Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 14, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #8,026 of 11,460
Right-o cf...sorry, looks like I must have been cross-eyed when I put the stickers on lol! :wink: So, place them as suits you best...and yes, no problem having the tubes closer to the trafo or behind the drivers :slight_smile:. You certainly are giving different combos a good trial, but remember that when changing from 'alternative' tubes to conventional, and vice versa, it can take quite a long while before the amp settles back down to the tubes' best performance...

ps. Now I know for sure this hobby has driven me totally insane (or could it be this darned virus?!)...have just ordered a Chord m-scaler to partner the TT2. Am awaiting the men in white coats as I speak lol :scream:. And if this lot doesn't have my Euforia as pre-amp performing miracles, then you have my permission to make sure they throw away the key!! ...CHEERS!...(a still shaking CJ)...

Giving the different combos lots of time, seems that is all there is to do for now! I am getting a lot of use out of the pre amp. Sounding very good indeed. Heard back from Lukasz, due to the "situation" production is slowed and is slotted for production, but not till the end of April now. Don't worry about he white coats, they may only be virus checkers! Good for you helping to keep the economy going!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #8,027 of 11,460
Totally rational behaviour. Congrats on the TT2 + M-Scaler. :L3000:

Thanks for the reassurance UT...but too late I'm afraid...at least I'm going down with a very big smile on my face lol :wink::smile:...
Congrats on the M-S, and a Dave in a couple of months.

Thanks attmci...but beware, you could just be nearing the top of my hit list!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And my adopted meditation mantra will not be 'Om' (er. Ohm would be more appropriate lol?!), but Nom...:upside_down:...(assuming temptation gets no worse, that is!! :smiling_imp:).

Giving the different combos lots of time, seems that is all there is to do for now! I am getting a lot of use out of the pre amp. Sounding very good indeed. Heard back from Lukasz, due to the "situation" production is slowed and is slotted for production, but not till the end of April now. Don't worry about he white coats, they may only be virus checkers! Good for you helping to keep the economy going!

This current situation does indeed allow for more quality listening (or testing) time to be sure cf...even if less income time alas! :slight_frown:

And sorry to hear of the delay in your AE Euforia...hope the patience doesn't run out lol! :wink: And bring on those white coats...so long as they let me take all my hp gear with me!! :ksc75smile:...CHEERS!...CJ

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #8,028 of 11,460
Hi UT,
So what's next? A bike? Orchids? Or a Citation to drive your speakers lol......

Honestly when you ask that question, there was no next on my mind but yesterday I decided to jump on a mint condition Burson Conductor Virtuoso V2+ for a little under US$500 - US477 to be precise.

Why? Because I thought that an all in one Pre-amp/Amp/DAC can be handy and this one was a beast in it's time.

Sorry for the digression all. :)

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #8,029 of 11,460
Hi all, I have recently got my hands on the Euforia and wanted to begin tube rolling more. The ones that I'd like to start with are EL32, EL11, EL38, and even the KT66/88 that I've heard has been mentioned. Does anyone have recommendations on which ones I should be buying from eBay?

Thanks,
Richard

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #8,030 of 11,460
I have all of these if you are interested

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #8,032 of 11,460
Okay I will pm you tomorrow

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #8,034 of 11,460
You bet

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #8,035 of 11,460
I’m also guessing people would like to know my initial impressions of the Euforia. I’m currently using a Yulong D18, whose characteristics I’m not too familiar with except within context to the Yulong A18, to feed the Euforia. Based on a few listening sessions between the RCA 6AS7G, GEC 6080, and Bendix 6080 I will go ahead and say there is undeniable energy and capability to draw the emotion from a song. Neutral yet truly compelling is how I’d describe it.

I’m afraid to say that my sensitivity to treble means that I won’t get as much enjoyment from the amp as someone whose not as sensitive to treble.

The Euforia is a fun amp with good dynamics. At times I will sit there and when a certain note hits or a song that is dynamic comes on, I sit back and say wow, “this is really enjoyable, wait no, this is ACTUALLY REALLY good". The sound is “large”, “encompassing” and “pure (+tubey)”.

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #8,036 of 11,460
I’m also guessing people would like to know my initial impressions of the Euforia. I’m currently using a Yulong D18, whose characteristics I’m not too familiar with except within context to the Yulong A18, to feed the Euforia. Based on a few listening sessions between the RCA 6AS7G, GEC 6080, and Bendix 6080 I will go ahead and say there is undeniable energy and capability to draw the emotion from a song. Neutral yet truly compelling is how I’d describe it.

I’m afraid to say that my sensitivity to treble means that I won’t get as much enjoyment from the amp as someone whose not as sensitive to treble.

The Euforia is a fun amp with good dynamics. At times I will sit there and when a certain note hits or a song that is dynamic comes on, I sit back and say wow, “this is really enjoyable, wait no, this is ACTUALLY REALLY good". The sound is “large”, “encompassing” and “pure (+tubey)”.

Hi r89. Glad to hear you're liking Euforia already...and her charms will become even more evident as time goes by.

That sure is a b**mer re. your treble hearing issue...this is indeed the frequency range where 'sparkle' and finesse really do lift performance to new heights, in good gear at least lol! :wink: Good bass and full mids are also of course vitally important!! Still, I'm quite sure that experimenting with different combos of both conventional and 'unorthodox(!)' tubes will - along with other attributes - bring a treble that is both very satisfying and kind to your ears!
@connieflyer should indeed have a good selection for you, and much more reliable than many on ebay...plus already painstakingly burned in where necessary. And if switching between 'normal' and 'other' tubes, please remember that often it will take quite a while for the amp to 'readjust' to them before performing at their best...a good few hours at least, preferably with a cooling off period inbetween a couple of sessions...

So, GOOD LUCK and much continued enjoyment...CJ

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #8,037 of 11,460

That's awesome that you're diggin' my Euforia Richard! And now any doubts any of us may have had that all my 3rd party even unorthodox tube rolling may have harmed the amp can be brushed under the carpet, because I had indeed taken a good few precautions (using socket savers, staying within the max. current draw, avoiding 6336 tubes, correct adapters, using a small fan when needed, etc.). And just to think Richard you're only using the Euforia v1 and so far only with stock class tubes. It only gets better from here!

Richard will also be able to try many 3rd party tubes with a big stash of unneeded adapters I've just mailed him. Adapters for every type we've used except for GU50 which I hadn't got around to. And @connieflyer is this why you're willing to part with so many tubes because you like those the best?

I also told him he can use the 6L6 adapters for 7581 / A, KT66, KT88, KT150, 6L6, (but KT88 and KT150 are for powers only). And will this adapter also work for KT77 and EL34? I see many people around here loving the Genalex Gold Lion KT66 powers with KT77 drivers (but for that you would need 2 more adapters).

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #8,038 of 11,460
@richard89 my top recommendation for treble sensitivity would go to the EL32 tubes as drivers - especially the ST-shaped ones. These have a very natural and non-fatiguing tone with a sweet, detailed yet non harsh treble. But alas these are fairly scarce and not cheap so you would have to scour dark corners of the web (try Hifishark and Geo-ship) to find a good deal. I've also got a feeling somehow KT77 and EL34 may have a similar sound - but only from what I've read having not tried them yet.

Apr 17, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #8,040 of 11,460
That's awesome that you're diggin' my Euforia Richard! And now any doubts any of us may have had that all my 3rd party even unorthodox tube rolling may have harmed the amp can be brushed under the carpet, because I had indeed taken a good few precautions (using socket savers, staying within the max. current draw, avoiding 6336 tubes, correct adapters, using a small fan when needed, etc.). And just to think Richard you're only using the Euforia v1 and so far only with stock class tubes. It only gets better from here!

Richard will also be able to try many 3rd party tubes with a big stash of unneeded adapters I've just mailed him. Adapters for every type we've used except for GU50 which I hadn't got around to. And @connieflyer is this why you're willing to part with so many tubes because you like those the best?

I also told him he can use the 6L6 adapters for 7581 / A, KT66, KT88, KT150, 6L6, (but KT88 and KT150 are for powers only). And will this adapter also work for KT77 and EL34? I see many people around here loving the Genalex Gold Lion KT66 powers with KT77 drivers (but for that you would need 2 more adapters).

I am indeed enjoying the Euforia so far, it is a very capable amp. Treble sensitivity has been a thing for me for as far as I can remember. I can still enjoy it, but it's at very low volumes it seems. It's a shame, I can't really crank up the volume on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back