Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #226 of 439
Hello WindowsX,

I'm a long time reader of head-fi but this turns out to be my 1st post. What made me register on the forum was my last discovery on the impact that software & OS optimizations has on my listening experience. I admit I was skeptical at the beginning, but I'm really impressed to what both Fidelizer and Jplay can do the quality of the music I listen on my laptop.

My current setup is:

Dell laptop: i7+16GB
Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC
Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 IEM (90% time) and  Philips Fidelio L2 (10% time)

My source is 80% TIDAL Hifi and 20% foobar with FLAC 44/48/96

I'm using the free version of Fidelizer 7.3 and the trial version of JPlay 6.2

I've done some extensive tests with Fidelizer Free and JPlay, so I know what each one can do. And I must say that both are great on the results that I hear. I'm using them combined and it's unbelievable how they make TIDAL sounds. I'm interested in buying the full version of JPlay and also Fidelizer Pro.

I use my laptop to work and I'm travelling 90% of the time so I can't use a dedicated system. Therefore I can't use the Audiophile and Purist user levels. So my question is: Even using only the Consumer user level, will I have a real gain from Fidelizer Free to Pro?

Thanks

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #227 of 439
Hi,

So i want to try Fidelizer with roon but cant get it to happen. When Fidelizer asks for me to select a player and i enter Roon it says it cant be found. Fidelizer then goes off and does it's thing to my computer..... which results in "no audio services"

I can re boot and return evetything to normal now (unlike previously) so that part is ok.

Why won't Fidelizer Find Roon ?

Must be something basic i am doing wrong..

Thanks

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #228 of 439
  Hello WindowsX,

I'm a long time reader of head-fi but this turns out to be my 1st post. What made me register on the forum was my last discovery on the impact that software & OS optimizations has on my listening experience. I admit I was skeptical at the beginning, but I'm really impressed to what both Fidelizer and Jplay can do the quality of the music I listen on my laptop.

My current setup is:

Dell laptop: i7+16GB
Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC
Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 IEM (90% time) and  Philips Fidelio L2 (10% time)

My source is 80% TIDAL Hifi and 20% foobar with FLAC 44/48/96

I'm using the free version of Fidelizer 7.3 and the trial version of JPlay 6.2

I've done some extensive tests with Fidelizer Free and JPlay, so I know what each one can do. And I must say that both are great on the results that I hear. I'm using them combined and it's unbelievable how they make TIDAL sounds. I'm interested in buying the full version of JPlay and also Fidelizer Pro.

I use my laptop to work and I'm travelling 90% of the time so I can't use a dedicated system. Therefore I can't use the Audiophile and Purist user levels. So my question is: Even using only the Consumer user level, will I have a real gain from Fidelizer Free to Pro?

Thanks

A single software that can improve sound quality of whole Windows OS for every solutions sounds very skeptical. I totally agree with you if I'm not the developer of such product myself. It sounds too good to be true even for paid stuff. :D

About using Consumer user level, I can say with confidence that Fidelizer's core value lies in Consumer user level. Audiophile and Purist user levels are more like a bonus that can give you more but can be done through other means as well. But in Consumer user level, you can't find any other software that can provide what Fidelizer does.

So even if you use Consumer user level, you still get 100% of upgrades over free version in Consumer user level. I'm also using Fidelizer Pro at Consumer user level for work machine and laptop for better sound without trouble too. I gained 100% of benefits in Pro version from what  I'm currently using myself. So don't worry about missing out of improvements you'll pay for. You'll everything worthy of your purchase.

If you like how free version works, you will like upgraded version even more. Up until now Fidelizer has 100% customer's satisfaction feedback so far and we're approaching 1500 licenses right now. :)

Hi,

So i want to try Fidelizer with roon but cant get it to happen. When Fidelizer asks for me to select a player and i enter Roon it says it cant be found. Fidelizer then goes off and does it's thing to my computer..... which results in "no audio services"

I can re boot and return evetything to normal now (unlike previously) so that part is ok.

Why won't Fidelizer Find Roon ?

Must be something basic i am doing wrong..

Thanks

It could be that you selected Roon application is located in user's local appdata and so Administrator account won't see it (Fidelizer requires Administrator rights so it'll run from Administrator account from default environment). The solution is to either launch Roon manually without launching music player application feature or turn off UAC completely so Fidelizer can run without relying on Administrator account.

You can turn off UAC completely by following this guide below.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/unlocking-native-app-performance-by-disabling-uac-completely/

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #229 of 439
Thank you WindowsX. 

The license is host based, right? What if I change my computer?  I'm asking this because the computer I use belongs to the company I work for, and they can replace the laptop anytime. Is it possible to migrate the license to a new computer?

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #230 of 439
  Thank you WindowsX. 

The license is host based, right? What if I change my computer?  I'm asking this because the computer I use belongs to the company I work for, and they can replace the laptop anytime. Is it possible to migrate the license to a new computer?

According to terms and agreement, you can transfer the license for free once so you don't have to pay again if you change the audio PC to laptop in future. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #232 of 439
  Great, I'm sold :)

Just sent you the payment for Pro version.

I've sent you the software now. Feel free to share the result with us and happy listening. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #233 of 439
Wow, that was fast!

I'll do my tests and post the results later.

I will test 2 ways:

Tidal Hifi -> ASIO Bridge -> ASIO4All -> Audioquest DragonflyRed
Tidal Hifi -> ASIO Bridge -> JPLAY Driver -> Audioquest Dragonfly Red

Any recommendations? I don't know exatcly how to set ASIO Buffer Size on ASIO4ALL as I was testing almost exclusively with JPLAY ASIO Driver instead of ASIO4ALL.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #234 of 439
For TIDAL sound quality, I recommend

Roon > Tidal on Chrome > Tidal app

I believe you can configure ASIO4ALL buffer size with advanvced settings (click on bottom right button to enable advanced view).

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #235 of 439
I think I didn't make myself clear heheh. I was asking actually for a recommendation on ASIO Buffer Size. So far I prefer 112 Samples. I don't know why, just seems to sound better.

Well, Roon is not an option for me, I cannot afford the price. Tidal on Chrome better than Tidal App? Even using exclusive mode on App vs no exclusive mode (using Windows Mixer) on Chrome? That's strange for me. I've just made quick A/B and the app with exclusive mode sounds much better for me.

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #236 of 439
My apologies. I interpreted it as you have an issue about finding where to setup buffer size. As for 112 being optimal buffer size, some hardware devices  setup buffer size with the base of 108/112 so getting 112 is about the right amount for bufferless design. Some people set it to 128 or 256 for reliability with multiple devices.

As for Tidal app, I didn't notice about exclusive option when it was first released. Some customers told me they prefer playing from Chrome with better sound quality but I haven't checked with recent version due to some circumstances. Anyway, you can test, compare and findout which one works better with you. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #237 of 439
  My apologies. I interpreted it as you have an issue about finding where to setup buffer size. As for 112 being optimal buffer size, some hardware devices  setup buffer size with the base of 108/112 so getting 112 is about the right amount for bufferless design. Some people set it to 128 or 256 for reliability with multiple devices.

As for Tidal app, I didn't notice about exclusive option when it was first released. Some customers told me they prefer playing from Chrome with better sound quality but I haven't checked with recent version due to some circumstances. Anyway, you can test, compare and findout which one works better with you. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Great work on the software ! 

I like to see how it's looking better and better

Keep up the great work ! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #238 of 439

Great work on the software ! 

I like to see how it's looking better and better

Keep up the great work ! 
biggrin.gif

Thank you. Fidelizer sure has come a long way since version 6 (and much longer of love and hate before then :D)

I hope Fidelizer will be able to reach out to more audiophiles so they can enjoy the music better. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #239 of 439
Now if only there was a way for non rooted Android phones to receive some of your love...

Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back