Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Dec 10, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #10,051 of 11,472
I do know the HD800S loves them but months ago I found the Utopia on a Chord Dave the best I’ve heard.
Later I tried the Utopia with a few other totl headphones on a few other ams but the Focal always won.
Yes nothing wrong with that!
Just said that the Euforia loves high Z cans.
I am sure that is going to match with the Utopia because it greatly matches with the Clear MG and OG.
The Utopia is higher impedance so better.

Dec 11, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #10,054 of 11,472
If you want a great low cost option the Verum 1 MK II is also very good with the Euforia.
Thanks, that is helpful as from it's low impedance one may have thought it would not pair well with an OTL. A good reminder that one's ears must be the final decision-maker as to what gear works in a particular chain!

Dec 11, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #10,055 of 11,472
Hello,
I wrote to Lukasz before I bought it.
And he said that the Euforia has no problems with low-ohm headphones.
It's different with the Echo, which I originally wanted.
Even the Elise does very well.
Apart from that, I'm a little surprised that so few people have tried planar headphones with the Euforia.
Even if the Euforia is somewhat limited, it has hardly any problems driving planar headphones as long as they are not too low ohmic like the Aeon headphones.
The rest is then mostly really tuning with tubes to be able to drive planar headphones with it.with a very good sound image.
Which is what most people would do anyway if they were using high-priced headphones.
In the meantime, I listen almost exclusively with the Lcd2c on the Euforia, because it's a lot of fun.
Give it a slightly brighter tube as an addition and one that can deliver good bass performance, then it's really good.
The Fostex hardly got any playtime this year.
When I did, I changed again quite quickly.
The great thing about the Euforia is that you can achieve good performance even with headphones in the lower price range without having to dig deep into your pocket.
The only headphone I didn't like was the Sennheiser Hd 600, but at that time I didn't have any other tubes to test where to steer them.

Dec 13, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #10,056 of 11,472
Thanks Deleeh, I was looking at a pair of Fostex TH900mk2, but the 25 ohms seemed it might be too low. Might give them a try.

Dec 13, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #10,057 of 11,472
The only headphone I didn't like was the Sennheiser Hd 600, but at that time I didn't have any other tubes to test where to steer them.
I'm very surprised that your hd600 didn't work well on Euforia. I kinda like mine. I even prefer it over my t1.

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #10,058 of 11,472
Well, the thing is.
What the Lcd 2C lacked in bass back then, the Sennheiser did well.
What the Lcd2C did in the mid-range and treble range, the Sennheiser lacked.
So it was clear to me that I didn't need a second Lcd2c if I already had one.

But later I got a good handle on that, too, with the Linlai/Mullard or Sylvania pairings, so that it is now exactly where I wanted it.

But I changed something a bit and now I have found a new pairing that is a bit better but I am still testing.

I have never had any problems with the Fostex.
I would be interested in the Zmf to stress the Euforia a bit more.
But I'm still thinking about that.

Dec 20, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #10,059 of 11,472
HifiMan Ananda with a Feliks Euforia is an absolutely amazing match. Tubes are Raytheon VT-231s and TungSol 6080s. As good or probably better than any SS amp I have heard the Ananda on.

Attachments

• IMG20211220192208.jpg
    IMG20211220192208.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #10,061 of 11,472
Dec 20, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #10,063 of 11,472
HifiMan Ananda with a Feliks Euforia is an absolutely amazing match. Tubes are Raytheon VT-231s and TungSol 6080s. As good or probably better than any SS amp I have heard the Ananda on.
Hello,
I'm glad to see that someone else is using the Euforia with planar headphones.✌️
I can only agree that it is better than any SS amp, especially when the tubes are in harmony.
I listen with the Lcd 2 C, but I am also fully satisfied with it.
Hifiman would also be interesting if there weren't always problems with the quality.

Have fun and enjoy with the Ananda 😉

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #10,064 of 11,472
Cheack out the newest edition to the Feliks line over in the Envy thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back