're using an incorrect source, also leads to early fatigue, though I'm willing to tinker with them to get that level correct. If the DN-2000 had the same level of detail as A83 its could be a strong contender particular with advantage in soundstage width, fit, and accessories, but that smoothed over sensation in the mids is enough for me not to use them at all despite all its positive aspects.

You're making me want the Fidue too instead of just the Shozy Alien 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,522 of 3,064

DN-2000J is coming out soon. Let's see what it brings to the table.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #1,523 of 3,064
Man, all I can say is I have not been using my Fidue's due to always being on the go with med appointments, tests, and daughter being in pre-k, but let me say I just listened to them for like 4 hours straight via the DX90-Meier 2move combo... such a good buy for 300$ or under. Really top notch between bass and low end extension to detail retrieval and just a tonality that I have not enjoyed so much in many of the full size headphones I have used and or owned. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #1,524 of 3,064
Man, all I can say is I have not been using my Fidue's due to always being on the go with med appointments, tests, and daughter being in pre-k, but let me say I just listened to them for like 4 hours straight via the DX90-Meier 2move combo... such a good buy for 300$ or under. Really top notch between bass and low end extension to detail retrieval and just a tonality that I have not enjoyed so much in many of the full size headphones I have used and or owned. 

I've sold much of my gear recently, that includes several IEM and sources. Left IEM like Shure SE535 behind, let the Rhapsodio RDB Mini go (which was my previous reference IEM). But the A83 remain without any thoughts of selling. Between my Aurisonics ASG-2 and Fidue A83 I'm quite content with the performance levels.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,525 of 3,064
Yeah that is how I feel as well, between the fidue a83 and sm64 v2 I am very content with them as far as
Portable high fi. And the meier 2 move with dx90 as a source sounds great, and the dx90 being used as dac and amp has great synergy with the sm64. As far as desktop gear I sold most if it except the audio-gd NFB 28 which a balanced all In one and a a great amplifier for the modded he-560 whicheck is my go to desktop headphone

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #1,528 of 3,064
Apr 15, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,529 of 3,064
Standard Shure cable for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back