Feliks Audio tube amps

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by UntilThen, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DecentLevi
  2. UntilThen
    Perhaps. It all depends on individuals. What sounds as a bit sharp to me might be just right for others - on some genres. No hard and fast rules for sure.

For me, now with Yggdrasil and Ragnarok in my study, I can listen for hours without feeling fatigued. The sabre chip in the Mini feeding Primaluna and driving my speakers sounded ok at lower volume but once I crank up the volume, that's when I winched. :) However my main source in the lounge is my turntable so that's ok. :)

3. UntilThen
    Sounds fun but I can't post there because I'll be influencing you to spend money. :)

4. UntilThen
    It's been a while since I use Euforia because I've been hot swapping between Primaluna and Ragnarok.

This morning I strapped on ZMF Eikon and flick the power switch for Euforia. What greeted my ears is pure sweet symphony. This amp is aptly named Euforia. The mid range and treble is pure and unadulterated. It's sweet and clear. Clearer than the 1st of Spring. I love the tone. If anything to fault, I'd say the bass could be more solid and punchy. It is not really lacking much in the lower registers but compare to Primaluna and Ragnarok, it does sound lighter at the bottom end. A minor gripe though because another track just came on and I had my wow moment. Such sweet melody.

Look, it's not for me to judge on FA's price increase. I'm just commenting on an amp's capabilities. To this end, I can recommend Euforia wholeheartedly. If you had ordered before the price increase then lucky you. If not, you can buy my Euforia. This amp needs to be utilised but with so many amps that I have now, it's a shame to not be getting a 100% of my time. I have only one pair of ears though. :)

DecentLevi likes this.
  5. UntilThen
    This would be the only reason to sell Euforia because the VPI TNT 3 at $5250 is a holy mackerel moment. @aqsw are you sober now. Buy this turntable !!!

VPI1.thumb.jpg.ef1208fbad90d2d145ba4d8289cb64ab.jpg

6. mordy
    Is this Haltron tube a RCA?

[​IMG]

7. UntilThen
    Hi Mordy, that looks like a RCA.

I've ordered a Glenn OTL with 6 x 6BL7 or 4 / 2 x 6AS7 or 2 x 6336. That's my further audio journey. Looks to be very interesting.

8. MIKELAP

9. UntilThen
    Haha Mike, you recognise the singer instead. Yes that's Rickie Lee Jones.

10. aqsw
    Beautiful tt UT, but I have sobered up and I'm sticking to digital with my Space Tech and Hegel Dacs.

The new amp and speakers will test my budget for about 6 months.

Cheers

11. DecentLevi
    Image1.jpg
    UT I've been wondering if this on your PL amp has anything to do with your getting the Glenn amp - the tubes sit so far down leaving little little base area to grip, how do you remove tubes without separating the glass?

EDIT: Oh I see those are the miniature tubes in front that don't have bases, LOL. But the KT-150 tubes look difficult to grip as well, right?

Good to see the Euforia holds up in a few regards at least, to the bigger amps.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  12. DecentLevi
    edited above post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13. UntilThen
    There will be further changes to my stereo system as well as my head-fi system. I'm evaluating Primaluna and Redgum RGi120 with my speakers in the comfort of my lounge.

Getting Glenn's OTL amp is something I wanted to do for a while. I had to listen for myself how 6 x 6BL7 with GEC or Marconi B36 sounds. Or 2 x 6336b. Or 4 x 5998 with the optimised switch. It should be interesting. What is more interesting is how Glenn's EL3N sounds. Something I've been curious for a while. There have been some very good reports from people who owns very good amps.

14. Rossliew
    Get the EL3N - it will complement the OTL very well. Or it can replace the OTL as well.

15. UntilThen
    The sun is setting on a chapter of my audio journey. I'm on to a new chapter and will be leaving this thread soon. I'll be like you, going through gear like the seasons. You left me with a terrible disease Ross. :)

Rossliew likes this.