Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #556 of 683
To be fair, I fixed this issue before this thread exists. If you warned me in one of older threads year back, thank you. Otherwise, also thank you for reminding about the fixed case days back. I hope you'll enjoy Fidelizer 8. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #557 of 683
I would rather spend my time on improving Fidelizer Pro for them.
May I ask how do you determine audio improvements while developing the software? In other words, how do you identify the changes that has to be done to the system that leads to audio improvement and not degradation?
Also how do you verify that this change is indeed improvement, not degradation?

Euphonic distortion could be musically pleasing, but it's identified as distortion nonetheless.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #558 of 683
It seems to me that turning off background tasks wouldn't be degradation, but I can't picture how that would improve sound in most computers made in the past decade or so.

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #559 of 683
It makes me wonder if this guy really understands what he is doing....he should have know the implications to this right up front....

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is pretty common in the audiophile world. It's not uncommon for audiophile products to be designed and made by people whose knowledge/experience is mostly or entirely based on being an audiophile themselves. Typically they've spent considerable time/effort educating themselves well beyond the level of the average audiophile but even then, they often have some serious holes in their knowledge and/or are still subject to a belief in various audiophile myths. For this reason, a not inconsiderable number of audiophile products make no difference and perform no better than their far cheaper, mass produced counterparts and sometimes they perform significantly worse. This leaves you scratching your head, don't these designers know anything about product design/testing or even some of the fundamental basics of audio theory? The only question one is often left with is: Are they really that stupid/ignorant or do they know precisely that they've designed snake oil?

G

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #560 of 683
I suspect that the desire to correct problems that you haven't even proven *are* problems yet is primary mistake.

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #561 of 683
May I ask how do you determine audio improvements while developing the software? In other words, how do you identify the changes that has to be done to the system that leads to audio improvement and not degradation?
Also how do you verify that this change is indeed improvement, not degradation?

Euphonic distortion could be musically pleasing, but it's identified as distortion nonetheless.

By design concepts of how good bufferless design should apply for optimizations and listening skills from over 10 years of experience with a few ultra highend CD transports I own and listened to from (Esoteric/dCS/Emm Labs/CH Precision/Soulution/Spectral/etc.).

What I know so far is people are enjoying Fidelizer 8 they purchased without a single customer saying no changes detected. Naysayer can say whatever they want without trying Fidelizer. Only feedback from customers matters for me now. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 28, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #563 of 683
With pleasure. You can try FIdelizer and share your results here too. I've been arguing with people who never once run Fidelizer in their entire life for years. It's only few minutes and they didn't do it scaring they might perceive improvements.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #564 of 683
With pleasure. You can try FIdelizer and share your results here too. I've been arguing with people who never once run Fidelizer in their entire life for years so I don't want to waste my time with those people anymore.

Regards,
Keetakawee
Um, sorry, that probably won't happen anytime soon.
I'm not spending so much time in Windows recently and 80% of my playback habits lie in DAPs. Also need my PC 100% optimized for music production.
Alsoalso, I'm afraid I am on the other side of the pond with the objective folk, rather sure that it'll bring nothing measurable or perceptible.

Nevertheless I appreciate the time spent on your part answering questions in this thread, regardless of how exhausting or verifiable those might be.

So I'll just agree to disagree.
It might seem like a blasphemy to some, but I'm really satisfied with my current gear. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #565 of 683
That answers my question. Thanks!
Not mine though! :)

What I know so far is people are enjoying Fidelizer 8 they purchased without a single customer saying no changes detected. ... Only feedback from customers matters for me now.

Then why are you still posting here?
In this sub-forum (and this particular thread) we're not interested in whether or not your customer feedback indicates they realise they're using snake oil, we're only interested in whether or not Fidelizer is actually snake oil!

G

Mar 28, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #566 of 683
Not mine though! :)

Then why are you still posting here?
In this sub-forum (and this particular thread) we're not interested in whether or not your customer feedback indicates they realise they're using snake oil, we're only interested in whether or not Fidelizer is actually snake oil!

G

Good point. I shall take my leave now. I came back because I saw my clients posting about Fidelizer and.....we saw how they were treated here.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #568 of 683
I came back because I saw my clients posting about Fidelizer and.....we saw how they were treated here.

Our treatment may be brusque, but we don't open up people's computers to viruses!

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #569 of 683
I have downloaded this a few times on different Windows systems and hear "NO" discernable audible differences.

I am NOT a customer.

So my opinion must not be valid!

Oh Boy!

A.

Have you tried Fidelizer 8 yet?

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #570 of 683
Didn’t you already take your leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back