Fidelizer 2.0 - Introducing new UI with multi-core optimizations
Mar 13, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 188
WindowX

many thanks for your Fidelizer 1.1 it seems to work very well on my system, I would not be able to remove any unnecessary services myself without crashing the system.

I notice you have released newer version V1.4 at your site without telling us what are the upgrades if any.Can you advise us here?

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 188
The thing thats is annoying about your program wnidowsX that it keeps changing my homepage to your site. Even with the checkbox unchecked. Whenever It starts up it does it.

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 188
A changelog and more detailed information (no fancy descriptions, power-user details please) as to what exactly happens on the system would be good. Without that, I'll continue manually tweaking my system.

But I'll say it again, there should be a solid app for audio optimization, and yours could grow to be that.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 188
Some comments:
- For the description, don't use lengthy paragraphs. Use short and concise sentences with bullet format (like what I am doing). Otherwise it feels like I'm applying some adware craps. It's a psychological thing I know :D.
- Remember the state of default homepage option, thus do not enable it in the next windows session in case user choose to enable Fidelizer at startup.
- A taskbar and tray icons. I don't know why you choose to hide the taskbar icon which every Windows program typically has. Why so sneaky?
- Ability to remember and revert what Fidelizer did in session, so users can either quit the program or click on a button to reset their Windows settings to what were set normally without a restart. Thus they can actually do DBT.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #22 of 188
I can't imagine why any modern computer would need this.  Back in the old athlon days, (P2 thru P4 for IBMers) I could understand, I tweaked my services and optimized what I could, but now?  I have enough power to run, what?, 10, 20, 30 or more apps and not slow foobar down.  If you taken the time to isolate your power cables, your not getting any interference unless something is wrong or you've really gone cheap.

Still, fix the things you've been asked to, or don't.  It's really up to you, but you will get more bees with honey.  And who knows, betting against me has netted some really good gains at times.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #23 of 188

Quote:
I can't imagine why any modern computer would need this.  Back in the old athlon days, (P2 thru P4 for IBMers) I could understand, I tweaked my services and optimized what I could, but now?  I have enough power to run, what?, 10, 20, 30 or more apps and not slow foobar down.  If you taken the time to isolate your power cables, your not getting any interference unless something is wrong or you've really gone cheap.

Still, fix the things you've been asked to, or don't.  It's really up to you, but you will get more bees with honey.  And who knows, betting against me has netted some really good gains at times.

If you've used different audio interfaces on different machines, you would know that a more powerful computer won't necessarily run audio better than a weaker computer, and can in fact run things worse due to increased heat and noise from higher performing components, not to mention the whole parts synergy which can help or destroy the ability of a computer to have good audio performance. That's just a wrong logic.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #29 of 188
Hi,

The best sound I get so far includes the following:

1. Pure Player Version 1.1
2. Fidelizer Version 1.1
3. Set window 7 to no virtual memory, I use 2 core cpu running at 2.0Ghz
4. I have 2 G of memory no harm of having more memory.
5. Turn off Screen after 2-3 min helps.
6. I use a laptop, run on battery if necessary.
7. Remove all unnecessary background programs.
8. Disable all unnecessary ports e.g. Sound card(I am using ext. DAC), modem, etc

I get very low system latency, below 100ms most of the time averaging around 40-60ms, the cpu utilization is below 4% most of the time.

The sound is very clean and balance. Try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back