Feliks Audio tube amps
Aug 7, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #677 of 1,113
Thanks for the replies. I can't wait to get her back!

FA will probably do to your Elise what they do to mine if you ask them but it will cost you.

I ask Lukasz to make it new again. They literally change everything except the chassis and transformer plus implement the upgrades to Elise 2017 model.

You will be happy.

When I got Elise back, she was super quiet with no noise or hum of any sort, regardless of volume.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #678 of 1,113
I'm waiting on 2 Forza Audioworks balance cables to arrive. I'm also waiting on ZMF Eikon to arrive.

This will complete my setup. After which, I will finish my write-up on the power tubes.

I will also summarise my comparisons of Elise / Euforia with all the amps I have heard so far. These include La Figaro 339, Woo Audio Wa22, Violectric v281, Ragnarok, SimeAudio Moon 430HAD and Woo Audio Wa33, Woo Audio Wa2, Woo Audio Wa6SE.

Then UT will bid you all farewell. It's been a good 2 years. I've met a lot of good friends, including so many private messages. I have enjoyed all of those interactions.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #679 of 1,113
Looks like bring your amp to work day :wink:

(I have a Violectric V281 loan unit at home for the moment so the Espressivo has come to work for a bit, and is happy in the demo room)

IMG_20170810_145025-01.jpeg

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #680 of 1,113
I'm waiting on 2 Forza Audioworks balance cables to arrive. I'm also waiting on ZMF Eikon to arrive.

This will complete my setup. After which, I will finish my write-up on the power tubes.

I will also summarise my comparisons of Elise / Euforia with all the amps I have heard so far. These include La Figaro 339, Woo Audio Wa22, Violectric v281, Ragnarok, SimeAudio Moon 430HAD and Woo Audio Wa33, Woo Audio Wa2, Woo Audio Wa6SE.

Then UT will bid you all farewell. It's been a good 2 years. I've met a lot of good friends, including so many private messages. I have enjoyed all of those interactions.

You think you can just up and leave?

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #681 of 1,113
Looks like bring your amp to work day :wink:

(I have a Violectric V281 loan unit at home for the moment so the Espressivo has come to work for a bit, and is happy in the demo room)

I have not heard the Espressivo but it sure looks like a good value tube amp. Driving a HD800S too. :)

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #682 of 1,113
You think you can just up and leave?

Are you missing me already? :wink:

Well I was enjoying some solitude, listening to my music (George Benson - White Rabbit), which gets better and better as the gear 'settles in' ....

My Forza Audioworks arrived yesterday and I was using the HD800 in balance mode at home for the first time. The cable is all that I hope it will be. It's the right length (1.5m), flexible, soft braided cloth material and looks beautiful on HD800. As for sound, I'll hold off impressions till I've got some hours on it ....

20170810_202652.jpg

... and the beautiful and lightweight cables. So well made.
20170810_124944.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #683 of 1,113
I'm so mesmerised with Ragnarok's performance at the moment. This is why I've been away for a few days and will probably continue to take much longer breaks from here. :)

Here are some notable quotes about the Ragnarok.... (usually I do my own impressions in my own words but these quotes are pretty spot on). I could not agree more after comparing Ragnarok with all the amps (whether tube or solid state) that I have heard.

"This is the most seductive solid-state amp I've ever heard", "There are tube like qualities with Rag. Smoothness, resolution, clarity, details", "The Ragnarok is truly an end-game amp", "the beauty of the Rag's treble is its honesty without adding anything"

Schiit Ragnarok – Best solid-state amp in headphonia and the only one I think is capable of competing with the great tube amps. Highly resolving and must be careful with source. With the right pieces in place, the smoothest sounding amp, solid-state or tube I have ever heard. And with solid-state cleanness, clarity, and tautness. Best solid-state amp for HD800 period.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #687 of 1,113
I bought a brand new Audeze LCD2.2 today from Addicted To Audio together with an Omega headphone stand. I audition the LCD2.2 with Focal Elear but prefer the LCD2.2, which has a more solid bottom end. The Audeze bass is unbeatable. Elear is more mid centric and mid bass. Sounds very good too but it's more forward. In choosing a headphone to contrast with my HD800, I felt that the LCD2.2 is a better choice for me. Remember this is for me and no one else. :)

This is truly the end of search for me. LCD2.2 sounds really lovely with Yggy / Rggy or Euforia. I'm really surprised that Euforia drove the LCD2.2 so well. Drove it with ease and sounds amazing. Volume is only at 10 to 10.5 and it's loud. Now waiting on Euforia to surprise me with Eikon.

There's still the ZMF Eikon incoming but my one xlr balance cable from Forza Audioworks can be used with both LCD2.2 and Eikon.

Pictures later.

Aug 13, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #690 of 1,113
Putting the planar magnetic to the test on Euforia and Ragnarok. Why did it take me so long to buy this headphone? It's luscious and that bass.... deep and low. You feel it in your chest. As I said, Elear feels higher up at mid bass and up but LCD2.2 gets low while maintaining a lovely mid and non fatiguing highs. Comfort wise, it is surprisingly ok. The clamp is just right out of the box. Not too tight and not too loose. I got the Shedua wood and it's lovely. Much better than the previous bamboo version. The more expensive version is the Rosewood, which is a dark reddish brown colour. I think the Shedua wood from tropical west Africa is exotic and nice and it's $200 cheaper.

20170813_172807.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back