Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jul 31, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #541 of 1,164
The E80 has a great soundstage, which is slightly deeper than the A73, and maybe equal in width? It's slightly more 3D imaging is what hits the sweet spot for me. Instruments play better in that stereo back and forth with the SoundMagic E80, but I think it's because SoundMagic hot a home run with the tuning of these dynamics. A previous review from a headfi'er about another pair of IEMs sent me to try the same experiment. In Toto's classic song Africa, at around the 3-4 second mark, there's a very faint laugh by a band member, just barely audible. I then took every single IEM I have that I mentioned, and ran it through the laugh test, to see which one made that laugh the most audible and clear, and basically it was E80=FX850=ZA Doppio>Titan 1=ZE-100>A73 ect ect. The A73 as you can see, was a bit down the line, and detail wise was much fainter audibly than the E80. This really drove home for me the value of the E80, but still doesn't really ruin my A73 listening experience, because I still prefer the A73 to even the boomy FX850 or the sibilant Titan 1 and GR07BE.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #543 of 1,164
so you saying that soundmagic e80 for 75 euro is better than a73 ?

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #544 of 1,164
so you saying that soundmagic e80 for 75 euro is better than a73 ?

From a technical standpoint, it's clearer and more detailed, but that said, those who like all that upfront bass and thicker note presentation won't like the E80 as much, since it's very transparent and reference like.

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #545 of 1,164
E80 vs A73 vs Macaw GT100s? Quite confused here. 
biggrin.gif
 Please note that I like Ety-kind sound. I assume GT100s would suit better for my preferred sound signature. Any ideas? 

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #547 of 1,164
From a technical standpoint, it's clearer and more detailed, but that said, those who like all that upfront bass and thicker note presentation won't like the E80 as much, since it's very transparent and reference like.

Horses for courses ?

I think the detail retrieval of the A73 is masked a little by the presence of the bass. Im guessing it's a design decision and a compromise that I'm glad about.

Without the added warmth of the bass the sound signature becomes cold and too analytical for my liking.

Personally I prefer not to become too analytical about a quality of the sound such as detail and instead enjoy the resulting sound from the culmination of the individual qualities.

As a great man said -

" Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory. "

I compared Tenore & A73 using the mentioned Toto track.

I can possibly hear the laughter ever so slightly more clearer on the Tenore than A73*. But than the A73 conveys a better layered 3D centric positioning of the laughter sound whereas Tenore sounds 2D.

*Meelec tips.

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #548 of 1,164
Please dont compare tenore to a73, those arent that good. the mids are more upfront and vocals are more prominent but detail is not that good as a73, and its high frequency isnt extended and veiled. its a different kind of iem ie budget for those who dont want to spend more than 35 euro, also has more bass, but it could be because its very easy to get a seal on them. overall a73 is way better and more detailed.

Jul 31, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #549 of 1,164
Hi guys,
I am not new to Head-fi.I am an amateur musician and a huge audio enthusiast. Here is my review of Fidue A 73:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13667

Great style of writing.
I hear the A73 same as you and have design issue with nozzle as well.

"Qualities I look for in an IEM: Clean detailed treble, good sub bass, forward mids, isolation.
Overall tonality leaning towards warmth, but balanced and musical.
I am neither a bass head nor do I like analytical and cold signature."

*SNAP

I will keep an eye on your future reviews :popcorn:

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #551 of 1,164
Maybe I'm wrong, but the way you describe the sound sig, it quite reminds me of my yamaha eph100? Which is a good thing as I very much like my eph100 with its warm and smooth sound. :)

The treble is better extended, and the bass is not as "big", but yes, smooth and warm mids and ss overall.

Aug 1, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #552 of 1,164
I just got home and these were waiting for me as i was away for a week when they arrived...Listening with just the stock tips these sound great and feel pretty good considering they are my first pair of IEMs. Listening to a 24/96 AIFF file of Buckingham/Nicks LP rip via my AK120 sounds very impressive, very clear accurate Bass, vocals, acoustic/electric guitars all very well represented here :) 

Looking fwd to more listening, esp on the go as it's been too hot for my PM3's on the go..Thanks to all who contributed to reviews etc, was a good deal via CTC
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #553 of 1,164
I just got home and these were waiting for me as i was away for a week when they arrived...Listening with just the stock tips these sound great and feel pretty good considering they are my first pair of IEMs. Listening to a 24/96 AIFF file of Buckingham/Nicks LP rip via my AK120 sounds very impressive, very clear accurate Bass, vocals, acoustic/electric guitars all very well represented here :) 

Looking fwd to more listening, esp on the go as it's been too hot for my PM3's on the go..Thanks to all who contributed to reviews etc, was a good deal via CTC :cool:  

:) they are awesome indeed!

Aug 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #554 of 1,164
Maybe I'm wrong, but the way you describe the sound sig, it quite reminds me of my yamaha eph100? Which is a good thing as I very much like my eph100 with its warm and smooth sound. :)

From EPH100 fan, I described the A73 as what the EPH200 should have sounded like.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #555 of 1,164
Great style of writing.
I hear the A73 same as you and have design issue with nozzle as well.

"Qualities I look for in an IEM: Clean detailed treble, good sub bass, forward mids, isolation.
Overall tonality leaning towards warmth, but balanced and musical.
I am neither a bass head nor do I like analytical and cold signature."

*SNAP

I will keep an eye on your future reviews
popcorn.gif

From a technical standpoint, it's clearer and more detailed, but that said, those who like all that upfront bass and thicker note presentation won't like the E80 as much, since it's very transparent and reference like

hey angel, would it e a waste to own both then? i've been looking at the a73 as another option instead of getting gr07be, but my girlfriend has an e10 and I was thinking about the e80 as an upgrade "for her" :wink: 

i guess what i'm asking are these two competing for the same sound or are they different enough to have both? also like to have some to wear down and up so this set fits the bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back