Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 7, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #7,983 of 11,460
Sorry to hear that you had a potential buyer, and dropped out so quickly. Bodes well for me, as I will be selling mine, after the Anniversary amp gets here. I want to hear both side by side before I sell the Euforia. Good luck with the sale. It is a good product, and the price seems fair.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #7,984 of 11,460
Sorry to hear that you had a potential buyer so quickly. Bodes well for me, as I will be selling mine, after the Anniversary amp gets here. I want to hear both side by side before I sell the Euforia. Good luck with the sale. It is a good product, and the price seems fair.

Oooh, cf...an Anniversary present to yourself...WELL DONE! It will be very interesting indeed to see how you find it in battle with the original. Let's hope this current turmoil doesn't delay things too much lol! :triportsad: In the meantime it'll also be interesting to hear your impressions of a return to the GU50...especially when you can again try the duo KT/GU50 combo per power channel...:ksc75smile:...CJ

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #7,985 of 11,460
Yeah I thought $1050 is a fair price because mine goes back a few years and it's the original version before the price hike. I sold it yesterday to our fellow hobbyist @richard89 who you may remember from the Elise threads, and he should have it by this weekend. Richard feel free to join in here, this is where the F.A. action has been at.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #7,987 of 11,460
Good for you DL, looks like you are set for the next part of your musical journey, and I do remember Richard89 from the other threads. I still message some of the members on the Garage1217 thread. You remember, where we started out before Elise. And of course the resident guru SolderDude. My anniversary amp was supposed to be here just after Easter, but Lukasz said with the virus it may be a little later. He had to divide up the staff to work two shifts to minimize the number of people in one place at a time. Should be here by the end of the month I assume, and then will burn it in, and compare my Euforia to the Anniversary amp, before I sell the Euforia. Looking forward to it.
20150604_095615.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #7,988 of 11,460
Good for you DL, looks like you are set for the next part of your musical journey, and I do remember Richard89 from the other threads. I still message some of the members on the Garage1217 thread. You remember, where we started out before Elise. He started us on tube rolling when he came up with the adapter for nine pin to seven pin tubes. And then he made the dual adapter and rolled all sorts of tubes. It was a good little amp. And of course the resident guru SolderDude. My anniversary amp was supposed to be here just after Easter, but Lukasz said with the virus it may be a little later. He had to divide up the staff to work two shifts to minimize the number of people in one place at a time. Should be here by the end of the month I assume, and then will burn it in, and compare my Euforia to the Anniversary amp, before I sell the Euforia. Looking forward to it.
Wow so Richard89 helped spur on much of momentum for tube rolling in our group? He said he never had the Garage1217 amps though. And who made the dual adapter? My memory is actually worse than some of the elders.

@richard89 you asked me about stock tubes, and I think we can help you much better on the forum. I shipped the Euforia to you with 2 ST (bottle shaped) RCA 6AS7G power tubes and 2 6SN7 GTA driver tubes which is basically a stock compliment. Those RCA 6AS7G tubes are very comparable to the stock tubes which are Russian made Svetlana 6H13C fairly new production power tubes, by memory I would say they have a slightly more realistic timbre than stock, slightly better soundstage and perhaps better handling of rhythm and not as colored. Looks like the stock power tubes now have changed to 6N13S - haven't tried it but to me it looks even more like the RCA 6AS7G; both stock power tubes are types of 6AS7.

And the 6SN7 GTA drivers are a very solid 6SN7 type with spot-on tonality, dynamics, etc. hard to fault for a 6SN7. The current 6SN7 class offered with Euforia is Premium PsVane CV-181 Mk2 “Gold” / or "Silver" PsVane 6SN7. I have actually yet to try the PSVanes, but many have reported positive results. Since you said you're looking to get a feel for the stock tubes I would definitely recommend trying PsVanes, but trying the stock power tubes would be unfruitful vs. the RCA 6AS7G; especially since you're also getting GEC & Bendix 6080. What you have is generally the best you can get for stock-class tubes, aside from perhaps a good foton or authentic 'Bad Body' 6SN7 and GEC 6AS7G powers. Beyond that there are myriads of 'aftermarket' tubes using adapters and even external power we have discovered which bring interesting results to the table which you could explore down the line.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #7,989 of 11,460
Dl, what I said I remember him from other thread ,Elise, and Asked if you remembered tube rolling on Garage1217. The owner of the brand started the adapters.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #7,990 of 11,460
Richard89, if you decide to try the Foton tubes, which I liked better than most of the 6sn7's, I have a pair of low mileage tubes that I used until going down the KT tube route. Also some El32, El11, El12 and many more. Enjoy your time with the Euforia, and very good product to be sure. The latest tube combo for me, a pair of GU50 for drivers, a pair of KT77 and a pair of GU59 as powers. Sounding great so far.
20200410_064734.jpg

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #7,991 of 11,460
Wow @connieflyer that looks like a chemistry lab with those blue coloured tubes. :) I'm amazed at how Euforia has evolved here but hey it's all in the interest of enjoyment. Still enjoying your HD800 I hope. My son brought back the HD800 today and when I plug it into the Studio Six, it's electrifying. Am I the only one who love the unique tone of the HD800? :)

Enjoy and no going out !

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #7,992 of 11,460
Hope everyone is well and safe in these very weird times. The reason for posting is I'm getting a hum when using the Euforia. I only notice it when using either my Utopias (104dB sensitivity) or Stellia's (106dB sensitivity) not when I use my HEKV2's (90dB sensitivity). It's not volume related and doesn't seem to be mains related - I get it whether using a basic Supra distribution block or my Puritan PSM156. Any thoughts?
thanks, Mike

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #7,993 of 11,460
Hope everyone is well and safe in these very weird times. The reason for posting is I'm getting a hum when using the Euforia. I only notice it when using either my Utopias (104dB sensitivity) or Stellia's (106dB sensitivity) not when I use my HEKV2's (90dB sensitivity). It's not volume related and doesn't seem to be mains related - I get it whether using a basic Supra distribution block or my Puritan PSM156. Any thoughts?
thanks, Mike
I had a journey on this topic, catalogued here. First port of call: try some isolation feet. Sometimes the transformer can wobble and make noise in the valves due to the small movements. I started by chopping 2x tennis balls in half and putting them under the amp feet. You can also just quickly see: put headphones on, hear the hum. Lift the amp off the surface it is on (gently!) and see if the hum is the same or gone. As my ranty ref above says, it can be many things, unfortunately. Good luck to you.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #7,994 of 11,460
Hello UT, nice to see you here again,has been awhile. Yes, the GU50's have brought a new dimension to the Euforia. We can thank H for that, the Gu50 I find a little more open,and almost too much on the treble area, but extremely clear and concise. Since that last photo, I swapped the KT77 to the driver position and the quad of GU50 as powers. Better, so then tried a pair of KenRad VT 232 black, and liked this even better. Lowered the treble some made the response more U shaped and more enjoyable. This morning I rolled in the PSvane that came stock with the unit and found it flattened the signal a little more. Of the last two as drivers I think I like the KR better. but will give this combo a couple more hours. 20200410_210524.jpg20200411_062458.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #7,995 of 11,460
Wow @connieflyer that looks like a chemistry lab with those blue coloured tubes. :) I'm amazed at how Euforia has evolved here but hey it's all in the interest of enjoyment. Still enjoying your HD800 I hope. My son brought back the HD800 today and when I plug it into the Studio Six, it's electrifying. Am I the only one who love the unique tone of the HD800? :)

Enjoy and no going out !
UT, am still enjoying the HD800, they are my main phones. I have tried a few others and like them the best. Have had the Senn 650, 700, HiFiman 400i, 560, and the Empreyeans but these I sent back as the bass, on this particular phone distorted at the bottom. Were a little warm for my liking. H loves his, so that comes down to personal choice, and perhaps if mine did not have the distortion I would have gotten to enjoy them more. But always come back to the 800. Have a friend that was into phones for a few years, was over for some music demo. When he tried on the 800, you could see that wow factor on his face, and knew he was lost! I ended up buying a gently used pair, and gave him mine. They are a special phone, you need to give them a little time, and they reveal so much of the music. The blue comes from the adapters that H made, and he inserted a blue led in the bottom of the sockets. Pretty cool. H made the dual adapters as well. Great job too. Hope you and the family are doing well with this virus. Nasty stuff. Have not heard on the news any more about the fires over your way, since with the media once they get some news they beat it to death, and nothing else matters. Take good care my friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back