FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 12, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,156 of 3,064
I hear on the grapevine Fidue now have an optional balanced cable for A83, not sure if they're for sale atm, I was speaking to a member who has a sample. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,157 of 3,064
These are seriously some of the cleanest , best sounding universals I have ever heard! I think these will be the next big "swear by items"

I have had mine for just over a week. I am running mine balanced into a Pono Player and your right on they are so much and balanced. Every other IEM I have tried was just lacking in one area or another but these just feel so rite.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,158 of 3,064
I got the Silver Dragons from Moon Audio, balanced for Pono, and they have a big effect on the Fidue sound.  How much is the silver cable and how much is the balanced I can't say.  More bass and timbre in the lows and mids, slightly smoothed but still bright uppers.  Fuller sound, if that makes sense. Still very well-balanced from low to high.  I've listened to a variety of tracks for more than an hour, and have popped the earpieces off and tried the stock cable again to compare the differences.  The uppers of the Fidue are not so much in the front of the sound, as the timbre is now increased.  But they are still there, just more mixed into the overall sound.  The bass is a lot stronger, in a good way.  The Pono is a bit (slightly) light in the bass compared to the X5, and these cables brought that area back and then a bit more.  But not like the Dunu1Ks.  I was worried at first that I had lost the delicacy of the stock sound, but the more I listen the more I can hear that the sound is just fuller.  

The Moon cable has much less microphonics than does the stock cable, especially when it comes to the ear parts of the cable.  I can move my head around and there is no rubbing sound on my chin/jaw/glasses.  The fit is quite good.  The ear wire loops easily over the ears and there is a built-in chin slider.  

It seems to be a very good upgrade, albeit a pricey one at $215 + shipping.  Took less than a week from when I ordered it to delivery with $10 2-day shipping.  It moves the Fidue from a $300 +/- iem to a $500 +/- iem.  I can't say how much of an upgrade it would be with a single terminal, but I have a feeling it would be pretty substantial even unbalanced.  

Grrorr76, above, got the Black Dragon I believe, which is copper and $35 less.  

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,159 of 3,064
  I got the Silver Dragons from Moon Audio, balanced for Pono, and they have a big effect on the Fidue sound.  How much is the silver cable and how much is the balanced I can't say.  More bass and timbre in the lows and mids, slightly smoothed but still bright uppers.  Fuller sound, if that makes sense. Still very well-balanced from low to high.  I've listened to a variety of tracks for more than an hour, and have popped the earpieces off and tried the stock cable again to compare the differences.  The uppers of the Fidue are not so much in the front of the sound, as the timbre is now increased.  But they are still there, just more mixed into the overall sound.  The bass is a lot stronger, in a good way.  The Pono is a bit (slightly) light in the bass compared to the X5, and these cables brought that area back and then a bit more.  But not like the Dunu1Ks.  I was worried at first that I had lost the delicacy of the stock sound, but the more I listen the more I can hear that the sound is just fuller.  

The Moon cable has much less microphonics than does the stock cable, especially when it comes to the ear parts of the cable.  I can move my head around and there is no rubbing sound on my chin/jaw/glasses.  The fit is quite good.  The ear wire loops easily over the ears and there is a built-in chin slider.  

It seems to be a very good upgrade, albeit a pricey one at $215 + shipping.  Took less than a week from when I ordered it to delivery with $10 2-day shipping.  It moves the Fidue from a $300 +/- iem to a $500 +/- iem.  I can't say how much of an upgrade it would be with a single terminal, but I have a feeling it would be pretty substantial even unbalanced.  

Grrorr76, above, got the Black Dragon I believe, which is copper and $35 less.  

I totally concur with your findings and I also believe the soundstage is wider and separation is better also.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,160 of 3,064
No picture of the fancy silver dragon connected to A83? 
mad.gif

That's it? Just a few simple paragraphs....DISAPPOINTMENT. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #1,165 of 3,064
Right now going for 259.95 on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMSP4VY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I recently purchased these and a few other iems. These were my favorite of the bunch, although they were also twice the price of the others.

I prefer a warm, balanced sound.

Initially I actually found the bass a tad bloated. But at the time I was mostly listening to the HD650 which has pretty much zero sub bass. Once I adjusted to the sub bass prescense I found the bass to be about perfect in quantity. The only thing that bothers me about this IEM is the lower midrange. It seems recessed to my ears... or maybe it's perfectly balanced and I'm used to something a little more tilted.  It improved quite a bit when i switched to tips that have a smaller bore, but its still not quite as prominent as I like. The smaller bore tips also decrease soundstage width and the overall "airiness" of the sound. Overall I do find the sound to be very well balanced with a nice hint of warmth.

I'm going to guy ahead and buy the FX850 and likely keep whichever one I like the best.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,166 of 3,064
Hi all,
Good day i am getting this iem and shipping in february (massdrop deal), Any other option for balanced source beside balanced pono that will play nicely with fidue a83?
Oh and also, can we do the poll about best eartips that suit fidue A83? pretty please 
smile.gif

Regards,
vayz

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,167 of 3,064
  Hi all,
Good day i am getting this iem and shipping in february (massdrop deal), Any other option for balanced source beside balanced pono that will play nicely with fidue a83?
Oh and also, can we do the poll about best eartips that suit fidue A83? pretty please 
smile.gif

Regards,
vayz

You're welcome to set up a poll - am sure you'll get a few responses.  Tips will very much depend on individual physiology though. Because of the shallow fit - I'm using a pair of L T400 Comply foam tips.  I also found that Sony Isolation tips also work well.

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,168 of 3,064
He's right about tips and ears (shape/depth as well as listening prefs).  I just bought some well-regarded Sony silicon tips from China that everyone is raving about, don't fit my ears so well.  Where my Radio Shack silicon tips are perfect.  Complys are good, especially with (really) bright iems/source, but sometimes not so good (my Pono sounded less then stellar in the uppers with them).  My X5 and X1 sound great with them.  Trial and error is the best road.

I believe the AK240 is balanced, I bet they would sound just fine with the Fidues.  
confused_face.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,169 of 3,064
I orginally thought smaller bore tips increased lower midrange prescence significantly. After more rolling I think the change is not as big as I thought. The main thing with the smaller bore tips is you lose quite a bit of stereo width, and bass and treble extension. This is possibly why, on certain tracks, the midrange can seem more forward.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #1,170 of 3,064
  He's right about tips and ears (shape/depth as well as listening prefs).....

I'm using Sony hybrids bought and the sound is stellar once inserted with a good seal, but to do so is a bit tricky.

Has anyone tried the Shure olives? Not even certain they'd fit the A83's 4.5mm nozzle but have read they are a great option versus Comply foams, which I found muddled the mids and highs far too much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back