Feliks Audio Espressivo / Espressivo MKII OTL Tube Amp Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #46 of 232
20180330_185236.jpg

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #47 of 232
Seeing that this amp have the same tube complement as the Valhalla, do check out the 5670/2C51/6N3 series of tubes with adapters of course. Some old 6N23P ‘70s to early ‘80s sound great. For the output tubes, you can try the 6N6P-IR if the amp can handle the extra current draw.

Mar 31, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #49 of 232
Apr 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #51 of 232
Apr 7, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #53 of 232
You were right, ifi 6922 tubes is a no go with esprissivo mk2, big time humming! I did buy a pair of RCA and they sound great.

Not a no go, but you need to remove the capacitor they put on the adaptors to solve the hum.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #55 of 232
How do I do that, I was just going to send them back for a refund.

Probably cheaper to send them back for a refund and buy regular adaptors from China and some 5670 tubes.

You need to be able to desolder the small surface mount capacitors which you can see on the circuit board of the ifi adaptors.

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 232
Hey guys,
I just jumped on board and picked up an Espressivo MKII. I have a collection of compatible tubes I've been using with my Schiit Lyr 2 and will gladly let you know my impressions while using them with the espressivo after I get the espressivo later this week. I've also contacted Feliks and asked what the maximum safe heater current rating is when rolling driver tubes and am waiting to hear back. There should be no problem rolling 6C8G, 6SL7, 7F7, or 6N9S with adapters as the heater current ratings are similar, I'll try later this week and report back. The other tubes in question with higher heater current ratings hopefully I'll have an answer soon. If anyone here already has answers to these questions please let me know.

Thanks for this thread! If it wasn't for this thread I probably would have over looked the espressivo.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #59 of 232
Hey guys,
I just jumped on board and picked up an Espressivo MKII. I have a collection of compatible tubes I've been using with my Schiit Lyr 2 and will gladly let you know my impressions while using them with the espressivo after I get the espressivo later this week. I've also contacted Feliks and asked what the maximum safe heater current rating is when rolling driver tubes and am waiting to hear back. There should be no problem rolling 6C8G, 6SL7, 7F7, or 6N9S with adapters as the heater current ratings are similar, I'll try later this week and report back. The other tubes in question with higher heater current ratings hopefully I'll have an answer soon. If anyone here already has answers to these questions please let me know.

Thanks for this thread! If it wasn't for this thread I probably would have over looked the espressivo.

Great to have another Espressivo owner here!

Only tubes I've been told will work in the power tube department are the C3G and EL3N.

Driver tubes there are likely lots that will work (6SN7 are reported to work well) :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #60 of 232
I just heard back from Feliks. 400mA is the highest recommended heater current for the MKII. That rules out 6SN7 and its equivalents for use in the MKII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back