Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #3,241 of 11,460
xDDDD

But size does not matter, in fact I am probably more interested in the little brother (6080?) right next to your palm-filling monster in the first picture.
What is the difference, by the way?

Omg do you not read all my posts? You're missing out Mr Tunkejazz.

Here, I shall refer you to my power tubes thesis.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/f...rt-please-read-first-post-for-summary.813488/

In particular, I shall quote UT ......

GEC 6080 - ha a pretender to the throne, he almost succeeded but not quite. Might have the same GEC name but not really there compared to big brother GEC 6as7g. However at this level, you're comparing Lamborghini and Ferrari. For layman like me, I'll drive either one without complaining. Unfortunately I'm not a layman, so my vote is the GEC 6as7g.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #3,243 of 11,460
Omg do you not read all my posts? You're missing out Mr Tunkejazz.

Here, I shall refer you to my power tubes thesis.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/feliks-audio-elise-impressions-thread-–-a-new-start-please-read-first-post-for-summary.813488/

In particular, I shall quote UT ......

GEC 6080 - ha a pretender to the throne, he almost succeeded but not quite. Might have the same GEC name but not really there compared to big brother GEC 6as7g. However at this level, you're comparing Lamborghini and Ferrari. For layman like me, I'll drive either one without complaining. Unfortunately I'm not a layman, so my vote is the GEC 6as7g.
That is a hell of a bad ass big brother... :wink:
Thanks for the link.

I really do not know how to reply to this. I'm not even going to try.

Yes, we better leave it as it is :wink:

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #3,244 of 11,460
I see. So now I'm financing a worldwide loaner program of any and every crazy idea UT comes up with. I'm retiring to Santorini Island - which BTW is where I lost my JVC video camera like the one in the first Back to the Future movie :triportsad:

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,246 of 11,460
I see. So now I'm financing a worldwide loaner program of any and every crazy idea UT comes up with. I'm retiring to Santorini Island - which BTW is where I lost my JVC video camera like the one in the first Back to the Future movie :triportsad:

If you ever doubt me again, don't. I want you to look at this picture and think about the words carefully.

maxresdefault13.jpg

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,248 of 11,460
RCA 6AS7G

All right, let's get back on topic and that means either Euforia, Elise, tubes, headphones or DACs.....

Today I'm going to convince you that this is the best value power tube you can get for your OTL amp. Never mind that the amp in the picture is not Euforia. Just think of it as the Malice.

RCA 6as7g is the epitome of the qualities in a 6as7. Scale, grandeur, warmth. lushness, timbre, big bottom perfection, smooth out your HD800 and T1.

Remember there is a commonality between the RCA 6as7g and GEC 6as7g. One is made in America and the other made in United Kingdom. They both spot the designation 6as7. Grab a pair please, if you're a self respecting tube roller.

Ps.... remember they turn your HD800 into LCD2.2 :wink:

20170625_083331.jpg

Omg, Malice sounds so good, I'm cringing.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,249 of 11,460
@hypnos1 Based on everything I've seen I think you and UT both call things as you hear them without a lot of bias. I think Schiit is going to be at London CamJam. Maybe you can listen to Yiggy if you have a chance and let us know what you think in comparison to Hugo2. Let the chips fall where they may - I always say. :)

Of course you're right, pct....I'm sure we would both be as impartial as is humanly possible...(but aren't we humans dreadfully flawed, lol?!!! :wink:...hence my plea to Oskari!!! :ksc75smile:...).

As for trying to achieve any kind of accurate, meaningful assessment at such venues as CanJam...extremely unlikely, I fear!! Different gear/environment/ambient noise etc.etc....no way Jose, alas! Plus, I doubt the Chord stands are right next to Ssshhhh, and certainly won't be using identical setups! Plus, I don't intend carting my 24kg ASF3000 and Euforia + T1s from the East Coast across London to Westminster...not even for you wonderful guys, I'm afraid!!! The only reason I'm going at all is to meet up with Lukasz and family, plus swap notes with Acapella11 (who probably will be able to assess the two DACs far better than I!), and hopefully other members I manage to recognise from past local meets.
However, I shall indeed try my best to get some idea at least of their respective merits...wish me luck lol!!

If anybody wonders what that was:

Thanks once again O for the reminder...and pay no heed to those who have no soul!!! :confounded: :wink:...

After 'we' buy the power station, we'll buy these Tung Sauce. I say 'we' because from here on, it's joint venture, irrespective of our preference. That means we have to buy both 'Hugo 2' and 'Yggdrasil' (you hear that @hypnos1 ? ) and put it on the loaner program for all readers here to sample and give their opinion. Btw, those on the loaner program need to pay $200 as membership fee. @connieflyer you're in charge of the loaner program.

Also on the loaner program are an upgraded Elise and Euforia, Tung Sol 6sn7gt BGRP and GEC 6as7g, Focal Utopia, Abyss AB-1266, that even grandma appreciates....

Hmmm UT...methinks it would need to be 2 thousand dollars membership lol!! But on second thoughts, with @connieflyer in charge, methinks Connor might just be getting a few diamond-studded collars for Christmas!!!...(lucky pooch!)...:darthsmile:

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #3,250 of 11,460
As for trying to achieve any kind of accurate, meaningful assessment at such venues as CanJam...extremely unlikely, I fear!!

I agree 100%. For your info, at the last Sydney meet, I audition the Yggdrasil and Ragnorak combo with HD800 and MrSpeaker Ether Flow C with Chord Hugo TT.

Now, I was not impressed with either BUT when I walk back to my setup with the humble NAD d1050, Euforia and Focal Utopia, I had the Xanadu moment.

However now in the confines of my executive chair and L-shaped desk in my Oval Office in the Blue Room, this setup left me gasping for breath.

Onkyo transport > Yggdrasil > Euforia > Sylvania 6sn7w + Gec 6as7g > HD800.