FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 14, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #2,236 of 3,064
These IEM is getting better. I still perform burn in process to A83, it reach 150 hours in total. (Everyday max 4 hours, my current playlist and a bit higher volume).

Sibilance reduced, tonality is not changed much but airy presentation might be increased or my ears fooling me :)

I'm relly happy with A83, but sometimes I think transparency can be better. May be it depends on my player. And I'm pretty sure these beauties are very sensitive to the recording quality.

Now I'm seeking better tips to my A83, currently I'm using sony Hybrids and I would like to have TF10 tips or Spiral Dots.

Do you have any suggestion about that? I need better clarity, better fit (if it is possible, deeper seal)

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #2,237 of 3,064
  These IEM is getting better. I still perform burn in process to A83, it reach 150 hours in total. (Everyday max 4 hours, my current playlist and a bit higher volume).

Sibilance reduced, tonality is not changed much but airy presentation might be increased or my ears fooling me :)

I'm relly happy with A83, but sometimes I think transparency can be better. May be it depends on my player. And I'm pretty sure these beauties are very sensitive to the recording quality.

Now I'm seeking better tips to my A83, currently I'm using sony Hybrids and I would like to have TF10 tips or Spiral Dots.

Do you have any suggestion about that? I need better clarity, better fit (if it is possible, deeper seal)

I'd say try Spiral Dots first, they give deeper fit than others. (find them on eBay)

Personally, I don't get the proper sound from hybrid tips with A83 (Brooko uses them). I prefer something with a wider bore. 

If you want the most clarity, air you should be looking at Heir tips I'm always raving about.

Keep in mind what I hear isn't forever what you hear, especially regarding tips.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,239 of 3,064
Fidue A83 are 11ohm impedance, this is quite low for an IEM and means they're easy to drive from average powered sources, even to a point your E11K isn't really required.

What's s more important is the output impedance of the source which can skew the frequency response if too high. But your sources are fine in this respect.

They should sound pretty good straight from your clip+. Maybe if funds and curiosity allows you could consider FiiO X1 or FiiO X3II, for a dedicated player. I'm using my A83 with FiiO X3II recently and quite enjoy it.

That's the beauty of the A83s in my book.  They really can be driven well out of damn near everything without an amp.  Some headphones, out of my Galaxy S6 only, need to be turned up almost all the way...whereas the A83s are about 3/4...leaves me quite a bit of headroom for poorly recorded music.  IEMs like the GR07BE are a little more difficult to drive in that regards, which is why I consider the A83s to be their almost direct upgrade from a sound point of view.  I just wish the A83s fit like the 07s.  Those to me are perfect.  :)

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,240 of 3,064

That's the beauty of the A83s in my book.  They really can be driven well out of damn near everything without an amp.  Some headphones, out of my Galaxy S6 only, need to be turned up almost all the way...whereas the A83s are about 3/4...leaves me quite a bit of headroom for poorly recorded music.  IEMs like the GR07BE are a little more difficult to drive in that regards, which is why I consider the A83s to be their almost direct upgrade from a sound point of view.  I just wish the A83s fit like the 07s.  Those to me are perfect.  :)

A73 fits a little more like GR07, at least with stock tips, more flush to my ear than A83.

I've read comments which suggest A83 is source picky, I don't personally find this the case. Unless the source has some skewed output impedance I find A83 synergizes really well with all my sources, no glaring warmth, emphasised treble or strange response. They either sound good, great or exceptional depending on source quality.

My only real critisim is they can be harsh sometimes, that aggressive nature notably in the upper mid-range, try and show off a little too much which comes across grainy. Using something warmer like X3II seems to make them a little more musical, smoother.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,242 of 3,064

I really really wish they made the A73 w/ a chin slider as I find it imperative w/ over the ear wear.  Also, they can scrap the microphone.  If they do those two things I'd already own them!

Not really into mics myself, though seems a selling feature these days. You could make a chin slider, really easy. 

What I really want is an upgrade from A83. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,243 of 3,064

Not really into mics myself, though seems a selling feature these days. You could make a chin slider, really easy. 

What I really want is an upgrade from A83. 
wink_face.gif

Haha...well yeah, upgrades are always nice.

That said, if the A73 really does fit more like the GR07s...then I might just give them a try.  Most of my listening is done from my iPad mini streaming music services at this time, so maybe a one button remote would work well for advancing tracks at least.  And yeah, a slider isn't that difficult to make, but it's just those two things combined that have prevented me from pulling the trigger.  It's good they have now shown up on Amazon w/ Prime service so returns are no problem if they don't work out.  Maybe next week...need to keep going with the A83 for now.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #2,244 of 3,064
I made a slider for my A83, as I have the older version.  Very easy to do.

I have two "better" iems than the Fidue, the 846 and the UERM, and neither is as much "fun."  Both really are better, but there's something about the Fidue that is just fun.  Great iem for the price.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #2,246 of 3,064
H20. Did you mean an upgrade from the A83, or an upgrade of the A83? Can you imagine....!

I reckon we can do both. :wink:.

While I have no idea what Fidue are up to, I know someone who might, I'll try and dig around the pipelines, see if anything is brewing in Fidue land.

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #2,249 of 3,064
MY A83 HAS RETURNED!! While Michael offered great service, I must say I'm quite disappointed in the service offered by Michael's distributor here. Not only did they take a ridiculously long time to get these to me (some will remember that I've been without my A83 for probably the better part of 3 months at least), but it's not even new stock! It's old stock! QC check in February, doesn't even have the chin slider! It does sound great though, but I'm yet again slightly concerned how these will hold as it seems the connections wiggle more than they should.

Edit: HOLY S**T, I've been without these for over 4 months. Extreme Audio (yeah, I outed them, I'm PISSED at their RMA service :mad:) seems to have taken this long just by pure laziness with no commitment to service. You can't say you were waiting for new stock to come in and send out old stock to me. That's NOT how service works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back