Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Aug 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,736 of 11,460
Hi @connieflyer, which GECs are you looking to part with? Also, I still got a pair of TFK EL12 on sale if you're interested (plus a pair of Siemens EL12n but I know you're all set with these), all my other ELs are gone. If you want to keep this private drop me a pm; tried to do so myself but apparently there's a privacy issue that won't let me reach you.

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,737 of 11,460
I knew it... did my own research when I was putting them up for sale on eBay. Probably have to lower the price now... Thanks though, much appreciated.

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #3,738 of 11,460
The Soekris dac1541looks fairly interesting in this regard. @Torq has had some experience with it in his "Life after Yggdrasil" thread on the other forum (which, apparently, cannot be named here?) and there are certainly some interesting traits to consider.

First, I would hope that all could agree there are many paths to audio excellence. The path we owners of an FA amp have taken is just one of those paths.

When I first started getting into high end audio in the early 70s I had a 40 watt per channel, solid state Marantz receiver powering a pair of the original Bose 901 speakers. I loved that system. But high-end audio quickly began moving into separates. Partly, I think, because people wanted flexibility and the ability to change preamp and amps, without having to change both. And partly, because there seemed a belief that separates benefited from separate power supplies. I have no idea is the latter still holds true today. The former certainly still is a consideration.

If I were starting all over today, I would probably make the 5-hour drive to Los Angeles to visit the Shittir store and listen to the Yggy/Rag stack. If I liked it, and it was within my budget, I probably would buy it. Particularly, with the alternative being to order an amp from Poland without benefit of audition or right of return.

But having taken the FA route for my amp I have no regrets, nor the need to consider other alternatives. That is mainly due to the fact that I love my Euforia, but also due to other personal considerations. Everyone has to choose their own path or paths and I try to respect each person’s choice as long as they don’t insist theirs is the only way and try to cram it down my throat. I don’t see any reason competing amps (separates or part of a DAC-amp combo) can’t be discussed on this thread. But I would hope that we keep in mind that on most HeadFi threads dedicated to a particular product or group of products from the same manufacturer it is common practice to focus on the purpose for which the thread was created, and to the extent we want to give serious consideration or discuss in detail products in competition with FA we do the work necessary to find each of the different threads dedicated to the competing product or products we may be interested in, and continue to focus here on Euforia or other FA amps.

Sorry angpsi. This is not directed at you. Your post just brought up these thoughts for me.

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #3,739 of 11,460
First, I would hope that all could agree there are many paths to audio excellence. The path we owners of an FA amp have taken is just one of those paths.

When I first started getting into high end audio in the early 70s I had a 40 watt per channel, solid state Marantz receiver powering a pair of the original Bose 901 speakers. I loved that system. But high-end audio quickly began moving into separates. Partly, I think, because people wanted flexibility and the ability to change preamp and amps, without having to change both. And partly, because there seemed a belief that separates benefited from separate power supplies. I have no idea is the latter still holds true today. The former certainly still is a consideration.

If I were starting all over today, I would probably make the 5-hour drive to Los Angeles to visit the ****tir store and listen to the Yggy/Rag stack. If I liked it, and it was within my budget, I probably would buy it. Particularly, with the alternative being to order an amp from Poland without benefit of audition or right of return.

But having taken the FA route for my amp I have no regrets, nor the need to consider other alternatives. That is mainly due to the fact that I love my Euforia, but also due to other personal considerations. Everyone has to choose their own path or paths and I try to respect each person’s choice as long as they don’t insist theirs is the only way and try to cram it down my throat. I don’t see any reason competing amps (separates or part of a DAC-amp combo) can’t be discussed on this thread. But I would hope that we keep in mind that on most HeadFi threads dedicated to a particular product or group of products from the same manufacturer it is common practice to focus on the purpose for which the thread was created, and to the extent we want to give serious consideration or discuss in detail products in competition with FA we do the work necessary to find each of the different threads dedicated to the competing product or products we may be interested in, and continue to focus here on Euforia or other FA amps.

Sorry angpsi. This is not directed at you. Your post just brought up these thoughts for me.
Don't worry Pct, no offence taken. My other option was to tell you to keep an eye for these Melz tubes; a large part of those available on eBay are being sold by an Ukrainian seller! :ksc75smile:

Aug 6, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #3,740 of 11,460
Don't worry Pct, no offence taken. My other option was to tell you to keep an eye for these Melz tubes; a large part of those available on eBay are being sold by an Ukrainian seller! :ksc75smile:

Ha))) Ukraine is probably 2 or 3 months down the road. By then I may have to clear any tube purchase with Russian authorities :ksc75smile:

Aug 6, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,741 of 11,460
Thank you pct.

If anybody really likes it, please share on your social media. These kids could use the approvals.
They really deserve it too.

Great album, Aqsw. Liked and shared it in social media...and let me tell you, my daughter Sandra is also lead singer in a group, a very good one, more into modern jazz /pop than rock. They perform from time to time in nice jazz clubs and the like. She already recorded a few songs, and they are after a deal with music studios for a full production...so I know how difficult it is (for any new group) to record a whole CD and have it published...congrats to your daughter !! cheers

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,742 of 11,460
Great album, Aqsw. Liked and shared it in social media...and let me tell you, my daughter Sandra is also lead singer in a group, a very good one, more into modern jazz /pop than rock. They perform from time to time in nice jazz clubs and the like. She already recorded a few songs, and they are after a deal with music studios for a full production...so I know how difficult it is (for any new group) to record a whole CD and have it published...congrats to your daughter !! cheers

Best wishes to both your daughter and @aqsw's...it must indeed be an extremely difficult sphere to get a good foothold in. I hope their efforts are well rewarded! Don't have much truck with 'social media', I'm afraid (apart from here with you guys!!), so my own support will have to remain 'transcendental' lol!! :L3000:...CHEERS!...CJ

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,743 of 11,460
Glen Campbell had very close ties to Phoenix. I have so many memories that are associated with his music. Very sad news for me. May he rest in peace.

He and Jimmy Webb were an unbeatable combination.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #3,744 of 11,460
An unbeatable combination of talent always enjoyed their music

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,745 of 11,460
In doing some research on 120V/240V step-up step-down transformers I came across this interesting new thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/top...-affordably-clean-power.857448/#post-13650110

It deals more with the subject of power isolation transformers, but I did find some interesting information on transformers that would serve both for noise isolation and step-up/step-down. The Topaz transformers apparently are no longer made, but used ones can be found with some searching.

Many have to be hand wired at the front and back ends with the proper plug and receptacle. I would not try that myself, but would look to a qualified electrician or other professional. Also there is an interesting Amazon link for a device that can measure total wattage use by a system.

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,746 of 11,460
@connieflyer Seeings that you and I are the last two left here to fold up the chairs and lock the doors, just wondering if you remember these:

After we secure the doors, let's go grab a beer :gs1000smile:

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #3,747 of 11,460
Funny, you should select the fleetwoods I was just listening to them the other day. Going through some of the old copies of music that I had , nice to listen to some of the good old music. And we might be considered the last ones around if we keep listening to this stuff! I think there'll still be a few around occasionally, hope all is well with you

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #3,748 of 11,460
Sounds good on the "secure the doors" and go have a beer! Have not heard that phrase about securing the doors in many, many moons! I think the country is not in as good a shape as President Trump let's on. I just got a call letting me know that our "unit is being recalled to service" If this is true, we are in baddddd shape!

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #3,749 of 11,460
Sounds good on the "secure the doors" and go have a beer! Have not heard that phrase about securing the doors in many, many moons! I think the country is not in as good a shape as President Trump let's on. I just got a call letting me know that our "unit is being recalled to service" If this is true, we are in baddddd shape!

OMG. I need to find a place underground to hide. Somehow thinking of you as our last line of defense is not exactly reassuring :triportsad:

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #3,750 of 11,460
Oh come on now! I still remember what the drill is when we went to a 4.0 Barrier when President Kennedy was shot! Fun fun fun, 14-15 hour barrier flight, land, 3-6 hours post flight docs and repair, 6 hours sleep and chow hall, and back for another barrier flight. They thought at the time it was the Russians, and WW3 was going to start. Exciting times. Here is one for you, if you are old enough to remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Back