FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 2, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,126 of 3,064
No problem with my Fidues and I use them to walk a couple of miles every day.  So they certainly have movement near/at the connectors that has not caused cut-out.  Manufacturing issues?  Luck?  Are people taking cables off and putting them back on, causing issues?  

Again, if you have Fidues they will still be under warranty, so call the company and ask for help if you get cut-out.  They may just replace the cable for you.

I don't think I'd like to spend the $ on 1 + 2s and have them fall apart in the street.  

Haha, 1plus2 really are prone to falling off, wearing them round your neck (not in use) only to find one sides fallen off down the street somewhere 20 minutes later. Read a few horror stories. In fairness though it can happen to many customs using Westone 2 pin configuration.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,128 of 3,064
BTW, I ordered 9 pairs of these based on your recommendation and the fact that I need to run silicons with my Fidue/Pono.  Price was certainly right.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #1,129 of 3,064
Build quality should be a big part of a device's worth.  Makes me not want a 1+2 no matter how good it might sound.

It sounds really bad on paper, but a spot of adhesive or wood glue on each edge of the recessed socket fits them tightly for the long haul. My RDB MIni and 1plus2 both did it. But it all retracts back to my original post, simply nothing absolutely reassuring on the market. (yet)

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #1,130 of 3,064
  No problem with my Fidues and I use them to walk a couple of miles every day.  So they certainly have movement near/at the connectors that has not caused cut-out.  Manufacturing issues?  Luck?  Are people taking cables off and putting them back on, causing issues?  

Again, if you have Fidues they will still be under warranty, so call the company and ask for help if you get cut-out.  They may just replace the cable for you.

I don't think I'd like to spend the $ on 1 + 2s and have them fall apart in the street.  

I baby my equipment...I would write it off as bad luck. That said it appears there have been others with the exact problem. I remember early into this addiction I had an issue with my Rock-It r50's and others had the exact same problem as time went on and more people purchased them so some times it takes time for certain issues to rise as more people buy a specific item. I had never removed my cable until I had issues with it cutting out.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,131 of 3,064
The Dunu1Ks seems to be built like a tank.  AND the cable was non-replaceable, as I recall.  

I can recall my issues with several UE products, had problems where the wire entered the plug and then on a different one the earpiece (the left) went bye bye on a 700.  They warrantied both items, sent me replacements (this was pre-Logitech).  

The plug issue I resolved by stopping carrying the device in my pants pocket to lessen cable strain.  The other issue I try to lessen by, as above, babying the iems.  

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,132 of 3,064
Dunu DN-1000 but > cable stiffies. Far too much excitement surging through those cables. If anything they DO need detachable.

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,133 of 3,064
Cable stiffies?  Excitement surging?  Are we still talking about music?

Actually, wasn't it you that had the issue of the cable getting weird by the split?  And rubbing lotion on it?

Wait, are we still talking about music?

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #1,134 of 3,064
Many people had it occur since, yes I tried several remedies short of an exorcism to no avail. Luckily A83 is a little more mature on both music fronts and flexibility. (Meaning detachable cables, obviously)

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #1,135 of 3,064
Guys again I have a question, can we compare A83 with Re-600?

Who will be the winner? Midrange and bodied sound are important for me. Also I expect wide soundstage.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #1,136 of 3,064
Guys again I have a question, can we compare A83 with Re-600?

Who will be the winner? Midrange and bodied sound are important for me. Also I expect wide soundstage.

Go for the A83  Arda 
wink.gif
 RE600 is nothing so special.

You can also give IM70 a try for that beautiful midrange and full bodied sound.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,137 of 3,064
I received that test pair of Spiral Dot tips today, they're quite different *add lumps of placebo*

Not sure I've heard a tip change the sound quite as much as these, they've done something to the soundstage and increased the coherence by a decent margin, very strange actually. From the 15 minutes listening I've done I think they're already a winner for A83, though still trying to work out exactly what they're doing to the sound?

I understand why members rave about them though, definitely 'different'

Jan 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #1,138 of 3,064
  I received that test pair of Spiral Dot tips today, they're quite different *add lumps of placebo*

Not sure I've heard a tip change the sound quite as much as these, they've done something to the soundstage and increased the coherence by a decent margin, very strange actually. From the 15 minutes listening I've done I think they're already a winner for A83, though still trying to work out exactly what they're doing to the sound?

I understand why members rave about them though, definitely 'different'

Some feedback on them w/ the A71 please?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back