Feliks Audio tube amps
Aug 28, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #797 of 1,113
that's only 2 weeks. Some of ours were stuck for around 3 weeks. I wouldn't give up until around 6-8 weeks, or at least look for an alternative amp.
6 to 8 weeks! Lmao. I'll see what I can do. Lol. I did pick up a temp amp for the time being.

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #798 of 1,113
Hi UT, so you have the Hugo TT now and like it better than the Yggy? And you already visited one of those Earphone Shops in Japan before?
The prices on all headphones / earphones I've seen look EXCEPTIONAL in Japan, such as the T1 for only about $600 or so (fuzzy memory, don't quote me on that), and one of the earphones I got was around 1/2 of what it was being sold online... well these were at the Fujiya Avic store which was also duty-free for foreigners and I am still soon on the way to the Earphone Shop Osaka.

PS- @Liu Junyuan check out my above post, you may like this too. And maybe @Currawong would like to chime in...

Lol DL aren't you confusing things? I said Rega RP8 turntable with Apheta moving coil cartridge and Avid Pellar phono stage.

I did not say Hugo TT nor do I have it.

I have not heard any dac better than Yggdrasil.... yet. However my newly purchased turntable with LPs sounds better than Yggy... in my opinion. Yggy is really good but this vinyl rig is something else. Google it.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #799 of 1,113
Aug 31, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #800 of 1,113
I'm starting to miss my Euforia in storage in the states, I do recall an unmatched soundstage, realism and dynamics compared to any other amp I've owned. In the meantime I've modded a budget compact closed headphone called Neu HX6000 I found here in Japan with nice results, and am waiting on my Focal Spirit Classic, which was to me the best closed headphone I tried out of at least 150 closed headphones at the Osaka Earphone Shop (not counting the open headphones I tried, some of which are technically superior).

I've been wondering where is @hypnos1 - have you already reached an end game? And @HOWIE13 too?

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #805 of 1,113
upload_2017-9-1_14-2-42.jpeg

upload_2017-9-1_14-3-26.jpeg

And here is a 78 from 1928 masterfully re-pressed from the original stamper - glorious sound!

And just for fun, a jazz tune in the style of 1924 played by an orchestra from Prague:

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #806 of 1,113
Very nice and catchy pictures Mordy. :ksc75smile: I live and breathe vinyl now. Get a good rig and it's the most analogue, organic, natural and live sound you will ever hear. I should have got started on records right from the beginning.

This is a video of how Rega and in particular, RP8 is made.

.... and I buy my records from amazon.co.uk now. Much cheaper.

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #807 of 1,113
My ZMF Eikon and Atticus have shipped, so I am looking forward to it with anticipation. Zach has been a joy to deal with. Friendly, courteous and a master craftsman in headphone tuning.

Secondly, I'll be going along to this meet on Sunday. I will get a chance to hear both the active and passive KEF LS50, the latter being driven by the new AudioGd Master 10 integrated amp. The Master 10 is a monster. I like to see how it sounds compared to my Ragnarok.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...sunday-10th-september-2017-kef-ls50-wireless/

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #808 of 1,113
Lastly if you hadn't noticed, Euforia has been noticed from 'that' other forum. Initial impression from gbeast is very positive but we do know that all along right? :wink::yum:

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #809 of 1,113
My ZMF Eikon and Atticus have shipped, so I am looking forward to it with anticipation. Zach has been a joy to deal with. Friendly, courteous and a master craftsman in headphone tuning.

Secondly, I'll be going along to this meet on Sunday. I will get a chance to hear both the active and passive KEF LS50, the latter being driven by the new AudioGd Master 10 integrated amp. The Master 10 is a monster. I like to see how it sounds compared to my Ragnarok.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...sunday-10th-september-2017-kef-ls50-wireless/

I will be waiting to hear which ZMF headphone has the most weight in the bass.
The build quality of Zach's headphones are impeccable.

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #810 of 1,113
I will be waiting to hear which ZMF headphone has the most weight in the bass.
The build quality of Zach's headphones are impeccable.

I think both headphones have bass weight but the question is whether it's higher up or lower down. :ksc75smile:

You will get the low down of it from me.... along with my LCD-2f, which I am very familiar now. I will be evaluating it with Richard Strauss and Mahler pieces, along with some quality bass stuff from classical rock and blues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back