Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #318 of 353
Are we talkin' a71's? If so, mine don't sound like an old radio!

Edit: no, you guys aren't talking a71 for sure. I retract my comment lol.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #319 of 353
Are we talkin' a71's? If so, mine don't sound like an old radio!

Edit: no, you guys aren't talking a71 for sure. I retract my comment lol.

A71s are not at all mid forward. LOL. Just saying in general. Mid forward like.. say.. the VModa M80.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #320 of 353
A71s are not at all mid forward. LOL. Just saying in general. Mid forward like.. say.. the VModa M80.

Yeah lol. I'm not sure I've heard anything that is really mid-forward actually.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #321 of 353
I'd call the A71 a mid-focussed IEM, although it is somewhat masked by the warmth of the bass.  If you're looking for a very mid-forward IEM, the SE535 LE comes to mind.

Another one would be the original Ostry KC06.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #322 of 353
I'm on the fence between these and the Ostry KC06A's. From what I've read I gather these have quite a bit more bass but the Ostry's have better mids and highs. Just concerned with these being too muddy but also with the KC06A's being too bright.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #323 of 353
  I'm on the fence between these and the Ostry KC06A's. From what I've read I gather these have quite a bit more bass but the Ostry's have better mids and highs. Just concerned with these being too muddy but also with the KC06A's being too bright.

I don't like bright phones.  To me, the KC06A's are not bright.  I wouldn't call them overly warm either.  They are perfect though for my tastes.  Have never heard the A71's so can't comment on them.  

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #324 of 353
The KC06A are great phones, punchy mid bass and good great subbass presence, vocals are clear and natural and the treble response is flat without any peaks and extremely well extended, more than any of my other phones. The decay is generally very fast and snappy. Sound-sig pretty neutral, a bit more on the bright side I feel but still without any hint of sibilance. Truly remarkable phones for the price.

The biggest downside of them is the 3d imaging though, which is a bit lacking for me. The sound is rather coming like a wall in front of you instead of surrounding you, but this doesn't affect my personal enjoyment significantly in any way.

edit: also below average isolation.

I don't have the Fidue, so I can't say much about them ;D

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #325 of 353

slowpickr and encoreAC speak the truth.

I like a fair amount of bass, and I don't like overly bright iems, and I think there is more chance of you finding the a71 bass to be too much versus you finding the kc06a's to be too bright. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd go for the kc06a's - very good sound for the price (and with more than adequate bass).

Edit: if your budget can go as high as $100 ($80 plus $20 shipping), you should consider the Zero Audio Douza's as well - you'd like them :)

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #327 of 353
$50 for a pair of A71's... awesome deal...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754755/selling-my-stuff-again

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #329 of 353
  yes selling mine....memory wire modded :wink:

Yeah, I noticed they were yours... along with everything else you own it appears!

Do you mean "memory wire removed"? If so, that's a good mod :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back