Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #271 of 439
well I'm a at a total loss...

I had everything working the way it should be all day after I did the system restore from a clean image. I was able to watch and stream every video format that was at my disposal. And then...

I shut down my computer for the night

this morning after booting up my computer, the nightmare has returned and I am back to square 1. I don't think I will try again today, but will think about maybe loading a win 7 image at a later date and see if that improves things

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #272 of 439
  No need to thank, man. But report back if something worth mentioning happens, please.

I'd like to report that I can't install the audio fixed update ones. Tried sfc /scannow and restorehealth and stuff but none worked. I'll do clean install again sometimes later.

I am going to load the next preview build that was released today... see if that changes things, and if not, I will do a clean install from the latest official .iso

Update - Looks like there is a bug in AE that is causing my issue. Just finished updating to build 14905.1000 rs2 branch on the Windows Insider Preview and now it seems my problem is solved. in fact the first thing i was greeted with after the update finished installing was a pop up that asked if i was having audio problems and would i like to trouble shoot it. No need to because even with Fidelizer in Audiophile / audio renderer mode like before i can play videos from all my usual sources.

My guess is Microsoft knew something was broken in RS1 and has set out to fix it in RS2... thanks for all the advice and i will let you know if anything else crops up

Update #2 - after an evening of enjoying being able to have Fidelizer tune my listening experience, i shut down my computer. that turned out to be a bad idea. my morning boot revealed that my bliss was only temporary and the condition that plagued me earlier has returned, so I did the only thing left. reverted to a current build and then I uninstalled Fidelizer (temporarily). Time to do some more head scratching and experimentation

Looks like it's Windows 10 AE issue itself. I once get similar experience with full screen flickering after updating to Windows 10 and it was fixed in later updates.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #273 of 439

Looks like it's Windows 10 AE issue itself. I once get similar experience with full screen flickering after updating to Windows 10 and it was fixed in later updates.

I would agree. I am back to the 1511 branch (TH2) and I am not having any more issues. Anything I try on the 1607 branch (RS1 & 2) and video playback breaks. for now I have settings to defer feature updates and will stay one feature set behind. I am setting up a virtual machine tonight to try future builds.

will my copy of Fidelizer pro work in a virtual machine as long as it is installed on the authorized computer?

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #274 of 439
Is there any one here using Roon into a Devialet Expert amp with Fidelizer ?

I kind of doubt but thought it worth a shot.

I am trying to give Fidelizer a go but it doesn't find Roon or Devialet Air... anyone have any idea why and how to fix it ?

I am running roon on a powerful Windows 10 i7 laptop with plenty of RAM 

Thanks

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #275 of 439

I would agree. I am back to the 1511 branch (TH2) and I am not having any more issues. Anything I try on the 1607 branch (RS1 & 2) and video playback breaks. for now I have settings to defer feature updates and will stay one feature set behind. I am setting up a virtual machine tonight to try future builds.

will my copy of Fidelizer pro work in a virtual machine as long as it is installed on the authorized computer?

I'm not sure. I haven't tested it myself. You can try in VM and see if it also works on VM.

Is there any one here using Roon into a Devialet Expert amp with Fidelizer ?

I kind of doubt but thought it worth a shot.

I am trying to give Fidelizer a go but it doesn't find Roon or Devialet Air... anyone have any idea why and how to fix it ?

I am running roon on a powerful Windows 10 i7 laptop with plenty of RAM 

Thanks

I think Roon is worth investing for user experience as primary reason. You can get sound quality improvement from non-Roon solutions at lesser price. To fix Roon/Devialet Air, please try this tweak.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/unlocking-native-app-performance-by-disabling-uac-completely/

If Devialet Air doesn't work, try disabling its startup feature and set Devialet Air to run after Fidelizer optimizations.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #276 of 439

I'm not sure. I haven't tested it myself. You can try in VM and see if it also works on VM.

the pro license will not allow use on a VM. I have downloaded the free version to use in the virtual environment for now and  as more updates to Redstone occur I will be able to determine if upgrading will or wont break anything.

fyi the free version exhibits the same broken video playback as with the Pro version

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #277 of 439

the pro license will not allow use on a VM. I have downloaded the free version to use in the virtual environment for now and  as more updates to Redstone occur I will be able to determine if upgrading will or wont break anything.

fyi the free version exhibits the same broken video playback as with the Pro version

I see. Glad to hear you can still use free version for testing. If something breaks in free version as well, that's assuring to hear in its own way that additional optimizations in Pro version didn't cause that. Have you tried Consumer user level and see if it works fine? Win10AE may have some trouble with some devices. I normally use Consumer user level on work machine with Win10AE without video playback issue so far.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #278 of 439

I see. Glad to hear you can still use free version for testing. If something breaks in free version as well, that's assuring to hear in its own way that additional optimizations in Pro version didn't cause that. Have you tried Consumer user level and see if it works fine? Win10AE may have some trouble with some devices. I normally use Consumer user level on work machine with Win10AE without video playback issue so far.

Regards,
Keetakawee

right now the box I have the pro version on is working fine, because it is from the pre AE branch 1511 TH2​. the VM has Redstone 1 1607 with the free version and video playback is broken. I have an .iso of Redstone 2 1905 to try and will upgrade only on VM until the issue is resolved on Microsoft's end. I will start bombing the feedback on the insiders hub with error reports regarding broken video playback while using 3rd party apps

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #279 of 439

right now the box I have the pro version on is working fine, because it is from the pre AE branch 1511 TH2​. the VM has Redstone 1 1607 with the free version and video playback is broken. I have an .iso of Redstone 2 1905 to try and will upgrade only on VM until the issue is resolved on Microsoft's end. I will start bombing the feedback on the insiders hub with error reports regarding broken video playback while using 3rd party apps

I heard Win10AE has some driver issues at some point before releasing. They released the first attempt to fix it but I think not all will be fixed immediately.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #281 of 439
Hello WindowsX,

Is it possible to add a feature on a new release that permits real-time changing between the different user levels? Consumer sounds nice, but Audiophile adds that extra presentation feeling for me. Some folks (including me) don't have a full time dedicated computer for audio, but often want to use all the available resources.

I remember you said that the safest way to do this is to change the user lever and then reboot the system. Can we have a real-time change without rebooting? If you need a beta tester for that feature, count on me :) 

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #282 of 439
I agree with fgribas that this would be a handy feature for a future version :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #283 of 439
agreed, that would be the optimal solution.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #284 of 439

looks like its another waiting game for now.

Sounds about right. I'm also waiting for the next monthly update patch before reinstalling Windows 10 again. Hope it gets better soon.

Hello WindowsX,

Is it possible to add a feature on a new release that permits real-time changing between the different user levels? Consumer sounds nice, but Audiophile adds that extra presentation feeling for me. Some folks (including me) don't have a full time dedicated computer for audio, but often want to use all the available resources.

I remember you said that the safest way to do this is to change the user lever and then reboot the system. Can we have a real-time change without rebooting? If you need a beta tester for that feature, count on me :) 

I'm not really sure if that'd be a good idea. Trimmed down processes getting priority and affinity back won't be as smooth as running without being trimmed down at all. Also, current Audiophile won't slow down new running processes so it won't affect your main applications that much. I can use Photoshop without trouble on Audiophile because Photoshop will be run from explorer having all cores with normal priority.

You may need to check some startup apps like Steam that cause games running slow but Process Lasso should help you preserving its priority and affinity.

The nature of Fidelizer software wasn't designed to be run again and again. But I'll keep that in mind for future development.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #285 of 439
Greetings everyone. It’s me, Keetakawee, founder of Fidelizer Audio and  Fidelizer’s developer. Today is the 2nd anniversary since launching Fidelizer Upgrade Program and also my 30th birthday. Time sure flies.

Since 2 years ago, there’s a lot of challenges and opportunities happening here and I’d like to thank you for your continuous support. Allow me to sure you what happened during these two years.

Over 1500 licenses sold: There’s two licenses purchased every day since launch. You guys are awesome!

Over 200 feedback from customers: I’m really happy to read and share everyone’s feedback twice a week.

Zero negative feedback: This is the most amazing thing I’ve seen in audiophile industry. 100% satisfaction for two years now.

Highest number of licenses per customer is “7”: Followed by 4 licenses per person, and these are for his personal usage.

9 units of Fidelizer Nimitra sold: Counting from late June, there’ll be happy audiophile who got the best things about computer audio every week.

Wow…..just wow. I didn’t imagine such geeky software I wrote to show off Apple fanboy that OS X isn’t better could become something everyone can enjoy like this. Thank you everyone who’s been supporting me since the beginning, from the bottom of my heart.

fidelizer_nimitra_bw-1024x683.jpg

To celebrate my becoming of a sage, just kidding. To celebrate the 2nd anniversary event, I’d like to offer 15% for all new product purchases as below:

Fidelizer Plus: $39.95 —> $34.95 $5 off discount!
Fidelizer Pro: $69.95 —> $59.95 $10 off discount!
Fidelizer Nimitra: $1395 —> $1195 $200 off discount!

This offer lasts until 31st August 2016. Fidelizer Plus/Pro offer was actually from discount campaign for returning customer. If you purchase software before and buy again, I’ll refund $5-10 back after purchase.

Since there’s a lot celebrate for including my birthday, I’m offering this discount rate to all new products so free users can seize this opportunity to further improve sound quality to the next level. With zero negative feedback for two years, you can purchase with confident.

As for Fidelizer Nimitra, I’d like to tell you that everyone who listened to it got mind blowing experience in TAV 2016 show, customers or not. There’s no arguing for Nimitra to be the best device they’ve ever heard from computer audio. There’s no comparison for Fidelizer’s developer building a new device.

In the show, audience could still enjoy Nimitra after listening to $30k turntable source without trouble. Some customers told me Nimitra made his turntable sounds less enjoyable now. With 30-day money back guarantee, I’m sure Nimitra will stay in your listening room for years to come. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back