FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 8, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #1,141 of 3,064
I just got my set of A83's yesterday.  I am using mine with my Pono Player in balanced mode with a balanced lead by moon audio.  In balanced made they are ridiculously detailed and enjoyable. When I tried the non balanced with the stock cable the sound stage wasn't as wide as balanced. The extra amping in balanced really helps them. They are the perfect match for the Pono I really love them.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,145 of 3,064
$215.  I would hope so.  Silver DragonV1 IEM with the Pono dual balance plugs.  Though I don't see Fidue listed in the item group.  Does it fall under the JH Audio/Noble Audo/Ultimate Ears/Unique Melody grouping?

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #1,146 of 3,064
  $215.  I would hope so.  Silver DragonV1 IEM with the Pono dual balance plugs.  Though I don't see Fidue listed in the item group.  Does it fall under the JH Audio/Noble Audo/Ultimate Ears/Unique Melody grouping?

The silver dragon cables for the a83's are the same plug as the shure's so your after the share plug ones.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,148 of 3,064
Yep - Shure connectors definitely work on the A83.  I'm using them single ended.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,151 of 3,064
Can anyone compare these to the JVC FX850? I realize the two sound signatures are probably quite a bit different... but I'm torn between the two.

I prefer a warm, but relatively balanced signature. Have not got along previously with any BA's(mainly because of the lack of warmth/overly dry sound)... but have yet to try a hybrid. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,152 of 3,064
I have both and I love them for their superior detail retrieval, wide soundstage and engaging vocals. JVC FX850 is characterized as warm, with emphasis on upper mids while the fidue A83 is rather balanced on all frequencies. If you read the other thread, there is a popular mod from james444 that aims to tame the upper mids and bring the sound to balanced level. Haven't tried the mod yet (since I don't have materials yet) , but I love the sound of JVC as it is now. You can never go wrong with either earphones as they are both technically capable and great sounding.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #1,153 of 3,064
I have both and I love them for their superior detail retrieval, wide soundstage and engaging vocals. JVC FX850 is characterized as warm, with emphasis on upper mids while the fidue A83 is rather balanced on all frequencies. If you read the other thread, there is a popular mod from james444 that aims to tame the upper mids and bring the sound to balanced level. Haven't tried the mod yet (since I don't have materials yet) , but I love the sound of JVC as it is now. You can never go wrong with either earphones as they are both technically capable and great sounding.

THIS!  Couldn't have said it better. Maybe more details with Fidue but the sound signature , the tone of instruments and timbre is so good with the FX-850. The soundstage and separation of the JVC rivals many cans I have heard.

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #1,154 of 3,064
Thanks for the comparisons guys. Overall, I value something that is fun and engaging over something completely neutral or detail oriented. They both sound to have good detail retrevial and resolution. I owned the FX700 previously, I liked it quite a bit. The only thing that kept me from loving it was the over-exaggerated bass. Although, my tastes have changed since then... I don't think it will bother me as much now.

Hmmmm... this is going to be a tough one!

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,155 of 3,064

THIS!  Couldn't have said it better. Maybe more details with Fidue but the sound signature , the tone of instruments and timbre is so good with the FX-850. The soundstage and separation of the JVC rivals many cans I have heard.

I loved that about the FX700. Instruments sounded incredibly vivid and lifelike. How does the A83 compare in this regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back