Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
May 20, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #10,396 of 11,473
May 22, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #10,397 of 11,473
I was considering the Feliks Euforia AE to go with my Naim Atom HE & Meze Elite... I also have a Chord Hugo 2.

Will the Euforia AE run the Elites at their best or just ok? Given the rep of OTL Tube Amps not running planar headphones I don't want to pickup the Euforia AE if it isn't going to run them at their best... cheers

May 22, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #10,398 of 11,473
I was considering the Feliks Euforia AE to go with my Naim Atom HE & Meze Elite... I also have a Chord Hugo 2.

Will the Euforia AE run the Elites at their best or just ok? Given the rep of OTL Tube Amps not running planar headphones I don't want to pickup the Euforia AE if it isn't going to run them at their best... cheers
Runs Elite spectacularly for me. Stock tubes are fine, and rolling scales well with the headphones. Favorite roll is Gold Lion KT88 drivers, and dual TS KT150 and 5998 for the powers. Obviously needs splitters, adapters, and external tube current supply for this, but insanely good. The KT150s actually add a little too much bass, but it’s so clear, that I don’t care.

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #10,399 of 11,473
@incredulousity This sounds very promising 👍🏻 Thanks for the feedback, really helps a lot.

Couple of other questions if you don'y mind

1. If using the RCA out of the Naim Atom HE, can I use that to control the volume or, will I be fixing the volume with the HE and using the volume dial on the Euforia AE?
2. How would you describe the Euforia with the Elite regarding transparency... 0 being very transparent & 10 as being very warm?
3. Is there any background noise or is it completely silent/black?

And... a general question for anyone, are there any issues with good quality tube availability? I recall seeing some saying some tubes are becoming rare, hard to find and... being a complete Tube novice I have zero idea 😂

Thanks again!

May 22, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #10,401 of 11,473
Excellent, thanks. The Naim Atom HE is inky black with the option to adjust the grounding so I don't expect any problems from that. My H2 setup uses power banks etc so again, that should be good.

Looks like I'll go for the AE when I get back from a trip away... looking forward to this :gs1000smile:

May 22, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #10,402 of 11,473
And... a general question for anyone, are there any issues with good quality tube availability? I recall seeing some saying some tubes are becoming rare, hard to find and... being a complete Tube novice I have zero idea 😂

Thanks again!
Tube availability is excellent but getting a bit pricey for the unicorns.

The military VT-231’s have a following. I have a pair of Sylvania VT-231’s that sound amazing in the Euforia. Others have had success with RCA, Ken-Rad, National Union, etc. LOTS of great options on the 6SN7’s. The unicorns are Melz 1578’s (late 50’s or early 60’s) and the Tung Sol Black Glass Round Plate (BGRP).

For the power tubes, the GEC 6080 are a huge step up from the stock tubes. The unicorns are Tung Sol 5998 or Western Electric 421A.

May 23, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #10,403 of 11,473
Tube availability is excellent but getting a bit pricey for the unicorns.

The military VT-231’s have a following. I have a pair of Sylvania VT-231’s that sound amazing in the Euforia. Others have had success with RCA, Ken-Rad, National Union, etc. LOTS of great options on the 6SN7’s. The unicorns are Melz 1578’s (late 50’s or early 60’s) and the Tung Sol Black Glass Round Plate (BGRP).

For the power tubes, the GEC 6080 are a huge step up from the stock tubes. The unicorns are Tung Sol 5998 or Western Electric 421A.
Thanks for that, that's really useful as I no doubt will add some of these after I've ran in the normal tubes/amp. You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on this though... do all those fit without an adapter? Cheers.

May 23, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #10,405 of 11,473
Yes, they all fit without an adapter.
Yes I try to keep things simple and stick with drop in replacements. If you read through this thread and the 6SN7 tube rolling thread there are lots of very cool tubes that can be used with adapters, some of which require external power supplies.

May 23, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #10,406 of 11,473
Best laid plans and all that. As they say, plans often got awol after first contact. In this instance, first contact with my Feliks dealer and the Eurforia AE ended up as an Oak Envy! Just waiting on a delivery date… I was told it’ll be about 5 weeks or so! Can’t wait 😊

May 23, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #10,407 of 11,473
Best laid plans and all that. As they say, plans often got awol after first contact. In this instance, first contact with my Feliks dealer and the Eurforia AE ended up as an Oak Envy! Just waiting on a delivery date… I was told it’ll be about 5 weeks or so! Can’t wait 😊
Wow. That is the epic upsell.

May 23, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #10,408 of 11,473
Tell me about it. Well, I had a stash after selling a load of gear so I thought, what the hell. Like the Meze Elite stopped me thinking about other headphones, I’m hoping this will stop me thinking about other amps… I know, famous last words and all that 😂

May 23, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #10,409 of 11,473
Tell me about it. Well, I had a stash after selling a load of gear so I thought, what the hell. Like the Meze Elite stopped me thinking about other headphones, I’m hoping this will stop me thinking about other amps… I know, famous last words and all that 😂
I’m sure I’ll envy the Envy enough to get one at some point. Maybe I’ll buy the first available buyer’s regret one that appears in the forum!

And I just ought a second Elite, because I need one for my secondary locations as well.

May 23, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #10,410 of 11,473
Good thing, you can never have too much Meze Elite 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back