Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO, WASAPI, and VST plugins support!!!
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #61 of 69
You'll either need to allow exclusive control of your sound device you're trying to us with wasapi under sound properties or possibly another software is using it and has exclusive control of it.

EDIT: Also if you've moved your Sonar to different USB ports the drivers get reinstalled but Fidelify keeps all previously used drivers, plugged in or not. So there could be a 2nd driver listing on there that's the right Sonar.

Thank you so much! your first solution provided the fix, thanks for going to the effort of screenshot dumping it, it would have taken me a while to even think of checking those options.

Anybody know if ASIO or WASAPI is better? There's quite a bit of a difference in volume, ASIO seems much quieter by default compared to WASAPI/DirectSound. 

Which would you recommend for listening with? (with DAC/AMP)

EDIT: Just realised the ASIO is more likely the "true" audio as I cannot adjust volume at all via Windows or ASUS control panel I think it simply feeds it through 'as is' without any added amplification. With WASAPI I can adjust volume via control panel etc. - Apart from that I can't tell a huge deal apart.

With the above in mind, what's the best settings for ASIO? I've got it set out 32-bit, 1MS in ASIO control panel. With Fidelify settings at default: 512 buffer samples and 0.5 seconds stream buffer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Also you wouldn't happen to know how I can delete duplicate/false entries of the devices in the drop down menu of Fidelify? - I have only re-seated the Asus Xonar once or twice but into the same PCI port for OPAMP rolling.

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #63 of 69
  Which would you recommend for listening with? (with DAC/AMP)

EDIT: Just realised the ASIO is more likely the "true" audio as I cannot adjust volume at all via Windows or ASUS control panel I think it simply feeds it through 'as is' without any added amplification. With WASAPI I can adjust volume via control panel etc. - Apart from that I can't tell a huge deal apart.

I think WASAPI is known to be superior but I could be mistaken. Some devices do prefer ASIO over WASAPI but so far I've had no issues with WASAPI.

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #65 of 69
I have two problems with fidelify:

1)  I can only run it in safe mode.  If I do not it just hangs during start up.  

2)  The scrobbler seems to be incredibly delayed.  If I scrobble through spotify, a song is scrobbled successfully after ~10 seconds into a song.  However if I scrobble using fidelify, the song is not scrobbled for about 4-6 minutes, and sometimes does not seem to scrobble at all.  This is problematic for streaming, and means I will likely have to go back to using spotify.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #66 of 69
Hmm... seems that Fidelify can no longer load my playlist.
confused_face(1).gif

*edit: Reinstalled 0.9.6 revision by uninstalling and reinstalling + reboot and after some waiting magic (the loading logo on my playlist section) my music are back. I haven't ran Fidelify in maybe 2 months and have added substantial amounts of music to my playlists so it could've just been loading or it could've needed reload.

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #68 of 69
Anyone knows an alternative this program to get wasapi for free users too?

Pretty sure Spotify requires all unofficial clients to require premium (to make sure people don't bypass ads probably). You could try the web player in a browser which offers exclusive audio and see if that sounds better than the client (don't remember if web player allows 320kbps streaming or not). Google Chrome is an example of a browser that offers this feature, though I would recommend a Chromium derivative instead for many reasons, from debloating and lowering resource usage to potentially not constantly listening to your microphone like both Chrome and Chromium do. I use a Firefox derivative exclusively which doesn't have that yet, so I don't know how well this works and can't test it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back