Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO, WASAPI, and VST plugins support!!!
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #47 of 69
Its probably not working because the device is already in use by other programs. If so, there will be a red X shown in the ASIO control panel, like this:

The best thing to do is to set your default sound card in windows to something else, before starting ASIO playback. That way nothing will prevent ASIO from taking exclusive control of the DAC/sound card.

Oct 12, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #49 of 69
  sorry to bump this up but is there anyway to remove all the excessive devices on the list?

You could try to "Disable" them in the Windows Sound properties.

Oct 13, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #52 of 69
I doubt you want to uninstall audio devices from your computer just because they are listed in ASIO4ALL. Set it to your preferred output device and forget about it. It shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #53 of 69
I doubt you want to uninstall audio devices from your computer just because they are listed in ASIO4ALL. Set it to your preferred output device and forget about it. It shouldn't be a problem.

i'm using WASAPI - but just kinda weird why is every single audio device listed for no "good reason"

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #54 of 69
So I just got into Fidelify!

Few questions:

I am using a Creative Omni and for ASIO device it shows my soundcard. Should I install the ASIO4all driver? Since when I do that nothing comes out. WASAPI wise, I cant seem to get that or VST plugins to work. I can get sound using the ASIO device as my soundcard though

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #55 of 69
Seems to be no update to this since 11/14 and still no 1.0+.

Just curious before I try it, is anyone still using this...and is it only a handful of people?

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #56 of 69
  Seems to be no update to this since 11/14 and still no 1.0+.

Just curious before I try it, is anyone still using this...and is it only a handful of people?

I've just stepped over my snobbery and started using the native client with a DirectSound output. Fidelify is missing the features I need like Radio and I don't hear any difference in SQ, so...

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #57 of 69

I've just stepped over my snobbery and started using the native client with a DirectSound output. Fidelify is missing the features I need like Radio and I don't hear any difference in SQ, so...

Thanks...I figured this may be the case...

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #59 of 69
Hey everyone,

I've just started using Fidelify too, mainly because I will have a DAC/Amp arriving soon and so want to feed it the best source through Spotify - that's if I don't switch to a lossless streaming company.

At the moment I'm using a modded Asus Xonar DS sound-card fed to a pre-amp/intergrated amp.

Now with Fidelify I can go into settings and select the ASIO driver and choose my Asus Xonar soundcard as it comes with ASIO driver / capability and the audio is clear but quieter (not an issue when using the amp to crank the volume) - much clearer than the ASIO4ALL option so I uninstalled them.

However I wanted to experiment with WASAPI, when I select it with Fidelify I have a HUGE list of devices, in-fact it lists every single audio device possible; be it HDMI, AUX or microphone etc. So I would select the "Speakers" (Asus Xonar DS) option (which is listed 4 times - tried them all) and kept getting the following error message.

"Could not start WASAPI drivers!"

I'm new to this whole audiophile scene and setup so any help would be appreciated and I apologise if I'm being a huge amateur here.
I was under the impression  WASAPI came with Windows 7 x64 and that it would just work when selecting the audio device. Unless I have some how accidently disabled its process or service?

My setup is Xonar DS > headphone lead to RCA on Intregrated/pre-amp Cambridge Audio Azur540A > HD600 headphones. 

So when using Windows DirectSound it displays my audio device output as Speakers (Asus Xonar DS) - which is why I tried selected these options in the WASAPI drop down menu out of the 50+ other device options.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help/ideas regarding my issue.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #60 of 69
You'll either need to allow exclusive control of your sound device you're trying to us with wasapi under sound properties or possibly another software is using it and has exclusive control of it.

EDIT: Also if you've moved your Sonar to different USB ports the drivers get reinstalled but Fidelify keeps all previously used drivers, plugged in or not. So there could be a 2nd driver listing on there that's the right Sonar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back