FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #466 of 3,064
That is too bad about the Cayin C5 I was hoping that if I got the A83 that I could pair it with the Cayin c5. 

Hold up there bronco, it doesn't sound bad, not at all, sounds great. :wink: just not what I'm personally looking for in sound preference. I would hate someone to make thier purchase decision on my few simple sentences.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #467 of 3,064
You probably can- he just said that HE didn't like the signature as it wasn't what he was looking for.  Doesn't mean it doesn't pair well.  All of us have different auditory needs and desires.  
k701smile.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #468 of 3,064
Hold up there bronco, it doesn't sound bad, not at all, sounds great.
wink.gif
just not what I'm personally looking for in sound preference. I would hate someone to make thier purchase decision on my few simple sentences.

I know I re read what you wrote, and got a better understanding what you were saying, a little too laid back and smooth in the midrange with the pairing? I mean for what you are looking for? 

I happen to love the amp for headphones that tend to be a little bright or edgy this could be why.

I am more or less concerned with teh pairing with the A83 and DX90... I am in between at the moment with the Earsonics SM64 and the Fidue A83, two signatures(from what I have read) that I really like.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #469 of 3,064
Been scouring through this thread for some recommendation on tips for these. The supplied foam tips and large silicon tips fit me well. I wanted to use the double flange ones, but they are too small and don't give much of a seal.

Are there some other tips I should try out? I tend to like foam tips.
I happen to have some Comply T-400s, but they didn't feel as good as the supplied foam tips. I would order some more of those if I knew what they were.
Did see someone mention these: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156# Figure for $4 I'll give them a shot. I'll see them in about a month!

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #470 of 3,064
Hi Shawn, maybe around 100-200? I asked about the comparioson with audeo 232 because someone wrote a review here and mentioned that the fidues are "up there with the audeo 232" or something to that effect and made me curious... :)

So colorfly or fiio? Hmmmm... How do they differ in sound?

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #471 of 3,064
Hi Shawn, maybe around 100-200? I asked about the comparioson with audeo 232 because someone wrote a review here and mentioned that the fidues are "up there with the audeo 232" or something to that effect and made me curious...
smily_headphones1.gif

So colorfly or fiio? Hmmmm... How do they differ in sound?

I own both the A83 and PFE232 but they're both too different to compare for me. After listening to the 232, the A83 almost sounds neutral.

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #472 of 3,064
  I know I re read what you wrote, and got a better understanding what you were saying, a little too laid back and smooth in the midrange with the pairing? I mean for what you are looking for? 

I happen to love the amp for headphones that tend to be a little bright or edgy this could be why.

I am more or less concerned with teh pairing with the A83 and DX90... I am in between at the moment with the Earsonics SM64 and the Fidue A83, two signatures(from what I have read) that I really like.

Yes, little too relaxed for my tastes in the mids. A83 have great extension with the correct source, so take vocals for example and someone who doesn't mind some aggression in the upper mid-range, that's not there for me with Cayin C5.

While I'm here for those needing tips solutions I have some others you can try. I'm constantly going through my tips with A83, not so much searching for the correct fit, more looking for the best sound. I'm using these linked below, they might come in handy for some of you in search for fitting tips. They're quite cheap too in black or white S/M/L

They seem to really fill the ear canal.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-EX10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&tfrom=350287611216&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #473 of 3,064
  While I'm here for those needing tips solutions I have some others you can try. I'm constantly going through my tips with A83, not so much searching for the correct fit, more looking for the best sound. I'm using these linked below, they might come in handy for some of you in search for fitting tips. They're quite cheap too in black or white S/M/L

They seem to really fill the ear canal.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-EX10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&tfrom=350287611216&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Thanks for the tip
wink_face.gif

I was lucky in that the fitted tips work quite well for me. None of the others supplied came close. I think the double flanges don't work because the insertion is so shallow and the same for the foams.
I'll be trying anything I can find in a medium for 25mm bore. It looks like a search for sony or Sennheiser should do the trick.

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #474 of 3,064
  Thanks for the tip
wink_face.gif

I was lucky in that the fitted tips work quite well for me. None of the others supplied came close. I think the double flanges don't work because the insertion is so shallow and the same for the foams.
I'll be trying anything I can find in a medium for 25mm bore. It looks like a search for sony or Sennheiser should do the trick.

The problem I'm finding with many tips is because of the short reach on A83 nozzle tips are having a hard time grabbing onto anything inside the canal. I have quite a few that fit but I imagine that's the problem people are experiencing. I've been through this before with my Rhapsodio hybrid which is a little stubby fella himself.

The nozzles are quite short on both these designs, the housings only going to enter so far before hitting your outer ear.

So what you want to do is find a wide outside diameter tip  and form a seal around the outer edge of your canal.

Something like this tip on the right will get that job done better than the one on the left for me.

(tip on the right is what I use by default with my A83)

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #475 of 3,064
So I have finally given ample listening to the A83 and all I can say is that this has got to be one of my favourite IEMs by far!
It's not reference sound material but definitely one of the best if not the best MUSICAL sounding hybrid IEM out there.

Special thanks to @djvkool for letting me audition the A83. It was a pleasant experience.
I will be posting a mini review soon so stay tuned...
nothing new but just a testament of how good this IEM is.
It truly deserves the praise so I feel obliged to write a review.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #476 of 3,064
First impression, just over an hour listening... (coming from GR-07BE)

Not problem at all getting a good fit and seal, but usually I don't have problem in getting a quick seal.
The A83 have great bass, not just better than the 07BE but more quantity.
I don't find them to neutral... maybe my brain needs to adjusts.
Again, just a very first impression, I'm not mind blown by the sound, but I think there is a lot of potential here

Build quality is good, but not great, one of the MMCX ports on the earphones is a bit out of the frame.

update: I'm using an X5 without amp.

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #480 of 3,064

Something like this tip on the right will get that job done better than the one on the left for me.

(tip on the right is what I use by default with my A83)

I found some old Sonys with similar shaped tips to the one on the right. They use a much finer material than any of the supplied tips. Whilst I used mediums with the Sonys, it is the large that work with the A83s for me.
The other thing for a good fit is to ensure that the cables are pointing forwards to allow the shell to fit properly within your ear.

...and the cable is sublime - I wish I could find something similar for interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back