Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #362 of 1,011
I did that. Pulled out the plug. Still nothing. I emailed Ferrum too. Will wait and see.
Any info from Ferrum? I'm about to place an order for Wandla and this is making me a little nervous.

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #363 of 1,011
Any info from Ferrum? I'm about to place an order for Wandla and this is making me a little nervous.
I have been emailing Ferrum directly since yesterday and they have been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue. The fact that they were replying to me even late into the night in Poland is impressive. Their US distributer also emailed me. So I will try to update it myself again today. If nothing works I might have to send it to their US distributor. The general feeling I have is that Ferrum got my back. I believe my experience is not the norm. I believe you can order your WANDLA and not worry

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #364 of 1,011
I have been emailing Ferrum directly since yesterday and they have been very helpful in trying to resolve the issue. The fact that they were replying to me even late into the night in Poland is impressive. Their US distributer also emailed me. So I will try to update it myself again today. If nothing works I might have to send it to their US distributor. The general feeling I have is that Ferrum got my back. I believe my experience is not the norm. I believe you can order your WANDLA and not worry
Thanks for info. Keep us posted.

Nov 9, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #366 of 1,011
Ok. I got good news. I finally updated my WANDLA! It took me close to 2 hour’s sitting in front of my laptop clicking and clicking each time it failed. Funny thing is it worked while I stepped out to make another cup of coffee. I walked back and saw my laptop in standby mode. Tried to click again and the message came up stating firmware is up to date. I touched the WANDLA screen and it came up! Checked the firmware version and its now 1.2! It sure was one hell of an update lol

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #368 of 1,011
Funny thing is it worked while I stepped out to make another cup of coffee.
There's a saying that "A watched pot never boils..."
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm sure you are much relieved. Situations like that can be stressful.
I'm glad that it ended up working out for you, and that Ferrum and the distributor were there ready to assist.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #369 of 1,011
There's a saying that "A watched pot never boils..."
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm sure you are much relieved. Situations like that can be stressful.
I'm glad that it ended up working out for you, and that Ferrum and the distributor were there ready to assist.
OMG i never heard that before but its kinda true hahaha. Yes they are very supportive. In fact Tony K from audio 46 texted me earlier to check on me. I was surprised he already knew my issue’s been resolved. Apparently Ferrum emailed them and the distributor. So they have good communication. Very very impressive company. Won’t think twice about buying Ferrum products

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #371 of 1,011
Just wondering if any of you good folks with a Wandla use the preamp functionality. Lots of info on it's DAC abilities but not so much on its performance as a preamp. Thanks!
I’m interested in this as well. I tested it solely with preamp and considering buying it. However no idea how good it is compared to being a regular dac

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #373 of 1,011
Really depends the power amp ... My power amps are Jadis JA30 (mono block) ... it sounds perfectly with Wandla as a pre amp ...
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would expect that the results will vary depending on the power amp. Glad to hear you get good results with your JA30s. One of my concerns is that the voltage output from the Wandla will be too hot for some amps. I realise it can be reduced but this could negatively impact the sound quality if a lot of attenuation is applied. Hopefully some other folks will report on their experience with other amps. For what it's worth, I'm considering partnering a Wandla with a NAD M23.

Nov 10, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #374 of 1,011
Can someone explain to me how the trigger functionality works on the Hypsos/OOR/Wandla?

If I am using the stack with a Ferrum Splitter, do I need any additional equipment to be able to power on all 3 devices from standby, by using the knob on the Hypsos?

Perhaps I am not even understanding what this is designed for...

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #375 of 1,011
Can someone explain to me how the trigger functionality works on the Hypsos/OOR/Wandla?

If I am using the stack with a Ferrum Splitter, do I need any additional equipment to be able to power on all 3 devices from standby, by using the knob on the Hypsos?

Perhaps I am not even understanding what this is designed for...

I have the Oor and Wandla powering up from the Hypsos knob. A solid push will turn it on or off.
- Hypsos: Trigger -> Out
- Oor: left at XLR
- Wandla: Trigger Detection -> In; PowerUp Mode-> Working (with 1.2 firmware)

I have a 3.5mm cable from the Hypsos to the Wandla trigger ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back