Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #214 of 439

iobit uninstaller does not see it as installed? 

To my knowledge, fidelizer should not affect music play ability in this way. 

No uninstaller sees it.. i am tearing my hair out..

I agree with you.. i would not have expected anything like this to happen.. but it did and i can't seem to get any help.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #215 of 439

No uninstaller sees it.. i am tearing my hair out..

I agree with you.. i would not have expected anything like this to happen.. but it did and i can't seem to get any help.

IIRC, the free version doesn't install anything, thus no uninstall option, and a reboot is supposed to reset the system.  I know that doesn't solve your problem, but unless WindowsX changed something in 7.3, that's why you're not seeing anything to uninstall.  FWIW, I've run 7.3 Free on two or three PCs (Win 7 & Win 10), and had no problems after rebooting.

WindowsX usually monitors this thread, so hopefully he'll reply soon.  Try PMing him, if you haven't.  Good luck!

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #216 of 439
Correct, free version has to be applied on each boot...

To the poster with no sound, correct audio device set as default, and ticked to allow exclusive mode?

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #217 of 439
Sorry for late reply. I was busy all day recently. I can understand the logic that something breaks after trying this software so it must be this software's fault. However, free version of Fidelizer couldn't do such thing to damage system permanently. All changes caused by free version are the following as below

Consumer user level
-increase audio thread priority
-increase kernel clock resolution (NTTimerResolution)
-optimize MMCSS service on the fly without affecting system configuration permanently

Audiophile user level
-lower non-audio process priority
-isolate non-audio process to last core

Purist user level
-stop non-audio services (doesn't affect service configuration)

All these behaviors can't affect system permanently. Since he also reported me about runtime error, it was unlikely to happen with Fidelizer. I recommend you to post a screenshot with more detail about this runtime error and your information about audio software setup first so we can help you better. Using System Restore to go back to days before problem occurred is also another option to fix this problem.

By the way, if you're using HQPlayer by any chance at all, new version may use updated Visual C++ runtime that leads you to require installing new runtime before getting it working correctly.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #218 of 439
Hi again,

I have tried pm to developer but still don't have an answer to my question... which is How do i get it off my computer ?

I don't really care at this point about speculation and defence of Fidelizer. I don't care for the technical comments. I just want it gone.

I also don't care about any logic arguments.. All i know is.. no sound.

If i get rid of i and the problem goes away i will be happy and try again (since i will know how to remove it if the same thing happens).
If i get rid of it and i still have no sound then there are other issues and i will feel confident about Fidelizer when i have those sorted.

I know this makes sense... Please if anyone has a clue as to how... help me get Fidelizer off my computer.

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #219 of 439
As I told you before,

could you send me screenshot of runtime error with more detail so I can help analyzing your problem better?

There's nothing to be removed with Fidelizer free version as other users said in forum. So I need more data to analyze your problems better.

Also, you can use System Restore and restore to date before problem occurs or give me your Teamviewer's session so I can try to fix your issue from remote.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #220 of 439
As i just got through saying.. I am not interested in ANALYZING the problem.

Looks like system restore it is then.. which will be a major pita but if it does the job. Thanks

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #221 of 439
Well, I hope System Restore works fine for you.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #223 of 439
As i just got through saying.. I am not interested in ANALYZING the problem.

Looks like system restore it is then.. which will be a major pita but if it does the job. Thanks
i hope you feed back the results of your restore...

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #224 of 439
Yahoo,

Did a restore and now i have sound again..

All players are working properly.....

Now... to try to use Fidelizer again and see what happens..

I want it to work and be good with Roon... 

Thank you...

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #225 of 439
Glad to hear it turned out fine for you. Happy listening. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back