Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Feb 9, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #8,852 of 11,472
Hello Scottsheilds,

Yes those PSVanes that come with the AE are pretty good and could easily be lived with, but what’s the point of a tube amp if you don’t do a bit of rolling 😀. It’s great fun researching, you can change the sound signature to suit, bizarrely they are nice to own, and what’s wrong with a bit of retail therapy!

To answer your question I have not come across any drivers I have disliked, but some that have stood out have been the Ken-Rads, Melz 1578 and 7W’s. Currently I have the Mullard brown base ecc32’s in, and I don’t see these being swapped out anytime soon. Finally I have a pair of Valvo black glass EL11’s with mesh plates which I acquired from a friend l have made from this site, which are very good, but these have to be adapted to fit 6sn7.
Curious how you found the 5692's to stack up with some of your favorites?

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #8,853 of 11,472
I was curious is anyone can provide insight as to what the jump up from Euphoria mkII vs AE is like?

my current chain inMScaler->TT2 and I’d life to add a tube amp. I had a Feliks echo that I absolutely loved. I was thinking of adding a Euforia and would love any feedback on them.

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #8,855 of 11,472
Hello,
I have received my Euforia and the first hours behind it are still missing a few hours that were recommended in the manual are 30-50 hours.
I have reached just under half so far.

What struck me is with the Audeze Lcd 2c and original tube tuning he plays me a bit restrained. I know the little bit different from him.
On the Denon D2000 or Fostex headphones, however, he is really good.

Is there possibly a set of tubes that open the Planar headphones for more playfulness?
I currently have the 6AS7G of Rca in view but not found about their properties and generally you hardly find which even if it were 6080 tubes.

Would be great if someone has a tip / advice.

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #8,856 of 11,472
Guys, I found the perfect song for Euforia.

Later I realised they play Led Zeppelin, they have guitars and drums. And yes, comments to the video are top class.
I am a fan! At least until my girlfriend finds out. LOL.

I thought one or both of them were your girlfriend!

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #8,860 of 11,472
Are the stock Psvane somewhat forward even with the Empyrean or it's my fantasy?
By "forward" do you mean a bit bright? If so I found them to be yes. I just recently swapped them for a NOS part of CBS 5692's and noticed they were smoother and a bit more relaxed than the PSVanes. I fell like the soundstage and imagining may also be just slightly better. The PSVanes are good however from what I can tell but I've not rolled many others yet.

Also I'm using Tung Sol 5998 power tubes.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #8,861 of 11,472
Are the stock Psvane somewhat forward even with the Empyrean or it's my fantasy?

To be honest, I find tube tuning more suited to dynamic drivers.

For planar listeners like my Lcd 2c, I don't get the same feeling as on my Little Dot 1+ with really good tubes or what would be possible on the Transitor. there's a glimmer of something where I think oh cool and then that's it.

Will it be better with crossfeed on planar with the series tubes?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #8,862 of 11,472
By "forward" do you mean a bit bright? If so I found them to be yes. I just recently swapped them for a NOS part of CBS 5692's and noticed they were smoother and a bit more relaxed than the PSVanes. I fell like the soundstage and imagining may also be just slightly better. The PSVanes are good however from what I can tell but I've not rolled many others yet.

Also I'm using Tung Sol 5998 power tubes.

Yes they sound somewhat bright for example at higher soprano notes.
I have swapped the power tubes for 6080w and things got better but now I think the drivers are causing the issue.

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #8,863 of 11,472
Ehrlich gesagt finde ich Röhren Abstimmung vielmehr für Dynamische treiber abgestimmt.
Für planare Hörer wie mein Lcd 2c kommt nicht gerade Feeling auf wie auf meinem Little Dot 1+ mit echt gute Röhren oder was am Transitor möglich wäre.Es schimmert mal was durch wo ich denke oh cool und dann war es das.

Ob es mit Crossfeed besser wird auf Planare mit den Serien röhren?

I don't like crossfeed.
This is a good amp for planars.
It just needs some extra fine tuning at least for my tastes.

Feb 13, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #8,864 of 11,472
I don't like crossfeed.
This is a good amp for planars.
It just needs some extra fine tuning at least for my tastes.

Yes, I agree!
But I don't know which type of tubes would be optimal for planars. Then I would be happy if that would fit.
As I said, the in-house tuning for dynamic drivers is really great.
I find it really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back