Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #6,346 of 6,869
Asked about those "lines" next to top supporter brackets in tube from WE. Got following answer (sent this picture I posted here earlier). So based on this now need to worry :)

"The Western Electric 300B is mostly made by hand. There is normal variance from one tube to the next. The image you shared does not show any defects and will not affect tube performance in any way."

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #6,347 of 6,869
Asked about those "lines" next to top supporter brackets in tube from WE. Got following answer (sent this picture I posted here earlier). So based on this now need to worry :)

"The Western Electric 300B is mostly made by hand. There is normal variance from one tube to the next. The image you shared does not show any defects and will not affect tube performance in any way."
Lyric Audio have sent me the UPS shipping label and will arrange for the collection of my damaged tubes. They’re expecting new stock from WE this week and will ship to me once they’ve inspected them.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #6,348 of 6,869
Back again to tap this group for all the knowledge I've tried to derive from the 424 pages thus far....

Decided to go with the Envy but still have some serious questions as I don't have the funds to level up all at once. I was going to sell my HD800s but love the soundstage and thought they might shine w the Envy but endgame is the Susvara after I heard them at CanJam NYC. Also selling my current WA7 to upgrade my DAC so hoping to do the following in steps (and as funds allow):

1. Get Envy amp and run through WA7 DAC via RCA via USB from MacBook TIDAL -> enjoy real power to HD800s
2. Sell WA7 to replace with TBD DAC/Streamer - was looking at Mytek BB2 but not sure synergy w Envy
3. Make ears happy by adding Susvara's to my HP collection
4. Upgrade Envy tubes to WE's = ENDGAME

However, a few questions have come up where I could use some input:
1. Is anyone using Mytek BB2 with the Envy? via XLR or RCA? would love some feedback here
2. Once I sell my WA7, not sure where to run my JH Audio IEMs out of - wouldn't the Envy be massive overkill even on low gain? BB2 would be too I would think? Suggestions welcome.
3. Still teetering between Envy PE or SE as I think from the "sounds" of it on this thread, the WE tubes are after my heart and would be my endgame addition to the Envy. If I am going to upgrade in time to the WE's, is it worth the PE out of the gate?

Sorry for all the lists and questions but it is a big investment for me and any help is appreciated!

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #6,349 of 6,869
Can only answer 3 & 4, both Storm and Z1r have no issues out of Envy on low gain. I really like the stock tube combo of PE but never heard stock edition. I'd say you couldn't go wrong getting PE then take your time for rolling tubes as budget allows.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #6,350 of 6,869
If you are going to go WE, I'd suggest you buy the SE, save the $$$ for PE and you are that much closer to snagging the WE!

I knew I'd be buying Elrogs for the Envy.
The upgraded copper wire was no big deal (IMO) and not where I wanted to spend money. The somewhat better tubes I knew I'd never use made this a simple choice.......at least for me.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #6,351 of 6,869
Back again to tap this group for all the knowledge I've tried to derive from the 424 pages thus far....

Decided to go with the Envy but still have some serious questions as I don't have the funds to level up all at once. I was going to sell my HD800s but love the soundstage and thought they might shine w the Envy but endgame is the Susvara after I heard them at CanJam NYC. Also selling my current WA7 to upgrade my DAC so hoping to do the following in steps (and as funds allow):

1. Get Envy amp and run through WA7 DAC via RCA via USB from MacBook TIDAL -> enjoy real power to HD800s
2. Sell WA7 to replace with TBD DAC/Streamer - was looking at Mytek BB2 but not sure synergy w Envy

1. Is anyone using Mytek BB2 with the Envy? via XLR or RCA? would love some feedback here
2. Once I sell my WA7, not sure where to run my JH Audio IEMs out of - wouldn't the Envy be massive overkill even on low gain? BB2 would be too I would think? Suggestions welcome.
3. Still teetering between Envy PE or SE as I think from the "sounds" of it on this thread, the WE tubes are after my heart and would be my endgame addition to the Envy. If I am going to upgrade in time to the WE's, is it worth the PE out of the gate?

Sorry for all the lists and questions but it is a big investment for me and any help is appreciated!
Don’t sell your Sennheiser’s, they are great out of Envy.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #6,352 of 6,869
Asking in both May and Envy threads...would stacking an Envy on top of a Holo May cause too much heat in the May? I've heard the May runs hot but I have a space issue on my desk! The May manual doesn't mention any advice on this.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #6,353 of 6,869
Cold PM'd by someone asking if I'm still looking for Elrog MOs. Profile only joined on Sunday, no classifieds feedback, no postings, yet they're going through closed Classifieds 'Want to Buy' listings?? Sounds good :rolling_eyes:

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not fancying the prospect of sending this person thousands over Paypal. I'll wait and see their response later. Might be legit....

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #6,354 of 6,869
Cold PM'd by someone asking if I'm still looking for Elrog MOs. Profile only joined on Sunday, no classifieds feedback, no postings, yet they're going through closed Classifieds 'Want to Buy' listings?? Sounds good :rolling_eyes:

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not fancying the prospect of sending this person thousands over Paypal. I'll wait and see their response later. Might be legit....
Yeah be wary!

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #6,355 of 6,869

If you are going to upgrade to WE tubes immediately, then probably better to use the savings from the SE version towards the WEs. If it will be a while before the upgrade, the PE will be better and the upgraded Full Music tubes will hold you over for a while. The upgraded wiring may or may not add more clarity to your system.

Definitely keep the 800s, they are great on Envy. Add Susvara and look no further. Doesn't get much better than Envy and Susvara to me. Combination also sounds great with vinyl.

You only mentioned upgrading power tubes but upgrading driver tubes will transform your listening experience as well.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #6,356 of 6,869
Received confirmation by WE today, that they received my warranty cards and the tubes are registred for extended 5 year warranty now.

Asked for the confirmation like 2 hours ago, they been very quick with the reply.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #6,357 of 6,869
If you are going to upgrade to WE tubes immediately, then probably better to use the savings from the SE version towards the WEs. If it will be a while before the upgrade, the PE will be better and the upgraded Full Music tubes will hold you over for a while. The upgraded wiring may or may not add more clarity to your system.

Definitely keep the 800s, they are great on Envy. Add Susvara and look no further. Doesn't get much better than Envy and Susvara to me. Combination also sounds great with vinyl.

You only mentioned upgrading power tubes but upgrading driver tubes will transform your listening experience as well.
Yes. It is going to be some time before I can get the WE’s and driver tube upgrades might be the icing on the cake in the far future. Thank you for the heads up!

Looking forward to hearing a properly driven 800 as well and agree w the Susvara’s it is super endgame magic!

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #6,358 of 6,869
Asking in both May and Envy threads...would stacking an Envy on top of a Holo May cause too much heat in the May? I've heard the May runs hot but I have a space issue on my desk! The May manual doesn't mention any advice on this.
I would not do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back