Feliks Audio tube amps
Oct 9, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,039 of 1,113
Before I make a classified, anybody here interested in my Elise? As new, condition 10/10. Hardly used: had to share time with Icon Audio HP8 Mk2 and Auralic Taurus Mk2 at first, awaiting a DNA Stratus. Now that my Stratus arrived, the Elise is just sitting on my audio rack and taking up space (and dust).

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,040 of 1,113
How competetive are FA amps in their new price range (compared to stuff like Woo Audio etc.)? Before the price hike Elise would have been a no-brainer for me but I'm late and now the decision is much harder.

Price aside, I've compared Elise with Woo Audio Wa6se and Wa2. I prefer Elise tone. Liquid, clear, just the right balance of lush and warm, good transient response, this amp is certainly worth more than the $649 that I paid new.

In my opinion, Feliks Audio priced their amps very low, probably to get a toe into the market. Even with the price before the increase at $849, I never felt that it was too high. Ultimately what is the worth of the amps is up to the listener.

You will love the tone of Elise and Euforia.... and their very neat and clean design. The tube compliments of 6sn7 and 6as7 are a great choice.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,041 of 1,113
Before I make a classified, anybody here interested in my Elise? As new, condition 10/10. Hardly used: had to share time with Icon Audio HP8 Mk2 and Auralic Taurus Mk2 at first, awaiting a DNA Stratus. Now that my Stratus arrived, the Elise is just sitting on my audio rack and taking up space (and dust).

There you go Maalis. You can buy this Elise. :)

Congrats Cold on the DNA Stratus. I ordered a Glenn 6x6BL7 OTL amp instead because I have too many good 6sn7 and 6as7 tubes.

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,042 of 1,113
I came back here to make another posting as a farewell to Euforia. I've enjoyed Elise and Euforia for the last 2 years. It's time to move on.

Last night, I received this note from the buyer of my Euforia.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow!

Speechless mate, ive only had one side of Dire Straits Communique and i just cant believe what im hearing. Exactly the same upgrade as when i went from SS integrated to tube monos. That Schiit Ragnarok must be an absolute titan if its moved this amp out of your setup. I was questioning my upgrade to HD800 until 30 mins ago they really sounded light on compared with HD600 on my old Rega headphone amp. This just drips of tone and musicality and the soundstage and depth is ridiculous, not to mention dynamics!

I think after this i might have to get a tube pre amp and tube phono stage aswell!

Many thanks for offering this amp for sale i am super pleased with it and it looks awesome to boot, really goes well aesthetically with my Rega gear which is all the same colour.

Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad Euforia went to a good home and an appreciative buyer. In my head-fi journey, I've learned that it is as great a joy to share as it is to experience it yourself. Euforia sounds great but this year alone, I've heard many great sounding amps. I soon discovered that if you don't sample what's good out there, you will never know.

What's good out there that I've heard that to my ears are better than Euforia? Here's a list:-

Ragnarok
Woo Audio Wa22
Woo Audio Wa33 ---- this can be incredible
Violectric v281
Simeaudio Moon 430HAD

Lastly, without being bias at all, my final take on La Figaro 339 vs Euforia. These 2 headphone amps goes head to head in my opinion. Different presentations but both with their own strengths. Euforia excels with vocals. It's dripping with luscious juicy midrange tones. High notes are just as seductive. It's a warm and lush tone without going overboard. With HD800 and T1, there's incredible synergy. La Figaro 339, on the other hand, has an awesome bass weight and low end slam. It is just as revealing in the mids and highs. Soundstage wise it beats Euforia easily. It would be hard to pick a winner between the two. Given the current prices for these 2 amps though, it's a no brainer.

So farewell Euforia. I've given you all the praises due unto you but I am also balanced in my opinions. The truth is that there are many capable headphone amps out there of varying prices.

Adios,
UT

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,043 of 1,113
see you UT,

Although we don't agreee about alot of things, especially dacs, I know that you are passionate about this hobby and I do respect you for alot of your opinions.
Good luck in your future audio endeavours.

Jim

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,044 of 1,113
Hi Jim,

Fancy knowing your real name finally. Diversity is good. There is no right or wrong in this hobby. Someone has this saying in their signature.

One man's noise is another man's music.

So it's good to see we all have our preferences. Ultimately enjoy your music with the gear you love.

And I am sure we will talk more Jim. Do know that whatever unkind things I say in the past, I am truly apologetic. We will remain friends always.

Matt

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #1,045 of 1,113
I feel the same Matt,

All water under the bridge. One thing we all agree on, { or we wouldn't be here) is our love of music.
How we hear it doesn't matter.

Cheers !

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,046 of 1,113
After almost 4 months my Elise was freed from customs and is being repaired by Feliks Audio.

I canceled my purchase of the Euforia for the time being.

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,048 of 1,113
After almost 4 months my Elise was freed from customs and is being repaired by Feliks Audio.

I canceled my purchase of the Euforia for the time being.

It's incredible that your introduction to Feliks Audio amps has taken so long. The Elise that I bought at $649 is incredible value. I too had mine send back to FA for a complete renewal because the internals have kind of burn out. Lukasz told me that they make it better than the original Elise. It's more like a Euforia now. That amp is with @Rossliew now. I hope he keeps it. It's special. :wink:

Elise and Euforia, particularly Euforia, has a classy refined tone. I love the voicing that Henryz did to these headphones. Every tube amps have their own characteristics. Elise / Euforia project a tone that is clear, full of details, with a good dose of warm and lushness. It's not overly warm and lush. It's done just right even with a multitude of tubes. There's no jagged edge to the tone. It's smooth and fluid. It's a refined tone. The frequency spectrum is quite seamless but don't expect a kick ass low end or bass. If that is what you want, you're better served with other tube amps.

I think you'll be rewarded when Elise returns to you. Keep it and enjoy it. It's a neat looking amp that neither look or sound offensive. On the contrary, it's a suitably sized amp for desktop.

I will miss Euforia but I'm getting a Glenn OTL amp that can run a multitude of tubes and I have great expectations of it. When I first read about this amp, I knew I wanted it someday and that someday will be soon. Running 6 x 6BL7 with a pair of C3Gs in a custom made amp will be special. No ugly adapters. I cannot stand ugly adapters and using external power supplies. Did that and done that with Elise but never again. Glenn's OTL amp is a very special, custom made OTL amp with great flexibility. More importantly, I want to hear the voicing for myself, especially with 6336 tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back