Feliks Audio ENVY
Nov 5, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #4,711 of 6,869
For those who like DIY with hardware tools I built this "tubes stand". Motivation was to have my favorites driver tubes always at hand but I also liked how it looks over my desk :relieved:, so I can watch my preciooooooooss all day long. I used a wooden block of 2x4 cm cross section, a jigsaw and a drill bit of 20mm.

1699182515034.jpeg

1699182529549.jpeg

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #4,713 of 6,869
Hello, are you using the ADI 2 DAC via XLR in the Envy? I imagine that to be a good match. Analytical DAC and musical amp. I would be interested in your impressions.
@The Marc, never heard ADI or any other ESS/AKM based DACs with Envy, but all DACs I have audition with Envy and I've been pairing with are very musical - something I've only heard a hint of with ESS DAC in McIntosh MHA150 and I suspect this was more of their amp than DAC itself. One very detailed and therfore could be also called analytical DAC I like but I haven't header it with Envy (but others recommend) is Mola Mola Tambaqui.

My point is that if you are after analytical sound, while Envy is detailed and great for long critical listening session IMHO, this may not be the best match for you. If you would like to have a hint of tube warmth that you may look at solid state amps that sound a bit like tube ones or you could try to add a tube buffer. AuroraSound HEADA is such solid state amp.

The question is what would you like to achieve pairing ADI with Envy?

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #4,714 of 6,869
@The Marc, never heard ADI or any other ESS/AKM based DACs with Envy, but all DACs I have audition with Envy and I've been pairing with are very musical - something I've only heard a hint of with ESS DAC in McIntosh MHA150 and I suspect this was more of their amp than DAC itself. One very detailed and therfore could be also called analytical DAC I like but I haven't header it with Envy (but others recommend) is Mola Mola Tambaqui.

My point is that if you are after analytical sound, while Envy is detailed and great for long critical listening session IMHO, this may not be the best match for you. If you would like to have a hint of tube warmth that you may look at solid state amps that sound a bit like tube ones or you could try to add a tube buffer. AuroraSound HEADA is such solid state amp.

The question is what would you like to achieve pairing ADI with Envy?
I have one here, I bought a chord Qutest to pair it with my envy. The adi is now part of my office chain and delivers the 🎵 to a phonitor x.

I had the feeling the pairing (envy adi) wasn’t a perfect match. Maybe I have to re evaluate

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #4,715 of 6,869
I have one here, I bought a chord Qutest to pair it with my envy. The adi is now part of my office chain and delivers the 🎵 to a phonitor x.

I had the feeling the pairing (envy adi) wasn’t a perfect match. Maybe I have to re evaluate
@schwaiger you are actually confirming my concerns that ADI may limit Envy and bring it down on areas it really excels. What have you disliked most about this pairing and which tubes were you using? I think Qutest is also a bit analytical and colder (comparing to Mojo OG and TT2 from Chord stable) yet it is musical with nice sound stage and instrument separation focusing on micro details. I'm afraid to call it a bit bright since it is so dependant on amp and I guess when paired with Envy it is not.

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #4,717 of 6,869
Hello, are you using the ADI 2 DAC via XLR in the Envy? I imagine that to be a good match. Analytical DAC and musical amp. I would be interested in your impressions.

I have it connected through RCA because I actually don't use too much with the Envy. My Spring3 is technically superior, more analog sounding with better resolving capabilities and layering. However this doesn't mean the ADI2 cannot make sing the Envy, this combo sounds great as well. but yes, it sounds a bit more analytical, dryer, more congested and brighter than the Spring3, but is still a lot of fun and is quite remarkable what the ADI2 can to for its price tag.

I have kept my ADI2 because is such piece of engineering, a swiss knife DAC in a compact size form. It gives me a taste of SS amps with Delta-Sigma DNA. I can put it on my rucksack and bring it everywhere. I have a special edition with a glass in the top you can see through.

DSC00848.JPG
DSC00843.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #4,718 of 6,869
Ok. Ordered the Elrog Mos for Envy. I still will start with the stock tubes. I can’t imagine that they will be used much after breakin, however, between these and the Audio Note 4300Bs.

Based on my experience with Euforia AE, I actually like the PSVane 6SN7. Those and the Melz kindly sold to me will be a great start. I may still want to try other drivers. Any other current production tubes worth considering? Maybe Linlai Elite?
Where is the best place to order Elrog Mos and what price did you pay for a matched apir?

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4,721 of 6,869
Where is the best place to order Elrog Mos and what price did you pay for a matched apir?
That was long ago. I now have Elrog TM, and sold both the ER and the MO.

I bought Elrogs from PartsConnexion, but now you can get them only directly from Elrog.

I was very lucky, to be able to purchase a used set of TM.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #4,723 of 6,869
...and be prepared for long waiting times, they are very requested. I waited around 12 weeks for my pair.
You can find them also second hand but be aware the one year warranty can only be claim by the first buyer.

Nov 5, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #4,725 of 6,869
Confused. The Elrog MO is "sold out"? Does that mean that that are no longer in production? TM 300B? Are they better than the MO. What is the price difference?
ER and Mo rotate production cycles, both interrupted by the TM run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back