Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 29, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #527 of 1,164
Mellec sent me M11 long flange tips.
They said last one left too.

lol congrats, I guess they looked and found another pair. worth asking them anyway. may be they go look. cheers

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #529 of 1,164
Mellec sent me M11 long flange tips.
They said last one left too.

Hope you enjoy them much as I do :cool:

I doubt I would enjoy the A73 much as I do without them. Just my preference of sound.

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #530 of 1,164
Phewey .. I'm glad I already bought the A73 and happy with it.

Wouldn't like to be choosing between the two from your impressions or worse ending up with both.
The next iterations of these will be the ones to watch out for.

Lucky you. That's exactly the dilemma I'm facing right now. Maybe I should toss a coin to decide. Lol

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #531 of 1,164
Lucky you. That's exactly the dilemma I'm facing right now. Maybe I should toss a coin to decide. Lol

After having read the early reviews and impressions spread about I feel I ended up with the right iem for me.

Going by my taste of signature, the only thing I feel Trinty has over the A73 is build quality & fit.
As mentioned earlier in the thread I'm pretty much happy with the A73 sound signature and the only area I could wish to see improved is deeper bass with more texture.
Maybe A74.

For the Trinity, two of the filters are definitely not for me - high treble & deep V.
The third is described to be more neutral monitor like sound and the only one possibly useful to me. A neutral/linear sound that is not so warm in the Mids or as deep in the Lows.
I have a feeling this filter will have the Trinity sounding like the Tenore. Technically perfect as a balanced audiophile earphone but missing dynamics and fun factor that I crave.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #533 of 1,164
Thanks for saving me money by skipping on the Trinity. Love the A73.

Listened to the A83 last night and forgot how good those are too.
+1

There's a ton of technology and attention to detail in both the a73 and a83. They fit a schiit load of technology and sound in those little shells.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #534 of 1,164
+1

There's a ton of technology and attention to detail in both the a73 and a83. They fit a schiit load of technology and sound in those little shells.

+1

Thanks for your early impressions of Trinity.

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #535 of 1,164
the only area I could wish to see improved is deeper bass with more texture.
Maybe A74.

there is always only one thing isnt it?
i like a73 but it is thin sparkly sounding sound. so the meelec tips make them sound much better. and long flange makes it better to get a a better adjustment for most people.
i really cant decide between sony xba-a2 and a73, i prefer a73 for home use because outside noise kind of reduce quality of sound a lot. for outside i always take a2 its a more thicker bass not as sparkly in comparison but sparkly enough. i think a73 has more detail that sony xba-a2 but has more fuller bass, more upfront mids and more bass iem. i dont like to use a73 outside, detail isnt audible outside and it lacks that bass beat. i need to use them a bit then i make a video which is better. but i enjoy them both, they both have something amazing about them. but for detail at price of thin sounding a73 is better and has better detail. a2 has a more thicker fuller disco kind of sound. and xb90 is out of competition, it struggles even to bring the bass that was promised by marketing and headfi advices.

without meelec tips i would pick a2 but with meelec tips its more difficult. i like a73 with meelec tips.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #536 of 1,164
Ordered the A73 + x2 combo. I hope the X2 has enough power to drive them. Does anyone use their A73 with the x2? I want your impressions.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #537 of 1,164
Ordered the A73 + x2 combo. I hope the X2 has enough power to drive them. Does anyone use their A73 with the x2? I want your impressions.
It is probably too much power to make them sound their best.

My a73 sounds best with low power outputs.

They are very sensitive IEMs

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #538 of 1,164
Hi guys,
I am not new to Head-fi.I am an amateur musician and a huge audio enthusiast. Here is my review of Fidue A 73:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13667

The review is primarily an in depth comparison of A73 to GR 07BE, as I couldn't find any review comparing the two considering their price points.I ahve tried my best to describe the sounds.

When I came across A73's because of A83, I was very hesitant to give them a try, but I'm glad I did.

These are terrific just for the Price/Performance factor.Today, with lesser product life cycle and more releases, its tough to find gems like these and my endeavour has always been to unearth
such wonderful iems.You will definitely not be disappointed if you gave A 73s a try.
Fidue has become a serious player with these iems' that are great in sound and great for your purse.

Feel free to point out any mistakes.
Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #539 of 1,164
I can't wait for a Fidue A74 with less bass and more details, and I'll be hearing the PERFECT IEM. I like your comparison. Thanks Kar! At this moment, I'm enjoying the E80 a bit more than the A73, due to its better detail retrieval and more neutral bass, but I still don't forsake my A73, because it's smoother and fuller than the E80, and I have no use for any other IEMs in my arsenal (Titan 1, Doppio, GR07BE, TEAC ZE-1000, FX850, KZ ATE, and Soundsoul S-018). So yeah, I'm still searching for that perfect IEM at a reasonable price.

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #540 of 1,164

Thanks Angelofmercy!
Maybe what you re searching for is the endgame, just like me!
Can you describe the imaging/soundstage of E80 is in comparison  to A73? Assuming E80 is the one you like the most in the bunch of iems you have mentioned!
What genre of music do you listen to the most?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back