Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Dec 5, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #10,036 of 11,460
Sorry to hear, you are having a problem with the Euforia. I am not aware of any potentiometers built into the amp. I don't think that there is a way to adjust it that way, or with a variable capacitor or inductor. Other than those components, I don't see how you can adjust it. If this is concern, then contact Feliks and let them know what your concern is. If it is component failing then they would be able to advise you. Over the years they have been very responsive to questions from their customers. If there is a problem, I am sure they will help out. They have always stood behind their products. I know it is not inexpensive or time consuming to return for repair, but that is the way of the world when you have a global market. I have a friend that bought an amp through an online distributor, it failed after four months. He got in touch with them, seemed helpful and returned the amp for repair. Because of the distance involved and cost, took over a week to get there. He kept contacting the company about the repair, and they took their time replying and finally no replies at all. He does not know if company went out of business or is just not good. Has been over six months now and no way to contact them. Feliks is not that way. I know they are busy, but usually respond as quickly as possible. So I would contact them and see if they can address your concerns. Good luck.
Hello,
and thanks for the reply, :v:
I'll try to be a little more precise.

So the amplifier runs, it doesn't cause any other problems.
What I have mentioned seems to come more from the right channel.
At a slightly higher volume and mainly in the treble range.
It doesn't bother much but it's more irritating.
I'm deliberately writing about a small error in the reproduction.

I thought the Audeze Lcd 2 c might have a defect, but it runs perfectly on the hybrid amplifier. And the hybrid amplifier is even more powerful than the Euforia and also new.
Somehow it seems to me that the Euforia can't transport the "air" properly on the right channel. So maybe it is a headphone problem?

In windows I lowered the volume but it seems to be the same, so no clipping.
That's why it's a bit difficult to tell whether it's really the Euforia itself or not.
I am familiar with Feliks' support. :) :relaxed:

Let me also say that if I can solve it myself instead of sending it in, I would prefer that.
Even if it was a small cold solder joint, I could still fix it myself.
Otherwise, I can only try the standard process such as cleaning the cable, replacing it if it doesn't improve, cleaning or replacing the fuse.
Could socketsavers also be the reason?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dec 5, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #10,037 of 11,460
Hello again,
I have found the error.
It was not the cable or the fuse.
It was something really stupid.

The Dac has several selectable filters.
When set to Sharp it seems to distort so much at the top end that it can't keep up with the playback.🙈
When I switched to Slow or other filters, the problem was gone as if nothing had happened.💁🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️💁🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I guess that will teach me a lesson, even if it was only a small thing.
Of course, it would have been nicer to have found out sooner before looking at all the cables and cleaning them, but there's no harm in that.

Besides, it would have been really annoying to get a visit to the factory for nothing and be told everything was OK.

But as always, it's crazy what such small things can sometimes do.
Thanks for the support and advice anyway,✌️😉✌️😉

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #10,038 of 11,460
Heh Guys ,
Has anybody tried the Kennerton Magni on this amp.? Only 33 ohms, but I have Oppos with the same impedance and they sound pretty good. Thanks in advance.

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #10,039 of 11,460
Heh Guys ,
Has anybody tried the Kennerton Magni on this amp.? Only 33 ohms, but I have Oppos with the same impedance and they sound pretty good. Thanks in advance.
33 Ohms should be totally fine. (Meze Empyrean has 32 and is an excellent pairing with the Euforia)

Less than 25 might start to become critical

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #10,040 of 11,460
Thanks, I just ordered a pair at 849 cdn, as my Focal Elears did the dreaded left driver failure. Was thinking of buying the Stellias for a closed back, but I'm so glad I didn't pull the plug. Will never buy a Focal again.

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #10,043 of 11,460
I wonder which is the better combo with the Euforia AE: HD800s or Utopia?
Anyone?

I can actually answer this with a quote from Lukasz from Feliks Audio directly:

"Thanks for your email. Yes Euforia AE + Utopia is probably the golden standard and my personal best combination out there, congratulations."

But obviously one's golden standard will not necessarily be another's - your best call is probably to test for yourself what you like, but failing that read as many reviews about each combination as you can find.

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #10,046 of 11,460
These are both convincing reactions.
Somebody affered me a young Utopia for decent money.
I'd love to go for it but it is still a lot of money.
On the other hand I can sell it for the same money if I don't think it is worth the money.
The Utopia is great and all, but please be mindful of the potential risks that come with second hand purchases and Focal products.
They do have a few driver failures going around and even though I got lucky with mine up to now, I feel like it's still a fairly high number of people that experience issues with their products (even just recently in this thread it seems like!).
I had to send mine in for repair after about 5 years a couple of weeks ago, because (luckily) only a cable came slightly loose - the process did take a very long time though, and a potential driver replacement would've been very expensive.

I also had to recently buy new pads for it, because the old one kind of started melting (for lack of a better word) very slightly - you wouldn't notice if you didn't take them off though I suspect - this has also been documented in other threads.
And the pads are pretty expensive.

If it comes to customer service I'm sure Sennheiser has Focal beat by quite a large margin at least.
And had I the choice of top of the line headphone now, I might actually look elsewhere because of that.

EDIT: Sorry for the off topic here, I'll add on that I suppose you could experiment with tubes as well to make the amp play nicer with other headphones, as people have done in the past in this thread.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #10,047 of 11,460
I use my Utopias regularly with the Euforia and it sounds great on it.
I also use ZMF Verites to switch things up and keep things fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back