Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #181 of 439
Hi, WindowsX,

two questions please,

1. The fidelizer user guide (STEP 1) gives us some recommendations for foobar2000 settings. Can we also get same for JRiver MC please?

2. Will there be an option some day to switch on/off system optimization without doing a reboot of the computer every time? 

Greetings from Germany

GerMan  

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #182 of 439
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the Pro version, but with this being a gaming machine, how easy is it to (temporarily) disable the auto start?

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #183 of 439
Trigger pulled on Pro

Now to play the patience game - this could be a long 24hrs

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #185 of 439
  Version 7.3 Pro, Purist/Audio Player - like moving from the 5th row to the FRONT ROW !!!
Killer.

Thanks Windows X.

I'm glad to hear my theory is proven right. I guess I could have saved this for Fidelizer 8 but I'm not Apple fanboy to do that kind of development plan. :)

Hi, i found the specific settings for foobar really helpful but i have had to change to using musicbee (as it has a balance control) - are there any specific settings for musicbee to maximise the sound?

thanks

david

foobar2000 is suggested in user guide as the most popular audiophile's choice of freeware players. For configuring MusicBee, you can follow the principles I applied in foobar2000 for that. The rule is simple, avoid excessive overhead of buffering. :)

Hi, WindowsX,

two questions please,

1. The fidelizer user guide (STEP 1) gives us some recommendations for foobar2000 settings. Can we also get same for JRiver MC please?

2. Will there be an option some day to switch on/off system optimization without doing a reboot of the computer every time? 

Greetings from Germany

GerMan  

1) Of course. Set pre-buffering to lowest possible (1-2 seconds) and change output buffering to lowest possible while being stable (5-25ms)
2) I once considered that but it's more like overriding the changes rather than reverting so reboot is still the best choice for safety reasons. You can also stay with comfortable user level without the need of restart.

Trigger pulled on Pro

Now to play the patience game - this could be a long 24hrs

Congratulations. I hope you're having a happy listening time by now. I also found Fidelizer Pro improved my enjoyment with DotA games too. Never expect MONSTER KILL would sound this powerful. :D

Regards,
Windows X

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #186 of 439
Congratulations. I hope you're having a happy listening time by now. I also found Fidelizer Pro improved my enjoyment with DotA games too. Never expect MONSTER KILL would sound this powerful. :D

Regards,
Windows X
The improvement is well worth the price on the Pro version, definitely smoother, more coherent sound, can feel my way around the mix better - amazing that this can happen on a PC as powerful as mine (i7 5930k @ 4.1ghz, 32GB RAM, and HQPlayer rendering offloaded onto an Nvidia 980TI)...

Windows X Thank you for developing :) - A question for you that may help other people jump in and pay for the Pro version, that I couldn't see in the documentation - is there a minimum PC specification (hardware) that your software can help, or is it universal?

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #187 of 439
Is there any chance of trialling the pro version for a few days before purchasing? It's a bit too expensive for me to buy just to try to see if i notice a difference between free and pro version.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #188 of 439
Is there any chance of trialling the pro version for a few days before purchasing? It's a bit too expensive for me to buy just to try to see if i notice a difference between free and pro version.
I may be wrong here. however - the key that is generated by the free version - I feel is a setup guide / checksum for Windows X to add tweaks to the Pro version specific to your PC specs (there is note that you can upgrade elements of your PC once, but further upgrades will require a renewal of license) - which may limit this as a possibility...

The program itself, to add to the above, comes through like this:

...where it is bespoke to the user...

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #189 of 439
The improvement is well worth the price on the Pro version, definitely smoother, more coherent sound, can feel my way around the mix better - amazing that this can happen on a PC as powerful as mine (i7 5930k @ 4.1ghz, 32GB RAM, and HQPlayer rendering offloaded onto an Nvidia 980TI)...

@Windows X Thank you for developing
smily_headphones1.gif
- A question for you that may help other people jump in and pay for the Pro version, that I couldn't see in the documentation - is there a minimum PC specification (hardware) that your software can help, or is it universal?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

There's system requirements section in user guide but since Fidelizer works on all machines, I didn't put hardware specifications in there. There's hardware limitations for being a single PC license but it has nothing to do with Fidelizer's performance requirements.

There's no trial version of Fidelizer Pro as I believe in trust-based model. You can see the reason why from this FAQs page below.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/faqs/

Is there some kind of way to test it before buying it?​

While it is understandable that some customers prefer to evaluate test versions before purchasing, we decided to focus on improving product quality and services rather than limiting its features. We do not favour the idea of making trial versions with limited features as it would later become constraints in further improving the software.

The developer put great efforts into building good quality software for free. If you trust that the free version’s performance is something worth paying for, you won’t be disappointed in what Fidelizer Upgrade Program can offer you. Up until now, there isn’t a single customer who’s not satisfied with Fidelizer’s performance after upgrading. You can read reviews and what other customers say about Fidelizer and make up your mind later.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #190 of 439
I may be wrong here. however - the key that is generated by the free version - I feel is a setup guide / checksum for @Windows X to add tweaks to the Pro version specific to your PC specs (there is note that you can upgrade elements of your PC once, but further upgrades will require a renewal of license) - which may limit this as a possibility...

The program itself, to add to the above, comes through like this:

...where it is bespoke to the user...

Hardware key is for single PC license verification. You can read from the FAQs below why it needs to be single PC license.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/faqs/

Why Single PC License?​

Some people want to use Fidelizer on more than one PC and asked me about the Single PC license. Here are the reasons why:

1. Fidelizer supports all kinds of Windows platforms and machines running on all supported Windows editions.

2. Fidelizer also runs on an already long installed OS with all kinds of software and should be working fine.

3. If Fidelizer fails to work on one machine, a refund can be a simple solution.

4. The single PC license makes the price relatively cheaper than for multiple PC licenses.

5. Fidelizer needs to be flexible enough to support all kinds of needs without breaking things.

So, limiting support to one PC at time helps both the customers and the developer to maintain healthy support.

You can see user when it runs whether the product is working or not.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #191 of 439
Thanks for clarifying both points Windows X :)

Instant feedback / responses are what great customer service is based on - so, not only is your product great, so is your aftersales care.

I tip my hat to you :)

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #192 of 439
Thanks for clarifying both points @Windows X
smily_headphones1.gif

Instant feedback / responses are what great customer service is based on - so, not only is your product great, so is your aftersales care.

I tip my hat to you
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. I want to share my good creations and make sure that I provide services worthy of what customer pays for. I also updated User Guide about having no hardware requirements now. Happy listening. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #193 of 439
Thanks for clarifying both points @Windows X
smily_headphones1.gif

I tip my hat to you
smily_headphones1.gif

+1.  Big, big fan of Fidelizer and Windows X.  Really has upgraded the listening experience...nothing subtle about it on my rig.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #194 of 439
One instant thing I've noticed, that I couldn't work out how to do myself is curing latency issues:

Much improved, was previously 1-1.5k :)

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #195 of 439
DPC Latency improvements isn't guaranteed but I'm glad to hear Fidelizer helps DPC with your case. :)

Regards,
Windows X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back