Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #541 of 683
I believe I've done enough favor for armchair scientists. 5-10 samples with over 3db average and 12db maximum is convincing enough for me. Unless Fidelizer Pro customers request it themselves, I would rather spend my time on improving Fidelizer Pro for them.

And since when did I say Fidelizer optimizations is all about shutting down or manipulating non-audio stuff? Consumer user level never touch that.

Regards,
Keetakawee

WindowsX,

As you are well aware, a year or two ago I used software intended to identify system configuration change to identify exactly what Fidelizer alters and exchanged some PMs with you as I didn’t believe it was appropriate to release that level of detail about your product publicly.

While I can’t speak to the current version, the version I tested most certainly did manipulate non audio services, primarily turning them off or altering thread priority. There was one major concern I had that I communicated to you that clearly was both non audio and put you personally at risk of being liable for damage done to the Fidelizer user’s PC

In the version I tested, Fidelizer was silently turning off antivirus and anti malware software as part of its “optimization”. Or to be more clear, without asking the user if it was acceptable or even informing the Fidelizer user, your software was turning off virus and malware protection, leaving the system wide open to attack.

Should I run this test again and publish the results? Does Fidelizer still compromise Windows security as it previously did?

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #542 of 683
Look. I understand the aspects of sound science forum and I tried to provide contribution in science aspects as much as I could. Right now I have over 50 mails to reply, news I've just published tonight and campaign to launch tomorrow with Fidelizer 8.1 update.

I really don't have time to continue the experiment and you can disagree with my experiment. But using abusive tone and belittle others who took effort to do something isn't what scientist should do. If you're really curious, you can continue the tests but I really can't do right now.

I would appreciate it if everyone here understand my circumstances and tone down sarcasm a bit. It's unpleasant and I already resolved all mentioned cases for over a year. You can safely use Fidelizer without affecting security features now. Thank you.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #543 of 683
In the version I tested, Fidelizer was silently turning off antivirus and anti malware software as part of its “optimization”. Or to be more clear, without asking the user if it was acceptable or even informing the Fidelizer user, your software was turning off virus and malware protection, leaving the system wide open to attack. Should I run this test again and publish the results? Does Fidelizer still compromise Windows security as it previously did?

Wow. I would say that any piece of software that does something like this is one to avoid. Was the correction publicly listed in your version notes? Because if it was silently corrected without acknowledging the problem, you are putting all of the people who are still using an old version at risk.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #545 of 683
Wow. I would say that any piece of software that does something like this is one to avoid. And a software developer who knew about this problem and was too busy to correct it or answer questions about whether it has been corrected yet is one to avoid too.

I already resolved all mentioned cases for over a year. You can safely use Fidelizer without affecting security features now.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #546 of 683
Have you notified the users of the older version? If you have a security flaw, you owe it to them to let them know that they need to upgrade.

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #547 of 683
Never use these stuffs because I don't own desktop rig. But I just wonder if Audiophile Optimizer (https://www.highend-audiopc.com/) has as same concept as Fidelizer or not.

If yes, I will wonder why a creator is brave to sell double price from Fidelizer Pro and no one makes a thread about that.

Any answers are welcomed.

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #548 of 683
Have you notified the users of the older version? If you have a security flaw, you owe it to them to let them know that they need to upgrade.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-security-disabler-released/

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fide...e-fixes-with-security-and-audio-improvements/

Of course I released patch and inform clients right after getting report. This issue was resolved for almost 3 years ago already so can we drop this?

Never use these stuffs because I don't own desktop rig. But I just wonder if Audiophile Optimizer (https://www.highend-audiopc.com/) has as same concept as Fidelizer or not.

If yes, I will wonder why a creator is brave to sell double price from Fidelizer Pro and no one makes a thread about that.

Any answers are welcomed.

They probably don't know about AudiophileOptimizer or can't try it without paying I guess.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #550 of 683
I no longer kept it. It's been so long after all. You can redo the tests yourself with your choice of music too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #551 of 683
Boy for an expert in this software stuff to even allow for the turning off of stuff without letting the end user know this is well..."stay away for me!"

It makes me wonder if this guy really understands what he is doing....he should have know the implications to this right up front....

a.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #552 of 683
Now we're arguing for the sake of arguing, aren't we? It's been 3 years after fixing this and you still want to talk about this history? I bet you'll keep saying this stuff 10 years later too if I'm still around lol.

To be fair, I disabled those security services as they're non-audio features and Fidelizer was designed for Extreme dedicated audio server (as the optmization level implied for Extremist). Now it's Purist. Got it?

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #553 of 683
It’s stunning you’re defending disabling security services, anti virus, and anti malware software without informing the user. Doing those will in no way improve audio, but a virus and malware ridden system will most likely degrade audio. Were you prepared to repair systems Fidelizer allowed to become malware ridden? I wonder how many users had that happen and had no idea why.

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #554 of 683
I did that when I first started developing Fidelizer as a geek who want best sounding possible. Everyone can make mistake and correct it, OK? How many years do you intend to repeat this again and again? It's been fixed for over 3 years already and no soul was harmed since then.

If you want to bash the long past Fidelizer, fine. Keep beating the dead horse until you're satisfied. Go on. :D

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #555 of 683
I did that when I first started developing Fidelizer as a geek who want best sounding possible. Everyone can make mistake and correct it, OK? How many years do you intend to repeat this again and again? It's been fixed for over 3 years already and no soul was harmed since then.

If you want to bash the long past Fidelizer, fine. Keep beating the dead horse until you're satisfied. Go on. :D

If I hadn’t warned you about your own liability exposure due to silently disabling system security features, I doubt anything would have changed.

Time for another deep dive into Fidelizer. I wonder what will turn up this time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back