FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Feb 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,031 of 3,064
P1 cable appears to fit fine on the a83.  I tried the non-mic cable.  I did notice that because of the roughly triangular shape of the mmcx end, it will not fully rotate, there's some resistance as you rotatage the plug -- which might be a good thing, i guess.

Nope, I double checked but cannot, please see below video:
https://youtu.be/knng-L7Jy3c

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #3,032 of 3,064
I searched the whole thread through for any comparison between the FLC8s and the A83.
I cant really decide which I should get, on the one hand the A83 seems to have a little more bass (which I would like), but the FLC8s have 2pin (which seem to have less problems) and is more tunable.

Can anyone commend / compare these two regarding bass amount / impact and sibilance? (Or anything else mentionable)

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #3,033 of 3,064
  I searched the whole thread through for any comparison between the FLC8s and the A83.
I cant really decide which I should get, on the one hand the A83 seems to have a little more bass (which I would like), but the FLC8s have 2pin (which seem to have less problems) and is more tunable.

Can anyone commend / compare these two regarding bass amount / impact and sibilance? (Or anything else mentionable)

FLC8 have more and can be tuned by filter to have even more. I love them both. The FLC8 has more bass than the detail beast A83...IMO

I need a cable for this FLC8S

Any balanced options out there?

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #3,034 of 3,064
 FLC8 have more and can be tuned by filter to have even more. I love them both. The FLC8 has more bass than the detail beast A83...IMO

I need a cable for this FLC8S

Any balanced options out there?

How are the highs? Any sibilance or harshness?

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,036 of 3,064

​ I think Brooko measured a peak around 10khz? most sssssssiblance happens around 8Khz for me. These are bright but not hash or ssssshiny sounding

You'd be right, looks like one at 3kHz and 10kHz according to @Brooko's graphs in his review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11605

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #3,037 of 3,064
  You'd be right, looks like one at 3kHz and 10kHz according to @Brooko's graphs in his review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/11605

That was uncompensated - I really need to go back and update all my old graphs.

Disclaimer:
The graphs below are generated using the Vibro Veritas coupler and ARTA software. Ken Ball (ALO/Campfire) graciously provided me with measurement data which I have used to recalibrate my Veritas so that it mimics an IEC 711 measurement standard (Ken uses two separate BK ear simulators, we measured the same set of IEMs, and I built my calibration curve from shared data). I do not claim that this data is 100% accurate, but it is very consistent, and is as close as I can get to the IEC 711 standard on my budget.

Here is the compensated one:

The peaks 7-9 kHz are what gives it a lot of the clarity and detail (especially cymbals), but also give it some slight grain in the lower treble too.  My opinion hasn't changed over time though - still a wonderful sounding IEM.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,038 of 3,064
Another question to those A83 owners:

I dont find that much many good images for this, is the IEM quite big? Does it stick out that much? On some images it seems almost flat
Can you lay on side in bed for example with these in?

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #3,040 of 3,064
  I certainly wouldn't lay on my side with these. They're sort of big IMO.

Thank you :) Can you provide a picture viewing them from in front of your face? So I could see how far they stick out

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #3,041 of 3,064
For anyone interested.  I fixed the connection problem I had with the left side of my A83's.  They would cut out.  I replaced the cable and they no longer cut out.  I ended up getting the Penon balanced Fidue cable.

I'm still wanting better IEM's, but trying to find some that will sound great with just a DAP.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #3,042 of 3,064
  Thank you :) Can you provide a picture viewing them from in front of your face? So I could see how far they stick out

Sorry, don't own them any more (for the fit reasons). But @twister6's review of it has a great photo of it in his ear that shows you the size and how much it sticks out. The picture is all the way at the bottom:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/12096

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,043 of 3,064
  For anyone interested.  I fixed the connection problem I had with the left side of my A83's.  They would cut out.  I replaced the cable and they no longer cut out.  I ended up getting the Penon balanced Fidue cable.

I'm still wanting better IEM's, but trying to find some that will sound great with just a DAP.

Im currently also looking for new IEMs, and just got some oppinions from @Brooko, who knows very very much about IEMs. See here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/6345#post_13438588

here are even all the (for me) interesting IEMs in one FR Graph:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/6360#post_13438754+

maybe this helps :)
For me, it will be the Curves now

Sorry, don't own them any more (for the fit reasons). But @twister6's review of it has a great photo of it in his ear that shows you the size and how much it sticks out. The picture is all the way at the bottom:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews/12096

Thank you :)

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,044 of 3,064
I received my A83 a few days ago and still adjusting to it.

I was at first quite disappointed by the sound of it, especially the soudstage which i found to be very narrow with poor instrument separation, like it was all muffled, muddy, with bass being sluggish.

Burn in didn't change it at all (i'm not a burn in believer anyway, unless you talk about ear/brain tuning to new headphones) until i decided to get rid of my comply tips (i've been happy with comply tips on every of my IEMs for years so didn't bother to put the guilt on my beloved foams, i have large and deep ear canal so foam tips was until now the only option for me to get a good seal)

but gosh !!!

This is the fist IEM i've got which sound signature changes so much depending on the tips you use. Went for some spinfits i had lying around and it became a whole different story. Muddiness totally disappeared, the sound opened, the soundstage as well, it all became crystal clear, the bass reduced to a very satisfying level and speed. But the highs (i like treble happy IEMs) are a bit piercing, irritating.

So not totally satisfied with A83, still wondering if i'll keep them or not.

fully agree with your observations. Additionally, I find it incredibly difficult to find the right fit with the included cables. After replacing the cables, fit was not a problem.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3,045 of 3,064
Fidue A85 Virgo seems to be on it's way, guys. Anyone has their hands on it yet?

Virgo_790.jpg

Attachments

• Virgo_790.jpg
    Virgo_790.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back