FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #736 of 3,064
SO, the Earsonics Sm64 and from first impressions of these to the impressions that I am having with the Fidue's they are both some top notch sounding IEMs in the 500$ limit. Two different signatures, one more neutral, with lighter but punch bass, neutral mids, and bit more treble. The other a bit more bass slam, nice midrange  a bit warmer and lush, treble that is smooth but still has detail. Definitely enjoying both and definitely going to do some a/bing when I get some more burn in done.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #737 of 3,064
I asked the comparison on the ue900. Having the UE900S, I thought they were excellent IEMs and was kinda shocked when you said the a83 stomped all over them. Felt like a hype train response but good to know your UE900 sounds better now that it's cleaned.
Earlier in this thread I mentioned UE900 not being comparable to A83 which at the time was true. I've recently discovered my (used) UE900 had blocked (or partially clogged filters). After cleaning the filters today they sound quite different (better). While I think A83 still takes the lead, especially in relation to causing 'goose bumps' the gap between them is closer than previously estimated. Just leaving this here for reference and future readers. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #738 of 3,064
  SO, the Earsonics Sm64 and from first impressions of these to the impressions that I am having with the Fidue's they are both some top notch sounding IEMs in the 500$ limit. Two different signatures, one more neutral, with lighter but punch bass, neutral mids, and bit more treble. The other a bit more bass slam, nice midrange  a bit warmer and lush, treble that is smooth but still has detail. Definitely enjoying both and definitely going to do some a/bing when I get some more burn in done.

Which one is more neutral?

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #739 of 3,064

Which one is more neutral?

I would say the Fidue A83 is relatively neutral, and very nice sounding, detailed, nice bass  extensions and does have some kick to match the tracks that have it. I have not had any trouble with the dip on the graph and i have not had trouble with brightness with the DX90. I am listening to all 16bit 44.1khz and up. I definitely feel it is more neutral, because the SM64 has a more warm mid range, and has some slight rise I feel like in the low end, but not muddy or messy, very nice bass, detailed and great mid range, and bit smoother treble. I believe is has a dip in the higher mid or lower treble if I am not mistaken but honestly to these ears it is fantastic especially pairing it with the DX90 and Corda 2move

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #741 of 3,064
I asked the comparison on the ue900. Having the UE900S, I thought they were excellent IEMs and was kinda shocked when you said the a83 stomped all over them. Felt like a hype train response but good to know your UE900 sounds better now that it's cleaned.

Honestly, when I first went into the UE900 thread they were all in there like.....

UE900! UE900!

When mine arrived I was like......

But since cleaning the filters it's more like.....

You can read more here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-impressions-thread/3750#post_11040216

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #743 of 3,064
I keep saying, get an X5.

Check you pms

I'm quite happy with the C3, I even tried my Studio V today which is x4 the price of C3, while its very detailed it still doesn't supply the same effect, was a little sterile actually, so this is really a matter of preference over budget. Brooko would be Interested to know there's virtually no hiss at all with Studio. (that's saying something at 11ohm with Studio V)

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #745 of 3,064
I would probably go with the fiio over the colorfly mostly because the sd card option, and the price you can find is for its quality is really good for a player that handles high res files. Also you could use a amp if you ever wanted too like the pure or some thing i do know if you can with the color fly

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #746 of 3,064
I would probably go with the fiio over the colorfly mostly because the sd card option, and the price you can find is for its quality is really good for a player that handles high res files. Also you could use a amp if you ever wanted too like the pure or some thing i do know if you can with the color fly

+1.....and good support from James & co,SQ,bug fixing/player optimization thru FW updates, to add.....:D

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #747 of 3,064
Colorfly C3 isn't for the person who wants bells and whistles, also has low end roll-off, a prehistoric user interface and screen smaller than a matchbox. What it does have is superior sound to any iPod or most Cowon players (with exception of Plenue) and a micro sd slot. :wink: I recommend regardless of my C3 / A83 rants research first before buying. It can keep up with DX50 headphone out, and you know what they say about DX50 vs X3....,

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #748 of 3,064
After more than a week owning these blue and red wonders I can say:

They sound really good, great balance across the whole spectrum.
Bass is there! more than the GR07BE but also much better.
The fit could be better.
Every genre I have thrown to them as been handled with ease and delivering lots of enjoyment.

This LCD Soundsystem's song sounds complete... difficult to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwoLACv_srQ

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #749 of 3,064
No, I don't know what they say about x3 vs x5 o: Tell me!

I love the sound sig of the a83, just the "hiss" on some tracks kills me..

And well, I don't mind the trade off in user interface if the sound quality of the c3 is considerably better than the x3.... And I think sound quality and good pairing with the a83 is what I'm after :)

Blackfriday and cybermonday is around the corner... Man, head fi is blowing my budget for my work laptop and car... e.e;

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #750 of 3,064
I have a feeling that grey Phonak PFE tips can solve fit and comfort problems on A83. Someone should try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back