Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #421 of 439
I'm glad to hear it works fine now with Audiophile mode. I don't understand why Smart Playlist requires Airport Express though.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Sorry for the confusion, I just meant that those features are why I'm not using a player like Foobar or JRiver. iTunes seems to be pretty poorly regarded on HeadFi, but because of some its features (Smart Playlists), my existing metadata (song ratings, date added, etc) that I use to create the Smart Playlists, and my use of Airport devices for streaming via AirPlay, at this point I am more or less stuck using iTunes. You had asked if I had configured Foobar according to the posted instructions.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #422 of 439
Sorry for the confusion, I just meant that those features are why I'm not using a player like Foobar or JRiver. iTunes seems to be pretty poorly regarded on HeadFi, but because of some its features (Smart Playlists), my existing metadata (song ratings, date added, etc) that I use to create the Smart Playlists, and my use of Airport devices for streaming via AirPlay, at this point I am more or less stuck using iTunes. You had asked if I had configured Foobar according to the posted instructions.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,99450.0.html

They developed Airplay for foobar while back. Not sure if it's working but you can try this.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #425 of 439
Warmest greetings. Trying out the free version before I buy right now. Set it to "Audiohile", connected to Foobar which is using WASAPI. I do hear a bit of crackling sometimes when I do things like open the windows menu. 

Anything I can do to help mitigate that? Any other recommendations beyond, "fire and forget"? 

Also, is there a way to make the software work with VLC as well (for movie watching)?

Lastly, I don't see anything in the task manager. Is that normal? 

Just making sure I'm giving it the evaluation it deserves so that I can make an informed decision.

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #426 of 439
  Warmest greetings. Trying out the free version before I buy right now. Set it to "Audiohile", connected to Foobar which is using WASAPI. I do hear a bit of crackling sometimes when I do things like open the windows menu. 

Anything I can do to help mitigate that? Any other recommendations beyond, "fire and forget"? 

Also, is there a way to make the software work with VLC as well (for movie watching)?

Just making sure I'm giving it the evaluation it deserves so that I can make an informed decision.

Thanks!

: Have you tried configuring foobar2000 according to Fidelizer's User Guide? Please close foobar2000 before using Fidelizer and and make sure you setup foobar2000 like I suggested.

: In Fidelizer Pro version, there's "Media Center" audio profile that will improve video quality as well.

: You can check in details tab for Fidelizer.exe process (or fidelizercore.exe for Fidelizer Pro)

Please let me know if you have any questions I can assist with and happy listening. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #427 of 439
Just so that I'm clear: this application doesn't install?

I can't find an install anywhere. Do we just run the setup again every time we restart? Or am I doing something wrong?

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #428 of 439
How to uninstall this application fully (free version)? I find it odd that there's no instructions I found how to do this. Feels wrong having to go to a forum to get instructions for this.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #430 of 439
That's correct. Fidelizer is utility that works immediately without lingering effects. You only need to restart computer to revert changes back. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #431 of 439
I bought Fidelizer Pro this week And I am very satisfied with it - huge soundstaging, deep bass,  very clear, detailed nad liquid sound. My HiFi setup is about 15000 USD and this cheap application helps to improve better sound,  thank you very much

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #432 of 439
  I bought Fidelizer Pro this week And I am very satisfied with it - huge soundstaging, deep bass,  very clear, detailed nad liquid sound. My HiFi setup is about 15000 USD and this cheap application helps to improve better sound,  thank you very much

I'm glad to hear Fidelizer works great on your system and happy listening. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #433 of 439
Happy Birthday, Keetakawee 
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #434 of 439
Nice story and I'm glad you overcame the skeptics. There was a time when I wanted to know all the tweak and os enhancements I could implement. But I knew where that was headed.
I'd have to keep track of every change I made and any new ones that became available. I'd have to keep up with driver and Windows updates, let alone new versions of Windows.
And I knew I would be no good at that. Way too much work,
That, and your constant updates, is the true value that I see in your software. I just click buttons. That's something I can keep track of.
Sort of. I sometimes forget which config I chose, lol

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #435 of 439
  Happy Birthday, Keetakawee 
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Thank you for the beer cheering on Fidelizer's 6th birthday.. :)

Nice story and I'm glad you overcame the skeptics. There was a time when I wanted to know all the tweak and os enhancements I could implement. But I knew where that was headed.
I'd have to keep track of every change I made and any new ones that became available. I'd have to keep up with driver and Windows updates, let alone new versions of Windows.
And I knew I would be no good at that. Way too much work,
That, and your constant updates, is the true value that I see in your software. I just click buttons. That's something I can keep track of.
Sort of. I sometimes forget which config I chose, lol

Thank you. That was a nice way to put it. With over 10 years of computer audio optimizations and keep tracking for changes and updates periodically, I'm glad to be able to put my knowledge to good uses like this. I'm also thinking about a method to remind customer's selected options for Pro's startup too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back