Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #8,164 of 11,473
Was the weak points related to the sound or just build and function? my preference over the two is the Euforia
Both a bit, soundwise it lacked space and detail for me with my Verite. I was quite shocked when my Hugo 2 arrived and blasted Burson Conductor 3X in every term as a DAC and as an AMP (not in power, but in clearity)

I was unhappy with permanent hiss both with some headphones and iems. Also it made zz zz when the oled screen was blinking. And I hated the fact that a 2.200 € item has a volume knob that jumps around: you turn 2 clicks up, it turns one down one up totally random. I was happy to sell them

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #8,165 of 11,473
Both a bit, soundwise it lacked space and detail for me with my Verite. I was quite shocked when my Hugo 2 arrived and blasted Burson Conductor 3X in every term as a DAC and as an AMP (not in power, but in clearity)

I was unhappy with permanent hiss both with some headphones and iems. Also it made zz zz when the oled screen was blinking. And I hated the fact that a 2.200 € item has a volume knob that jumps around: you turn 2 clicks up, it turns one down one up totally random. I was happy to sell them
Thanks for the feedback. The Euforia it is then :)

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #8,166 of 11,473
With the new Anniversary amp, best tubes rolled so far are the Kt77 driver and KT88 powers. Beat even the El 38 Dario's, quite surprised. One thing with this amp the tube sockets are very tight. If you manage to seat a tube all the way down, it will be difficult to remove. That is why for now did not bother with slight lean on the KT77 20200616_200649.jpg

Jun 17, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #8,168 of 11,473
You are correct, they were a favorite on the Euforia, and equally so on this anniversary amp. Better? Somewhat, slightly different rendition. But piano does seem to hit better on the new amp

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #8,169 of 11,473
Well, this is a surprise. After running this configuration most of the day. Gave it rest for an hour or two. Pulled the KT77 and replaced with KT66, and whoa what a complete surprise. Total transformation! Bass is crazy deep, clear and no distortion at all. Vocals are great . Just listening to Thirty Seconds to Mars' Walk on Water, and the entire bass line is clear as can be. Had run this combo as well as a quad of KT66's on the regular Euforia and never heard it like this. The difference in circutry and components have messed with my tube choices. This is going to take longer than I thought. This is pre out and headphone use. New respect for the changes, they do make a difference with the choice of tubes, but you can not swap old favorites to new amp and expect to get same results. Thought it odd how good it sounded with stock tubes. Going to let this combo mellow in for a day or two, maybe a week would be better. I will try swapping in another pair of KT66 and KT88's and see if there is any difference. Upgrade in price is looking more amenable now.

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #8,170 of 11,473
Hey music lovers :)

I have been using the Verite Open (Silkwood) with the Questyle CMA 400i for the past 6 months. Everything was fine until two months.. everything sounded plain and I had a feeling that this is not how the VO should sound. I took the jump 2 weeks ago by upgrading to the CMA Twelve Master, and I never knew that an amp could make such a huge difference. It was like listening to a completely different headphone... the mids, the bass, soundstage, imaging.. it's surreal!

I have been thinking of getting my very first tube amp for some time now... and I kept on reading how Feliks tube amps pairs really well with ZMF headphones. I have narrowed it down to 3 amps (Auris HA2 SE, Feliks Elise, Feliks Euforia). Even though I can't demo these units.. I feel that the Elise will suit the sound I'm going for at this moment in time.. which is smooth, warm, tubey sound (really curious about what this sound like).

I kind of want the Euforia since it's Feliks' flagship.. although I heard it's linear and bright as opposed to the warmth of Elise.
I plan on using the Twelve Master's DAC for now.. and eventually upgrade it to a standalone DAC such as the Qutest or Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro.
I do see myself using the amp for a long time, and the only other headphones that I intend to get in the future are the other ZMF headphones such as the Aeolus and Verite Closed. Please kindly let me know your thoughts, I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Thank you so much!

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #8,171 of 11,473
Hey music lovers :)

I have been using the Verite Open (Silkwood) with the Questyle CMA 400i for the past 6 months. Everything was fine until two months.. everything sounded plain and I had a feeling that this is not how the VO should sound. I took the jump 2 weeks ago by upgrading to the CMA Twelve Master, and I never knew that an amp could make such a huge difference. It was like listening to a completely different headphone... the mids, the bass, soundstage, imaging.. it's surreal!

I have been thinking of getting my very first tube amp for some time now... and I kept on reading how Feliks tube amps pairs really well with ZMF headphones. I have narrowed it down to 3 amps (Auris HA2 SE, Feliks Elise, Feliks Euforia). Even though I can't demo these units.. I feel that the Elise will suit the sound I'm going for at this moment in time.. which is smooth, warm, tubey sound (really curious about what this sound like).

I kind of want the Euforia since it's Feliks' flagship.. although I heard it's linear and bright as opposed to the warmth of Elise.
I plan on using the Twelve Master's DAC for now.. and eventually upgrade it to a standalone DAC such as the Qutest or Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro.
I do see myself using the amp for a long time, and the only other headphones that I intend to get in the future are the other ZMF headphones such as the Aeolus and Verite Closed. Please kindly let me know your thoughts, I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Thank you so much!
Well, as you can see from my signature we have similar brand preferences. :) I do not own Verite but am absolutely thrilled with Matrix X Sabre Pro --> Elise --> Auteur. I actually don't find Elise as "tubey" as some tube amps I've heard but it is far more euphonic than my previous iFi solid state gear. In addition, Elise responds very well to tube rolling with some combo's sounding nearly solid state (using TS 7236 powers in particular), others more consistent with what I've heard from other "tubey" amps. I'm sure others can weigh in but suspect Euforia can produce different "flavors" as well depending upon tube complement used. Either way, it sounds like you're on a good path...enjoy!

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #8,172 of 11,473
Well, as you can see from my signature we have similar brand preferences. :) I do not own Verite but am absolutely thrilled with Matrix X Sabre Pro --> Elise --> Auteur. I actually don't find Elise as "tubey" as some tube amps I've heard but it is far more euphonic than my previous iFi solid state gear. In addition, Elise responds very well to tube rolling with some combo's sounding nearly solid state (using TS 7236 powers in particular), others more consistent with what I've heard from other "tubey" amps. I'm sure others can weigh in but suspect Euforia can produce different "flavors" as well depending upon tube complement used. Either way, it sounds like you're on a good path...enjoy!

Thank you!
How does your current setup sound like?

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #8,173 of 11,473
On the front is the headphone jack - this is for using the headphones.
On the back are the RCA preamp out jacks. Just connect the cables to your amp /receiver and now you can use the Euforia as a preamp.
And if you want to, you can use both together (there are people who like to use speakers together with headphones). However, using both together could affect the volume.
Thanks, was hoping there was a switch, don't want my headphones running when using it as a pre amp. I will just unplug the cans.

Anyway I have received my amp and it is beautiful, also went a bit silly and got some meze empyeans.

Will post some impressions after burn in. But I can say life is good 😉

IMG_20200618_175351.jpg
IMG_20200618_175725.jpg

Jun 18, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #8,174 of 11,473
Thanks, was hoping there was a switch, don't want my headphones running when using it as a pre amp. I will just unplug the cans.

Anyway I have received my amp and it is beautiful, also went a bit silly and got some meze empyeans.

Will post some impressions after burn in. But I can say life is good 😉

IMG_20200618_175351.jpgIMG_20200618_175725.jpg
Nice WE 421a's. I've been hunting for a pair but they all are quite pricey.

BTW, do they really improve with the tube dampers? I used some Herbie's dampers a while back and couldn't really detect a difference.

Jun 18, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #8,175 of 11,473

Users who are viewing this thread

Back