FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,281 of 3,064

No, no, you see I've tried that, didn't work out for me so I came back here.

I want more Fidue sound and actually got some feedback from my sources.

Fidue won't say a word about any future products to my sources, they're remaining tight lipped.

I got one little piece of juicy information though nothing concrete and hardly worth forwarding.

Exactly.  I definitely don't think the DN2KJ is an upgrade.  Side grade at best.  Good IEM for sure, just not better than the A83.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #2,282 of 3,064
Exactly.  I definitely don't think the DN2KJ is an upgrade.  Side grade at best.  Good IEM for sure, just not better than the A83.

Agreed.

The only real upgrade for me was Tralucent 1Plus2, which I did buy though 1Plus2 didn't completely disable my A83 from a usage standpoint. 1Plus2 is an exceptional performer, but a little like a highly strung race horse or leaned out F1 car. You can only drive around the track so fast, so long before needing a pit stop for refreshments.

A83 is like a sports car, not the fastest of the pack though able to maintain a steady pace.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,283 of 3,064
Agreed.

The only real upgrade for me was Tralucent 1Plus2, which I did buy though 1Plus2 didn't completely disable my A83 from a usage standpoint. 1Plus2 is an exceptional performer, but a little like a highly strung race horse or leaned out F1 car. You can only drive around the track so fast, so long before needing a pit stop for refreshments.

A83 is like a sports car, not the fastest of the pack though able to maintain a steady pace.

Also, though I like the deeper insertion (and thus better isolation) of the 1Plus2 better, the larger shells mean the A83 is comfortable for longer periods of time as well. Not that it's the most comfortable either, far from it in my current collection, but I can have it in my ears longer without discomfort.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,284 of 3,064
Also, though I like the deeper insertion (and thus better isolation) of the 1Plus2 better, the larger shells mean the A83 is comfortable for longer periods of time as well. Not that it's the most comfortable either, far from it in my current collection, but I can have it in my ears longer without discomfort.

Different ear/canal shape I think.

My Tralucent shells hover outside basically centred from the circumference of my ears like they free float from the tip and ear guide support, and more comfortable than A83. One thing Fidue can work on, the nozzle size needs a few millimetres extending.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,285 of 3,064
Different ear/canal shape I think.

My Tralucent shells hover outside basically centred from the circumference of my ears like they free float from the tip and ear guide support, and more comfortable than A83. One thing Fidue can work on, the nozzle size needs a few millimetres extending.

Very likely. My ears are on the small side so there's naturally gonna be more discomfort from a larger IEM. I would like to see Fidue extend the nozzles a little bit, one of the few actual issues there are with the A83. The shell shape warrants the longer nozzle, but they didn't catch that in the design process.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #2,286 of 3,064
Very likely. My ears are on the small side so there's naturally gonna be more discomfort from a larger IEM. I would like to see Fidue extend the nozzles a little bit, one of the few actual issues there are with the A83. The shell shape warrants the longer nozzle, but they didn't catch that in the design process.

A83 midget nozzles. :wink:

And Fidue can lose the wonder women gold plated faceplates. At least A73 has silver faceplates.

Somrone at Fidue got dat funky bling my everything design going on. Makes me wonder what Fidue's company car looks like.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #2,287 of 3,064
A83 midget nozzles.
wink.gif

And Fidue can lose the wonder women gold plated faceplates. At least A73 has silver faceplates.

Somrone at Fidue got dat funky bling my everything design going on. Makes me wonder what Fidue's company car looks like.

I heard it's pink.

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #2,288 of 3,064
A83 midget nozzles.
wink.gif

Even Midgetguy don't like dem midget nozzles
tongue_smile.gif
. They're Chinese and for some reason, they really like champagne gold. I've never been a fan and I'm Chinese. Gunmetal and space gray or whatever people like to call it has always been more my style. The A73's silver is a little too bright for me, especially paired with that deep maroon or whatever the plastic color is.

I heard it's pink.

With gold-plated rims
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,289 of 3,064
tongue_smile.gif
. They're Chinese and for some reason, they really like champagne gold. I've never been a fan and I'm Chinese. Gunmetal and space gray or whatever people like to call it has always been more my style. The A73's silver is a little too bright for me, especially paired with that deep maroon or whatever the plastic color is.

With gold-plated rims
tongue.gif

Nice english. lol.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #2,290 of 3,064

Nice english. lol.

Well, Chinese, but grew up in America. English ain't hard when it's your main language haha. Seriously speaking though, I don't know why so many Chinese like the champagne gold color. I'm convinced even Apple only added that as an iPhone color specifically because of that market, but offers it worldwide because it likes to be as much of a global brand as possible and not limiting a color scheme to a single market can only be a good move. Dunu did the same thing with its flagships I believe. Didn't the DN2k have a champagne gold version too in addition to the silver one?

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2,291 of 3,064
I personally really like the champagne gold; it is one of the main things that attracted me to this earphone at first. To me it doesn't look gaudy or bling-blinglike, but rather it looks like a finely crafted and polished material.

Gahhhh! I switched to the linums again and am so torn between which to use for good. I am starting to think that the main reason why I heard more sibilance is that I compared the two on the same volume number but not technically the same volume level(linum's more sensitive).

I still can't confidently determine if cables really do change sound quality...

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #2,292 of 3,064
I personally really like the champagne gold; it is one of the main things that attracted me to this earphone at first. To me it doesn't look gaudy or bling-blinglike, but rather it looks like a finely crafted and polished material.

Gahhhh! I switched to the linums again and am so torn between which to use for good. I am starting to think that the main reason why I heard more sibilance is that I compared the two on the same volume number but not technically the same volume level(linum's more sensitive).

I still can't confidently determine if cables really do change sound quality...

I'm not much of the champagne gold kinda guy. I can tolerate it though. But I am just (very likely blindly) generalizing that quite a lot of Chinese like the color. They do like gold after all. I personally like the space gray one the best, though the standard aluminum is good too.

There are 3 possibilities. Both cables are silver-plated or silver and the volume difference could be due to lower resistance in one of them (you're addressing this one). Or there isn't much of a difference in the cables at all. Or you're not the kind of person to hear a difference in cables. I know I'm certainly not. If it's a minor difference, I probably won't hear it. It would have to pretty noticeably (and I know that's subjective) alter the sound sig for me to hear it. Bottom line though, if you enjoy the sound, stick with whichever cable is the most practical/ergonomic for you.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #2,294 of 3,064
  I'm not chinese and I really like champagne gold.

And it's your right to. Gold doesn't belong to the Chinese, but they are quite fond of it haha. Besides, the anodized finish helps a lot in my opinion. It would look very out of place to my eyes in shiny gold the way Final Audio does theirs. Part of why I never liked the physical design of Final Audio IEMs.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #2,295 of 3,064
tongue_smile.gif

With gold-plated rims
tongue.gif

So I guess when Fidue go to audio shows they rock up something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back