FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 17, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #2,267 of 3,064
Linum cable just came in 
etysmile.gif

This thing is much lighter and thinner than I could have ever imagined. They fit very nicely, and I no longer have to deal with the earguides.

As for sound, I'm not quite sure if I hear a huge difference. I do definitely notice that the earphones seem a tiny bit more sensitive, with a little bit more of an airy sound and a slight increase to soundstage. I had to turn down the volume a bit from normal to achieve the same sound from the stock cable, or this could just be me. I do think that the treble has changed a bit, there is more extension and possibly sibilance than before, but it seems to be a very minute difference.

Overall, very satisfied with my new cable. It's the Dual-Twist BaX cable I believe.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #2,268 of 3,064
Hmm... a day later of listening to the Linum BaX cable, and I decided to switch back to the stock for a little while. It seems that the linum cable really did make the treble a bit harsher, something that I really didn't quite like, and since I come from GR07's and bought these earphones mainly to escape that harshness. The ergonomics of the linum beat any cable any day, but I think for a little while longer I'll stick to stock.

The linum cable turned out to actually increase my appreciation for the stock cable MUCH more haha. I can appreciate build quality a lot more now; rather than gingerly and carefully handling the cable like it's a piece of spiderweb, I am a lot more confident handling the stock cable than I was before. After all, if that tiny linum cable can withstand 13 pounds of pull, I'm pretty sure the stock cable can handle quite a bit as well.

Man, I love the linums but I wish they sounded just a tiny bit less harsh. While I definitely am not completely done with it for now, I think I just love the stock sound a bit more. I think I'll have to save the linum for when I'm on the go and stuff. I didn't expect cables to make such a difference on sound.

On a side note, how many disconnects/connects can MMCX connectors go through? I know that you're supposed to clean them every few months to keep the connection clean, but I worry about how many times I can disconnect/connect before they stop connecting properly altogether.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,269 of 3,064
The treble response probably has to do with the silver plating of the linum cable. I keep reading that silver and silver-plated stuff usually exhibits more treble response, though I don't personally know because I don't have anything to test with :p

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,270 of 3,064
  The treble response probably has to do with the silver plating of the linum cable. I keep reading that silver and silver-plated stuff usually exhibits more treble response, though I don't personally know because I don't have anything to test with :p

This definitely seems to be the case, as the GR07CE's do have silver-plated cables as well. Hmm.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #2,271 of 3,064
Silver can lead to a brighter sound.  It can also lead to needing a bit less power to maintain the same volume you have with a non-silver cable.  

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,272 of 3,064
isn't the stock cable silver plated already?

I remember a post by twister that the Linum cable and the stock cable have very minimal difference..probably because they are both silver plated?

I'll try to find the post

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #2,275 of 3,064
And the sound signature of the A83 is a bit bright on the top end.  I happen to be one who likes the stock cable.  

I got a silver/copper cable from Ted for my TF10 and it really brightened it up (in a good way).  I got a Moon Audio Silver Dragon balanced for my Shure 846 (also works n the A83 )and it brightens them up a bit and increases volume as well.  

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #2,276 of 3,064
In earlier A83 days I had planned to upgrade the cable, though I find their performance completely satisfactory on stock. And for those who believe they can hear a difference in cables, I do detect the silver plated copper already so I've never felt it required in the end. Fidue saved me adding an aftermarket cable because theirs already performs like one imo. Plus, I really like the stock cables appearance, especially plugged into Shozy Alien. Just has total sex appeal, that audio gear turn on.
wink_face.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #2,278 of 3,064

No, no, you see I've tried that, didn't work out for me so I came back here.

I want more Fidue sound and actually got some feedback from my sources.

Fidue won't say a word about any future products to my sources, they're remaining tight lipped.

I got one little piece of juicy information though nothing concrete and hardly worth forwarding.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #2,279 of 3,064

No, no, you see I've tried that, didn't work out for me so I came back here.

I want more Fidue sound and actually got some feedback from my sources.

Fidue won't say a word about any future products to my sources, they're remaining tight lipped.

I got one little piece of juicy information though nothing concrete and hardly worth forwarding.

Out with it already! 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back