Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 15, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #211 of 1,113
Oh man, did you order...I am jealous :jecklinsmile:

300 ohm dynamics, should work well with both of your amps.

My wallet says I must wait until Christmas for any new cans.

I am still deciding on Atticus or Eikon. Initially I thought Ori but since Zach says Euforia should work very well with Atticus or Eikon, I'm now leaning that way. Besides A and E has a stronger bass than O. I'm not a bass head but I may be one soon.... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Also.... I'm prolonging this a bit. There's a few contenders I want to research first...... This will be my last purchase..... @Oskari don't you dare...... say a word.

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #212 of 1,113
Ori is a planar, so the rag would be a better match....the bass is killer, you can feel it if you wish to go that loud, lol.

I am no bass head, but it is the bass that makes Zach's headphones so much fun, that is the way he tunes them.

Plus a closed headphone just has better bass anyway, YMMV

The HD800 has wonderful bass, the headphone is very balanced across the board....but the ZMF headphone has far more fun bass IMO....again YMMV

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #213 of 1,113
Did Zach say both Atticus & Eikon has more bass than Ori ?

That would be impressive considering the Ori is a closed planar headphone and the Atticus & Eikon are dynamics.

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #214 of 1,113
I am still deciding on Atticus or Eikon. Initially I thought Ori but since Zach says Euforia should work very well with Atticus or Eikon, I'm now leaning that way. Besides A and E has a stronger bass than O. I'm not a bass head but I may be one soon.... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Also.... I'm prolonging this a bit. There's a few contenders I want to research first...... This will be my last purchase..... @Oskari don't you dare...... say a word.

Atticus.

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #215 of 1,113
Jul 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #219 of 1,113
Wouldn't a stronger mid bass make it more fun sounding like Grados?

Yes, I would agree with this and I think this is the consensus

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #221 of 1,113
Thats why me loves me Grados :)

Ummm... I heard a few Grados and the only one with strong bass is the Grados PS 500. The PS1000 isn't there .... believe it would be better than the 500.

Then I saw a Grados GS2000e at A2A with the biggest foam. This I would like as it would go around my ears easily.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #222 of 1,113
Ummm... I heard a few Grados and the only one with strong bass is the Grados PS 500. The PS1000 isn't there .... believe it would be better than the 500.

Then I saw a Grados GS2000e at A2A with the biggest foam. This I would like as it would go around my ears easily.
Hmm...my woody modded SR-60 and 80 both have very fun, punchy bass. So do the SR-225e..found the PS1k bright sounding though. Could be the huge foam bowl pads..

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #223 of 1,113

All of Grados pads will fit all of their headphones and they can be swapped out in like , just a few seconds.

Here are the different pads I have for my Grados
DSC00307.JPG
From left to right
S cushions
L cushions
Flat pads
G cushions

These will all work with my RS1...here it is shown with the L cushion, which i like best
DSC00011.JPG

Here you can see how easy it is to swap pads, no time at all, you just push on over these cups and you are done, can't get any easier, lol
DSC07780.JPG

While all of these pads will work on all of Grados headphones, other than a few combos, i really think Grado ships the right pads with the right headphones, other than the SR60 and SR80...i prefer both of those with the L cushion,
but then i guess they would have to raise the price of those headphones and that is the beauty of those models, that they are priced really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back