Feliks Audio tube amps
Aug 25, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #767 of 1,113
Mordy, yes they are but these ones are in aluminium. If you like aluminium look it's fine but I prefer Shedua wood. :)

I was a bit sceptical about Adorama but it's stated that there's 3 years Audeze warranty so I guess ok... :)

Another pic of my beautiful sounding LCD-2f. Sounds so good on Yggy and Rggy or Yggy and Euforia. I really want to know if the ZMF Eikon and Atticus is better sounding than the LCD-2f. Can't wait to hear the ZMF headphones.

Hi UT,

Adorama is a very reputable business and have been around for many years. Don't know how they come up with such amazing deals from time to time - maybe they can promise the manufacturer a large volume.
Just think of it - there are only less than 200 owners of the Elise and the Euforia whereas the latest Massdrop of the HD650 had well over 20,000 takers (in addition to the 5000 a year ago or so)..
My T1 headphones has a serial number in the 11000 range, so there is definitively a huge market for headphones.

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #768 of 1,113
Hi UT,

Adorama is a very reputable business and have been around for many years. Don't know how they come up with such amazing deals from time to time - maybe they can promise the manufacturer a large volume.
Just think of it - there are only less than 200 owners of the Elise and the Euforia whereas the latest Massdrop of the HD650 had well over 20,000 takers (in addition to the 5000 a year ago or so)..
My T1 headphones has a serial number in the 11000 range, so there is definitively a huge market for headphones.

Hello Mordy, sorry for the lateness in response because I've a ton of pm to respond to. :) However you will have my attention any time of the day, mate. :)

Someone on the LCD2 thread said that his dad went to US and bought him a LCD2 from Adorama and brought it back to Bangladesh. One of the channel is now dead and he has no way of getting it fixed. In the end, he has to send it back to Audeze for repair, at a cost of $110 shipping - ouch !

Now I'm not saying anything bought from Adorama is bad. It's probably just one unfortunate incident. As you are in US, any warranty claims will be much easier.

Headphones will definitely sell more than amps. Most of us will buy one dac, one amp but many headphones. :)

Wait for it... just as I am enjoying my LCD-2f, someone is trying to entice me with LCD-4. That's about 4 times the price. I was also ask to consider Utopia ($5500), Abyss ($6999), LCD-4 ($5799), HiFiMan HE1000V2 ($3499), HiFiMan Susvara ($7499). All in aussie dollars of course.

Until I learn how to print money, these headphones will remain in the shop.

Right now, I'm going to use the $5 V-Monk Plus earbud on my Yggdrasil and Ragnarok setup. Wish me luck that it won't blow up. :)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #769 of 1,113
Here it is. V-Monk Plus on Ragnarok and sounding like a blood diamond. I am really impressed with Rag now. It will play top of the range CIEM like these found here... https://www.minidisc.com.au/head-ph...AW75XgxP8LjfSygFg-SHVvIAIb74MW970lRoChT_w_wcB

However for now, the monks are singing and dancing like pros. So good. There are 3 gains settings on Ragnarok. Gain one for IEM, gain 2 for full size headphones and gain 3 for speakers. For headphones, Rag operates in class A mode whilst in speaker mode, it operates in class AB.

20170826_083109.jpg

Aug 25, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #770 of 1,113
However, the truth is V-Monk plus sounds very limited in it's tonal range, especially when you're used to HD800 and LCD-2f. So it's not the same experience and I don't ever expect it to be. :)

Aug 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #771 of 1,113
Just sat through listening to 'War of the Worlds' on this setup comprising Yggdrasil > Euforia > HD800. Yes HD800. Time to put LCD-2f aside for a bit.

This sounds exquisite. Expansive soundstage, startling clarity and realism. Justin Hayward never sounded so good. I really think that Euforia and HD800 has great synergy. I'll try my other tubes later. Most of all, HD800 feels very good on my head. Feels very comfortable after wearing LCD-2f for several days.

Ha ha....yeah, i have had my planars on for about 10 days now and my neck is starting to get a little sore, LOL!

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #772 of 1,113
Ha ha....yeah, i have had my planars on for about 10 days now and my neck is starting to get a little sore, LOL!

I'm back to using the LCD-2f and training my neck muscles. For the voluptuous tone of the planar magnetics, I'm willing to bare a bit of pain. Besides I think the clamp will loosen up over time. :)

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #773 of 1,113
@oshipao I just bought a Rega RP8 with Apheta MC cartridge. Even got an Avid Pellar MM/MC phono stage preamp. Omg, the sound from this turntable is simply awesome. I think my Yggdrasil may become redundant now. :)

20170826_175958.jpg

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #775 of 1,113
UT, you seem to be on a spending spree! Now u need a record cleaning machine as well. Have to agree - the Regas do PRAT really well!

Ross, sell all your digital source and get this all singing and dancing Rega RP8 with Apheta cartridge and Avid Pellar phono. This package sizzles. Now listening on vinyl and Euforia with LCD-2f. What am I going to do with Yggdrasil now?

20170826_224553.jpg

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #776 of 1,113
You wouldn't believe how cheap I got this. $2400 and it's like new. The cartridge new alone is $1700. The new price at Addicted To Audio, including the cartridge is $5799. I had to fight against 10 other buyers to get this. Basically I convince the seller that I'm a true vinyl lover and that his turntable will be in good hands. :yum:

This is with the shell and cover removed or what is called the skeletal outfit.

20170826_221137.jpg

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #777 of 1,113
@oshipao I just bought a Rega RP8 with Apheta MC cartridge. Even got an Avid Pellar MM/MC phono stage preamp. Omg, the sound from this turntable is simply awesome. I think my Yggdrasil may become redundant now. :)

UT!

That looks astonishing! Bet it sounds like a slice of heaven too :L3000:
You have a lot of fun in front of you now :beyersmile: Enjoy friend!

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #779 of 1,113
Oshipao, my vinyl friend !!! This is too good. Better than any dacs. :ksc75smile:

The best recording I own who really showcases what vinyl is all about is Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat https://www.discogs.com/Jennifer-Warnes-Famous-Blue-Raincoat/release/7550126

Another good one would be Aaron Nevilles - Warm Your Heart

Try to get hold of one of these or the original (scarce) and you won't be dissatisfied. It has everything you could wish for, if you like the music that is :L3000:

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #780 of 1,113
I have the CD version of Famous Blue Raincoat. It's a high fidelity recording so it's quite expensive. Would love the vinyl version. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll be selective of what I get. Listening to classical now and it's a new experience. Didn't know the RP8 with Apheta is so good. I paid quite a lot for the Avid phono too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back