Fidelizer 2.0 - Introducing new UI with multi-core optimizations
Mar 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #61 of 188
Well, it cause permanent tweaks and can scare ordinary users off. My atom froze from unstable services which is resolved.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #64 of 188
I've just released Seven Transformation Pack 5.1 yesterday so I can start working on Fidelizer again. Still thinking how to emphasize updates in next build.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #66 of 188
PS so I take it for a music player on win7 to use the task priorities and clocks it has to use WASAPI as the output (Foobar, AIMP3 beta, etc)?

The other curious thing is: I'm pretty sure the polling interval for adaptive mode USB is a fixed one:
bInterval 0x1 (mili-seconds that is) (a couple of posts with it are from http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546092/confirming-whether-your-dac-is-asynchronous-as-claimed-or-not/15 )
I'm just curious whether adjusting the system clock resolution to 0.5ms really helps if the polling interval remains fixed.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #67 of 188
Have been using it for a while. Can you add a system start-up auto run function to the later version?

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #68 of 188
Have been using it for a while. Can you add a system start-up auto run function to the later version?

it does have that function now. But be careful there's a bug that'll currently reset all your browser's home pages, incl resetting the opera start mode to 1 home page instead of last session

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #69 of 188
I use the native ASIO drivers of my Auzentech X-meridian sound card in Win7 x64 SP1 with foobar and I can hear the differences. I don't know if it is due to the task priorities and clocks.
I have a hard time believing if windows is controlling the usb polling for the input of a device then it would be fixed. I've only heard of USB polling from cicsmemoryplayer's site as a tweak so I'm not familiar with it in relation to an adaptive mode USB device plugged in and controlled by windows.

Quote:
PS so I take it for a music player on win7 to use the task priorities and clocks it has to use WASAPI as the output (Foobar, AIMP3 beta, etc)?

The other curious thing is: I'm pretty sure the polling interval for adaptive mode USB is a fixed one:
bInterval 0x1 (mili-seconds that is) (a couple of posts with it are from http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546092/confirming-whether-your-dac-is-asynchronous-as-claimed-or-not/15 )
I'm just curious whether adjusting the system clock resolution to 0.5ms really helps if the polling interval remains fixed.

May 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #70 of 188
[size=medium]
Changes in version 1.5
-Features in State-of-art are merged into Audiophile
-Fixed saving configuration to save all options
-Improved system process optimizations stability
-Improved Windows XP and 64-bit compatibilities
-Restored stopping services feature in Extremist level

They're couple of changes so let me explain how it works again.

Fidelizer has 3 optimization levels. They're all for the same goal to sonic improvements. I'll leave them all to your judge whether they're subtle or big difference. At any rate, you should leave your ears with it for at least week if it doesn't hurt your computer. Some people need time to adapt to changes.

The first ones is 'Professional'. This will optimize system to the extend that it won't significantly affect overall system performance. You can work as usual while enjoying improved multimedia experiences.

The next ones is 'Audiophile'. This is quite dedicated ones for those who pursue higher fidelity. It will lower system/network performance so audio can gain more priority to access to resources at time. It will also lower most processes including system ones to lowest level so you need to close your audiophile player before using it.

The last ones is 'Extremist'. As the name say, this isn't risk-free feature to try. It will stop most bundled system services leaving only important ones for audio. Yes, it will stop network services and such too. You may not know but Windows Audio and DHCP share the same process in service host provider so disabling network can significantly improve sonic performance. I also add some options to keep network and user experiences (HID,Tablet,Themes) working for some applications.

For general use, you should stick with 'Professional' level but computer in today's market should be able to use 'Audiophile' without hassle about system/network performance. I use 'Audiophile' level on AMD Phenom X2 550 BE machine and ended up running fine for 24/7 usage.....ya it's old and cheap unlike i7 or Athlon II X6 but it still works.

Download: http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer

[/size]

May 5, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #71 of 188
[size=medium]
Changes in version 1.5
-Features in State-of-art are merged into Audiophile
-Fixed saving configuration to save all options
-Improved system process optimizations stability
-Improved Windows XP and 64-bit compatibilities
-Restored stopping services feature in Extremist level
[/size]

Thanks!
re:changelog - Have you also fixed the bugs where it messes up the existing sessions for some browsers? (there were two bugs, one with autostart setting the homepage by default, and the other setting the homepage breaking the existing session by changing the start-up type to a single page)

Pity you haven't removed the popping up pages after optimizing (haven't checked on startup though). Not everyone wants their browser to run on start-up :D

May 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #72 of 188
Well I decided to give it a try so being a nut I am I went out and bought another 160gb SSD for my main OS, and going to delegate the 80gb to experimentation.

If all fails I have another 80gb SSD for music storage and/or games :wink:

I will go the "Extremist route" as it will be on a separate SSD

May 6, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #73 of 188
When you have it set to start up at boot up, it will boot your default browser every time as first thing it does. We gonna have to go to the page sooner or later to check up on any updates if we dont come here.I gonna in up blocking the page on my browser as I pretty much comes here for updates. I dont need my browser to start up and show a big o HP ad that part of his page.

May 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #74 of 188
When you have it set to start up at boot up, it will boot your default browser every time as first thing it does. We gonna have to go to the page sooner or later to check up on any updates if we dont come here.I gonna in up blocking the page on my browser as I pretty much comes here for updates. I dont need my browser to start up and show a big o HP ad that part of his page.

told him the same thing, he's paranoid about people bundling his app with professional audio packages... An alternative is a splash screen, but it seems like it's hard to make one in installer silent mode.

by the way, it still sets the default browser modes to single page on so be careful not to accidentally lose your browser session (although it's an improvement that you can untick the start-up box and save it now :D )

May 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #75 of 188

Quote:
[size=medium]
The last ones is 'Extremist'. As the name say, this isn't risk-free feature to try. It will stop most bundled system services leaving only important ones for audio. Yes, it will stop network services and such too. You may not know but Windows Audio and DHCP share the same process in service host provider so disabling network can significantly improve sonic performance. I also add some options to keep network and user experiences (HID,Tablet,Themes) working for some applications.​
[/size]

Does the "extremist" setting cause permanent changes, or is it risky to try only because it may make the system unstable until a reboot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back