Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jan 31, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #8,806 of 11,460
I use the hekse on Euphoria and after noon on the dial it clips but it sounds good. Headphones in my stable that work are Empyrean, LCD4, Verite, RAD-0, Fostex TH909, Kennerton Gjallarhorn. The rest don’t work because sensitivity is to low. I was surprised that the RAD-0 work because it’s below 32 ohms which is the claimed lowest impedance of the Euphoria. The rest of the headphones clip the amp after 12 anything below is fine just low to very low volume. If you are buying low impedance cans make sure they have high sensitivity.
Hello, what's your opinion about pair with th909?
Thanks

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #8,807 of 11,460
Cleaning up my shelves and selling my NOS tubes I brought a while back for this amp. I recently traded the amp for a tube speaker amp.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mat...g-7236-tubes-for-feliks-audio-euforia.953560/
Thanks @svmusa for an awesome transaction! Now that I have a few sets of 6080 power tubes a quick question to those who have them. I immediately noticed that the tube's design with a wider base doesn't full insert into the socket of the Euforia (the AE at least which I have). Certainly makes contact and seems to work just fine but I'm curious if anyone here uses socket savers with them or has an opinion on them with the 6080 style tubes?

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #8,808 of 11,460
Thanks @svmusa for an awesome transaction! Now that I have a few sets of 6080 power tubes a quick question to those who have them. I immediately noticed that the tube's design with a wider base doesn't full insert into the socket of the Euforia (the AE at least which I have). Certainly makes contact and seems to work just fine but I'm curious if anyone here uses socket savers with them or has an opinion on them with the 6080 style tubes?
I use socket savers but for a different reason then fit. The 6080's run very hot and I hope that by elevating them off the chassis result will be less heat transmitted to the chassis and components. Headfi'er @Deyan made the socket savers for me and as always his work is excellent and fairly priced.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #8,809 of 11,460
IMHO opinion socket savers are a good idea for two reasons: As the name implies, it saves wear and tear on the chassis sockets, and perhaps more importantly, the socket saver works as an insulator and lowers the temperature of the amp. Heat is the biggest enemy of electronics and tubes like the 6080 do run very hot.
I have even gone so far that in order to save wear and tear I have a little extension to my headphone cables sitting in the headphone jack. I don't have to pull the plug in and out of the amp headphone jack every time I change headphones and the extension takes the wear and tear instead. If it goes bad I just switch it for another extension cable.
There are people that claim that socket savers have an impact on the sound but personally I think that it is negligible.

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #8,810 of 11,460
Can any Euforia owners tell me which DACs you have paired with this amp? I am just researching for a possible purchase and would like to understand which pair particularly well. I currently use a NOS DAC, and this would be my first tube HPA.

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #8,811 of 11,460
Can any Euforia owners tell me which DACs you have paired with this amp? I am just researching for a possible purchase and would like to understand which pair particularly well. I currently use a NOS DAC, and this would be my first tube HPA.

Thanks.
The Bifrost2, which I have and works very well, is popular around here.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #8,815 of 11,460
Hello,

I have the Euforia AE and if you want to keep the budget down leave the drivers in place, they are pretty good. A good value upgrade to the power tubes would be the Tung Sol 7236.

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #8,817 of 11,460
I am about to buy the Euforia 20th Anniversary Edition for my Empyreans. Any good advice for a good value for money tube upgrade over the stock tubes? I don‘t want to use any adapters.
One good approach is to listen to your amp for a while, let it break in and enjoy the sound with the stock tubes—it is quite nice—and learn what you like about that sound and what you think can be improved. You might just love the sound with the stock tubes well enough and not want to change anything, and save a lot of money—I doubt that because you are already itching to roll the tubes before you’ve even get the amp :)

Anyway, once you know the sound well enough, you will know exactly what to look for—better bass? Better sound stage? Smoother or lusher midrange?—then you can come back to this thread and you will find all kinds of recommendations already there.

Many NOS tubes are very expensive because they are rare and hard to find, but the sound quality does not necessary reflect the price. And many tubes simply sound different. They may be an improvement in one are and a big disappointment in another. But once you know the sound of your amp, you will know exactly what to look for. Cheers.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #8,818 of 11,460
I am about to buy the Euforia 20th Anniversary Edition for my Empyreans. Any good advice for a good value for money tube upgrade over the stock tubes? I don‘t want to use any adapters.
Hi S82,
One power tube that sounds very good is the Sylvania 6080. Too cheap and too easy to find it ends up being severely under rated lol.....
The truth is that there is NO relationship between cost and how good a tube sounds.
And unscrupulous sellers may charge 10 or even a hundred times more (!) for the same tube that you can buy from a house wife selling off what’s left of her grandfather’s radio repair shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back