Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #376 of 1,011
Can someone explain to me how the trigger functionality works on the Hypsos/OOR/Wandla?

If I am using the stack with a Ferrum Splitter, do I need any additional equipment to be able to power on all 3 devices from standby, by using the knob on the Hypsos?

Perhaps I am not even understanding what this is designed for...
Dthong’s solution above is one option. You can also have it in reverse:

-Hypsos: Trigger -> In
- Oor: left at XLR
- Wandla: Trigger Detection -> Out

In this case power on/off is controlled by the Wandla, which will trigger the Hypsos, and then automatically power on the Oor.

Purpose of this is what you are thinking, which is to turn everything on, all at once.

In either case, the only additional thing you would need is a 3.5 male to 3.5 male cable running from the Wandla to the Hypsos.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #381 of 1,011
No, and no current plans from Ferrum to acquire any Roon related certification.
What’s the point anyway? It’s not a streaming device

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #382 of 1,011
Hey guys, what filter should I use with 768 PGGB files?

Is there a NOS/bit perfect filter or something? I would feel that with the HQ filters I would be re-upscaling (well downscaling, considering they upsample to 384…)

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #383 of 1,011
I have the Oor and Wandla powering up from the Hypsos knob. A solid push will turn it on or off.
- Hypsos: Trigger -> Out
- Oor: left at XLR
- Wandla: Trigger Detection -> In; PowerUp Mode-> Working (with 1.2 firmware)

I have a 3.5mm cable from the Hypsos to the Wandla trigger ports.
Do you use a standard 3-pin 3.5mm cable? Wojtek told me that I would need a 4-pin one, but with the firmware update, that point would be moot anyway…

Nov 28, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #386 of 1,011
I'll need to double check and get back to you. Analog vol control won't affect things. But digital volume control might. depends if the oversampling is done before or after the digital attenuation
Hi @GoldenOne did you get a chance to test this?

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #387 of 1,011
What is that....DAC? Did they kill the ERCO?

Looks interesting. Only thing that makes me allergic is USB-C, working in IT, this port is the worst thing I have experience with. Also how many highend cable producers make USB-C?

Well, Im for sure interested, thinking of a scenario with Pink Faun i2s bridge into this, instead of the usb-c.

I am awaiting for Ferrum to release and AIO, DAC/AMP, wishful thinking.

Chord Hugo TT2 also looks better on the paper, but is leaving my setup because AGD is miles ahead for me in emotion/engagement and time....."but numbers matters....."
what is AGD? did you end up replacing the TT2 with the Wandla, and do you regret it?!

Nov 29, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #390 of 1,011
Very interested in the above! I bought the Ferrum Wandla + Oor but have the opportunity to put roughly an equivalent amount of money on a Hugo TT2. Any thoughts are welcome!
I have had those setup at different times.

The amp section of the TT2 is not comparable to the oor both in terms of power and of separation/detail.

The amp side is debatable, but what’s for sure is that the chord sounds more clinical vs the more natural, organic sound of the Wandla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back