Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 21, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #8,896 of 11,472
According to the user guide the valves take 50 hours to reach an optimum state and should last about 5000 hours before needing to be replaced. Although with all the tube rolling going on I wonder if any one has actually reached that on one set of valves, Older valves may reach an optimum state quicker (and perhaps not last as long?) due to age although that is not based on experience just thinking aloud.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #8,897 of 11,472
According to the user guide the valves take 50 hours to reach an optimum state and should last about 5000 hours before needing to be replaced. Although with all the tube rolling going on I wonder if any one has actually reached that on one set of valves, Older valves may reach an optimum state quicker (and perhaps not last as long?) due to age although that is not based on experience just thinking aloud.
I know of people who have used the same tubes in their amplifiers for more than ten years, and there was still life left in them. Many older tubes can last 10,000 hours.
A Russian vacuum tube intended for use in a tank or jet fighter may be rated for 3000 or 5000 (EV rating) or 10,000 (DR rating) hours, but under the conditions it is used in a tube amp may last considerably longer.
50 hours of break in is a good rule, but some tubes require much more time to reach their full potential.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #8,899 of 11,472
Has anyone seen this? Sounds really interesting

https://brimaruk.com/menugbvp/great-british-valve-project-2/

Found them while searching for a pre-amp valve. They are selling Brimar TP 6SN7GT for £25 each.
From memory these 6SN7 tubes are Russian re-issues that they sell to raise money for their project. You can get a better price on the internet. I have a pair of Tung Sol 6SN7GTB Russian re-issues that don't see any use.
Unfortunately, these attempts to revive the old manufacturing does not seem to meet with much success - anything happening with the Western Electric new issue 300B?

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #8,904 of 11,472
I am not familiar with that tube, but many people on the forum have tried them and can advise you.
Better off going for Gold Lion KT88 if your wanting to try this tube out. It has a good reputation for one of the newer 88's. Many on the thread had tried it out and liked it including myself.

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #8,905 of 11,472
Better off going for Gold Lion KT88 if your wanting to try this tube out. It has a good reputation for one of the newer 88's. Many on the thread had tried it out and liked it including myself.
Would you need an adaptor for this valve?

Feb 21, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #8,907 of 11,472
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #8,909 of 11,472
Nice to hear,thanks @mordy

I have see they have a KT88 in see,can it be worth for a try?
KT88 will require an adapter and has greater heater current than 6SN7 so is better suited to power position, not diver.

Feb 21, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #8,910 of 11,472
Is it possible to find in Europe the Adapter or only Usa and China?When i put the KT 88 tube directly without Adapter it gives a liitle smoke?
Do NOT put it in directly!!! Yes there is a European adapter maker who does excellent work here on head-fi. PM @Deyan. He is a pleasutre to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back