Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #9,661 of 11,460
There are a lot of amps that run KT 88 as native tubes, check here for instance https://www.amazon.com/s?k=KT88+amp&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 . They even have the KT88 in blue glass

Sophia Electric Coke-bottle KT88-ST Tubes (long life version)
1631359819433.png

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #9,663 of 11,460
Sep 11, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #9,665 of 11,460
Has anyone with a technical understanding in tube amps made a write-up about how the euforia works? With reference to a photo of the insides.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #9,666 of 11,460
Hello,
My socketsavers from Canada have arrived.
(I had linked them because someone had asked for them the other day).
They are definitely better than the ones I bought on Aliexpress (I posted a picture somewhere a few pages back).

Why are they better?
Well simply put the tubes don't wobble anymore on the socket saver from Aliexpress.
And above all they don't cause any noise, on the right channel I sometimes had to play the tube to make the noise disappear.
The ones from Canada have a very good contact pressure and nothing wobbles anymore.
Apart from that, they also absorb the heat better, I have the impression.

They are worth the money, unlike the ones from Aliexpress where I spent almost a small fortune for 5 pieces, it was about 70€ with shipping and customs.

The one version I bought back then that was supposed to be made of gold was also the most expensive at $12.50 a piece.
They are not made of gold, there is only a very thin brass plate around the ceramic base.

And the ones from Canada are also cheaper.
They are only available in black and in the end fit better with the Euforia.
What is possible is that I had to file down the tips of mine a bit.
It takes 5-10 minutes, and you have to clean them before you use them.

Cheers

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #9,667 of 11,460
In a conversation with one of the members here, we were discussing the use of TS 7581A tubes, I had used these quite a bit in the Elise, but as with all tube rolling, I soon tried different tubes and combinations. So when the subject came up again recently, I dug out the TS 7581A tubes and tried them with the ^V^G Bendix "Sylvania" as powers. After a few hours of warm up, put the phones on and was very impressed with the sound. Great sound stage, smooth across the audio spectrum, just slightly on the warm side but very pleasant. Going to leave these in for a week or two before going back to the six pack of GU50s. Very strong presentation, this is one of the best. Better than the 6V6GT-6V6G combo.

Attachments

• 20210923_101957.jpg
    20210923_101957.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #9,668 of 11,460
In a conversation with one of the members here, we were discussing the use of TS 7581A tubes, I had used these quite a bit in the Elise, but as with all tube rolling, I soon tried different tubes and combinations. So when the subject came up again recently, I dug out the TS 7581A tubes and tried them with the ^V^G Bendix "Sylvania" as powers. After a few hours of warm up, put the phones on and was very impressed with the sound. Great sound stage, smooth across the audio spectrum, just slightly on the warm side but very pleasant. Going to leave these in for a week or two before going back to the six pack of GU50s. Very strong presentation, this is one of the best. Better than the 6V6GT-6V6G combo.
Yeah I would assume the 7581A are stronger tubes long the lines of the 6L6GC types of tubes. More power. I was trying to get impressions from another member on another thread on 6V6 tubes but I think you have answered my question. I don't need another tube rabbit hole to go down, lol.

I am using KT88s as powers with 6L6GC up front and even though I lose a bit of power (the volume knob takes care of that) the presentation and sound stage really opens up without getting muddy. If I were to describe this combination it is on the bright side (these are not NOS tubes) so not for music where you want the bass slam but that is just a tube change for me.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #9,669 of 11,460
It finally arrived!!
9EF7A63A-F8A9-4BFF-A32D-3B1FCE0C7A3D.jpeg

ohhh my goddd it sounds so good! The Utopia have never sounded this good.

Initial impressions are more bass and bass texture. Wider sound stage and far better depth imaging and layering. Way better timbre too. Everything just sounds a lot more balanced and coherent, hard to put that into words. Poor recordings have drastically improved which is nice, that’s where I’m hearing the biggest differences tbh

Very happy so far! :)

edit: by poorer recordings I mean ones that are pretty good, but not pristine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back